00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico!

22,846 Views | 119 Replies

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-28 18:16:15

anybody got a recording?

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-28 19:36:41

Does Darkside get to keep his prize? I thought he was part of the judging, too. Ah, well, listmaster deserves it, metal prevailed! I got a mention this time, which has made me very happy. Congrats to the winners!
Enjoy your cash and/or shirts (and stickers).

Good work Maestro, Darkside, judges, psychogoldfish (I too missed the show :'( bah, humbug, anyone record it?)

Looking forward to the next one.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-28 19:55:04

At 3/28/08 07:36 PM, WritersBlock wrote: humbug, anyone record it?)

No as far as I know nobody who listened recorded it

It's not important anyway- it was just PsychoGoldfish who had pre-recorded a "show" with the top 3 in each category- then inbetween he sometimes put incredibly witty and well thought out remarks like "And the winner is... another shitty song!" although he just sounded like he wanted to get it done as fast as possible most of the time... honestly there was absolutely nothing of interest. Except for the winners of course. But you should know who won by now.

I guess it's time for me to say congrats to the winners since I haven't already

Congrats to the winners, have good piss and goodbye going to sleep. natta.

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-28 20:36:44

2/4
guessed correctly, i'm 50%!

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-28 21:20:07

i'm going to try and get it up by April 1st. It will end by April 22nd, to try and get a winner by April 30th, which is Pico Day!

SO GET A HEAD START IF YOU'RE THINKING OF JOINING!

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-28 23:04:25

At 3/28/08 05:44 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Bots Theme
1. Machine of Judgement | MaestroRage *carries down due to meh being judge :'(*
2. Eat This | p4c
3. Dream Gazing | SineRider
4. Life in the Audio Portal | Arnas
First place winners in each catagory get
$100 bucks
song front paged

Second place winners in each category get
NG Shirt

Third place winners in each category get
to look at the other winners!

Since "Eat This | p4c" is on the front page.. does that make me a 3rd place winner?

Third place winners in each category get
to look at the other winners!

Can you be more specifc?

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 05:03:34

At 3/28/08 05:44 PM, MaestroRage wrote:

Hit Things | WritersBlock

Pico Themes
1. Quantem Fire | navij11
2. Antoganist | Quarl
3. Darkest Shadow | ZeRo-BaSs

Holy shit! DGJTGUYFYJRB GUUUU!@!!11W @1

Excitement for placing/ hilarity for having made that song in garage band :P

MAEERZAAAWWWQ!

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 05:57:18

At 3/28/08 05:47 PM, TjA wrote: Due to timezones i missed this, is there a recording?

Well, the show wasn't that good because it was pre-recorded stuff and PG kind of is fed-up with the way the judging goes, so he didn't put much effort in it... :(

At 3/28/08 07:36 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Does Darkside get to keep his prize? I thought he was part of the judging, too.

Naa, I'm part of the MAC crew but that doesn't automaticly mean that I judge. ;) If so, my price would have passed on to cornandbeans. ;)

I was a normal contender like most of us.

Anyways, congrats to all the winners!! (lol self-whoring)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 09:54:04

Oh wow, I didn't expect to place in this contest :D

Congrats to the winners :)

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 13:38:09

Pico Themes
2. Antoganist | Quarl

Ah yes.. I'd place Antagonist first, though. I loved it but I'd place Quantem Fire second. I downloaded Antagonist though.

By the way can anyone answer my question? What do 3rd place winners get? To look at the other winners? I mean, I've been looking at this topic for weeks and keep predicting who wins. Why would I care about looking at the other winners now when it's all over? Anyway, thanks for the 3rd ord 4th place. I guess I'm getting better

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 14:03:54

At 3/29/08 01:38 PM, Arnas wrote: Pico Themes
2. Antoganist | Quarl

Ah yes.. I'd place Antagonist first, though. I loved it but I'd place Quantem Fire second. I downloaded Antagonist though.

By the way can anyone answer my question? What do 3rd place winners get? To look at the other winners? I mean, I've been looking at this topic for weeks and keep predicting who wins. Why would I care about looking at the other winners now when it's all over? Anyway, thanks for the 3rd ord 4th place. I guess I'm getting better

Calm down man, I think it was a joke. It just means 3rd place people don't get anything. You weren't even third were you?

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 14:04:57

At 3/29/08 01:38 PM, Arnas wrote: By the way can anyone answer my question? What do 3rd place winners get? To look at the other winners?

Naked pics of them. PM the winners for it and make sure you leave your e-mail.

Lucky bastard

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 14:33:13

At 3/29/08 02:03 PM, SineRider wrote: Calm down man, I think it was a joke. It just means 3rd place people don't get anything. You weren't even third were you?

They get T-Shirts, actually.

Also, people keep spelling it wrong ;_;
Its QuantUm Fire, not QuantEm Fire.

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 14:39:31

At 3/29/08 02:04 PM, Fuoco wrote:
At 3/29/08 01:38 PM, Arnas wrote: By the way can anyone answer my question? What do 3rd place winners get? To look at the other winners?
Naked pics of them. PM the winners for it and make sure you leave your e-mail.

Lucky bastard

ar. I got my pics ready. Just give me your email arnas and I'll send you the nudity.

Also, I'm still shocked that I placed. I'm friggen happy. Can't wait for a tee. Good job everyone else that placed! Especially nav. That track was tight!

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 18:46:46

uh does that mean i got first place? [maestro judged] HAWT HAWT [i jst saw today ive been on vacation :O]

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 20:24:48

At 3/29/08 02:39 PM, Quarl wrote: ar. I got my pics ready. Just give me your email arnas and I'll send you the nudity.

Also, I'm still shocked that I placed. I'm friggen happy. Can't wait for a tee. Good job everyone else that placed! Especially nav. That track was tight!

:D Thanks! I sent Tom a PM, I can only hope that he got it...

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 21:47:18

I have three questions.

1. What do the 3rd place winners get? One of you said "To get to look at the other winners" another said "You get nothing" and the other said "You just get a T Shirt" which one of those is true? Isn't there an official confirmation somewhere?

2. Who do I PM? My address to Tom? Bob?

3. Am I a 3rd place winner? Since the 2nd place winner got his song front paged.. I assume the 1st place winner doesn't count. Since I'm 4th and the 1st place doesn't count, that makes me third?

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-29 21:59:51

At 3/29/08 09:47 PM, Arnas wrote: I have three questions.

1. What do the 3rd place winners get? One of you said "To get to look at the other winners" another said "You get nothing" and the other said "You just get a T Shirt" which one of those is true? Isn't there an official confirmation somewhere?

The 3rd place winners do not win anything. The "Get to look at the other winners" was a joke, meaning that... you get to watch them win, I guess. The T-shirt thing was incorrect.

2. Who do I PM? My address to Tom? Bob?

If someone got first or second, then they PM Tom.

3. Am I a 3rd place winner? Since the 2nd place winner got his song front paged.. I assume the 1st place winner doesn't count. Since I'm 4th and the 1st place doesn't count, that makes me third?

Well, you're technically fourth place. But because MaestroRage was a judge, his first place position moved everyone one up a placing for prizes only. Check the official placing on the 3rd page near the bottom, for MaestroRage's long post.

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-03-30 11:09:44

Actually, holding your breath underwater has shown to be beneficial for brain efficiency. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Win_Wenger

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-01 01:10:48

At 3/30/08 11:09 AM, EpicMastermind wrote: Actually, holding your breath underwater has shown to be beneficial for brain efficiency. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Win_Wenger

You really expect me to attempt to understand that article? Actually, I'll probably spend the next 30 minutes expanding my mind, if you know what I mean...

Anyone got the placings for the Tankman category? That would be nice

Oh and if were going to link shit, this is what I would have entered to the Pico category if I wasnt so oblivious to the calendar. It is a metamorphosis of music if you will

Pico Theory

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-02 19:44:34

At 4/1/08 01:10 AM, RyeGuyHead wrote:

Yea...it really would

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-02 20:23:31

At 4/2/08 07:44 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote:
At 4/1/08 01:10 AM, RyeGuyHead wrote:
Yea...it really would

Sure I got them...let's see here...hmmm, 4 entries in total because people care...woops, one was an old one by me...hm, then we have only 3 entries...which means...HOLY SHIT. D:

RyeGuyHead, you just were too stupid to submit something to the contest. I are teh sry for ya man. :(

Better luck next time. :D

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-03 16:05:04

At 4/2/08 08:23 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote:

RyeGuyHead, you just were too stupid to submit something to the contest. I are teh sry for ya man. :(

uhhh, what? No one calls me stupid, stoopid is acceptable, but that doesnt really make sense anyways.

My Badass Showdown was definatly submited under the Tankmen theme. Second place gets a ng t-shirt right?

Or are you just claiming it for yourself haha...wait a second

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-03 16:11:23

At 4/3/08 04:05 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: My Badass Showdown was definatly submited under the Tankmen theme. Second place gets a ng t-shirt right?

Yes FruGuy you won now go PM Tom with the info needed (which MaestroNeedsAngerManagement posted in the bottom of the previous page)

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-03 19:15:37

Shit, didnt even see his post. Thank you very much for the lead in my investigation SBB.

"FruGuy"... what? haha, am i missing out on something

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-26 20:21:41

This is my submission for Tankmen. i think this would be good for chase scenes or something

-Sig-

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-26 20:24:20

aw its over =\ goddamit *note to self (read Deadline)*

-Sig-

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-26 22:25:00

At 4/26/08 08:24 PM, Los-Illuminados wrote: aw its over =\ goddamit *note to self (read Deadline)*

you'll like the next MAC, stick around it'll be up in 3 days :D!

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2008-04-26 23:03:58

yea i knew i wasn't even going to get on the final list. :(

Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! 2009-01-18 17:39:11

this here is my first submission to Pico Day ive ever tried, so here goes nothing. ive gotten a lot of good feedback on my other works, and i have a good feeling about this one.

Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico!

Today's menu items are orchestral and soundtrack lasagna with a side of bonecrushing heavy metal macaroni.

BBS Signature