00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Deimos1699 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ctsg Collab

101,841 Views | 2,149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 14:39:32

OOOOOKAAAAAAAY!!!!!!...........

Does anybody even read what I post?

I've said like 3 times.. "Yay, i'll take his spot".. then.. "okay I started animating"

And now after 2 days of animating... I'm reading.. > the part goes to (some other guy)..

Well thanks alot for letting me know that AFTER im this far. -_-.. ffs srsly lol.

Anyways... this is what i've been working on today and yesterday:

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/270408/7 4175_Collabz.php

But I'm guessing this was a waste of time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 15:05:51

At 4/27/08 02:39 PM, Keveta2 wrote: OOOOOKAAAAAAAY!!!!!!...........

Does anybody even read what I post?

I've said like 3 times.. "Yay, i'll take his spot".. then.. "okay I started animating"

And now after 2 days of animating... I'm reading.. > the part goes to (some other guy)..

Well thanks alot for letting me know that AFTER im this far. -_-.. ffs srsly lol.

Oh and by the way.. if this isn't going to be in there..
Than that would mean that I've made FOUR parts for this collab...
With only ONE of them that will actually get in there...

If this keeps up.. I'll have my OWN collab in no time rofl..

All I've made so far:

The omgipickedmyownsound thing:
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/140208/6 0971_Collab.php

The zomfgnarutotard thing:
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/150208/7 9891_Acollab.php

MY PIECE that's srsly DONE NOW.
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/270408/7 5791_Collab3.php

And then there's the OMGnobodyReadsMYpostssoIstartedanimating thing:

FEEDBACK PLZ. Or I'll start to believe my posts r fucking Invisible here..
Cuz as I said before... I'm starting to build up my own collab here.. sjeez!..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 16:01:11

At 4/27/08 02:39 PM, Keveta2 wrote: Well thanks alot for letting me know that AFTER im this far. -_-.. ffs srsly lol.

I haven't gotten as much content into the part yet, but I've worked on my part also. Proof.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 16:03:20

At 4/27/08 03:05 PM, Keveta2 wrote: Cuz as I said before... I'm starting to build up my own collab here.. sjeez!..

Sorry bout that, man...Catoblepas had offered before you, so I put him in. Nice one - let's see what Cat has in mind first. Again, sorry about that. I never knew you'd be working on it. :P

In other news, some questions from Whirlguy:

1. The menu is 550x400, but the movie is going to be 550x460 right?

No - it will be 550x492. There will be sig pics on the top and bottom. After being resized, they're 46px tall each. So if you could make the menu 550x492, that'd be great. Then when the movie starts, the sig pics slide down into the frame and keep the actual animation at 550x400. See the pic for a diagram :P

I was wondering how we were going to fill up the bottom. That reminds me, is there going to be a mini menu while the movie plays?

I think that's a good idea.

2. I was thinking people could post their 150x150 pic for in the author bios with a bit of text in the thread. So I can add it to the author bios.

Sounds good - go for it, guys.

3. And also a pic of 55x40 for in the scene selection, but maybe we should wait with that.

Yeah, we'll get screenshots or something.

4. I will replace the random facts to display the audio artists that the animator worked with at the author bios.

Why not divide the author bios into two parts? I want musicians and artists to get equal recognition. :D

The Ctsg Collab

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 16:07:48

argh.. well okay...

Then please tell me we're getting some kind of bonus material menu thingy -_- i would hate to see
all them parts go to waste.. :x

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 16:16:55

At 4/27/08 04:11 PM, BritishMoose wrote:
At 4/27/08 04:07 PM, Keveta2 wrote: argh.. well okay...

Then please tell me we're getting some kind of bonus material menu thingy -_- i would hate to see
all them parts go to waste.. :x
You made two parts. The first two were just your part before you took into account the criticism. As a result, they are WIPs.

Ah right.. but still..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 17:33:40

At 4/27/08 04:01 PM, Catoblepas wrote: I haven't gotten as much content into the part yet, but I've worked on my part also. Proof.

Ooooo....nice! How will that transition from your other part?

More Whirlguy info...

I like your ideas!

550x492 is an awkward size, but ok. Ill customize the menu to it.
Im not sure how we should place the mini menu, and who should design it?

Maybe a list of sig pics that pop up when you mouseover a certain area...when you click on a pair, you'll go to their scene.

I agree with equal recognition, I will have to edit the menu a little.
I could either create a new section to display audio artists and create a new scene to switch to. Or do one of the following things with the billboard:
- Put the audio artists along with the animators
- Put audio artists on the billboard along with the animator, creating a smaller space, but more room to fill because the billboard will be zoomed in. The content will look less like an advertisement though, I personally dont go for that, though zooming in would be nifty..

I was thinking of two pics and smaller bios on the same billboard space. They'll be grouped into their artist/musician pairs.

Personally Im going for the new section, but I have no Idea what to create yet. Maybe a cable that connects to the buildings across the street or something. And therell be hanging signs from the cable? I have no idea heh. Ill just see.

Ideas anyone?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 18:22:26

When looking back on his awesome work on the menu, I think he'll think up of something :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-27 21:12:16

Three days. Two days tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-28 01:08:13

OKAY!! I've sent part 3 in!

Whew!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-28 04:59:45

At 4/27/08 12:31 PM, Catoblepas wrote: By the way Night-Mare, what kind of transition should I put in the end of my part? A white fade like in the beginning of your part or...?

End your part with a white screen.
Anyway you want.
Could be an explosion.
Could be zooming into a cloud.
Could be a part of an eye.
Whatever. :D

At 4/27/08 03:05 PM, Keveta2 wrote: FEEDBACK PLZ. Or I'll start to believe my posts r fucking Invisible here..

I actually liked most of those..
WHY DIDNT THEY GET IN >:C
Oh well..

So umm.. how do you guys want the preloader? :D

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-28 07:29:15

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-28 08:07:04

From Whirlguy:
COWABUNGA! I just got called by BCC! Im gonna go get my laptop back =D

That is all.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-28 09:49:09

At 4/28/08 04:59 AM, Night-Mare wrote: So umm.. how do you guys want the preloader? :D
At 4/28/08 07:29 AM, Night-Mare wrote: not illegal text

I was hoping for something little less loveblimpy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-28 13:23:13

how exactly did you want the parts submitted again? ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 00:58:45

At 4/28/08 01:23 PM, Keveta2 wrote: how exactly did you want the parts submitted again? ^^

BEFORE TOMORROW >:(

send the .fla's to musicalrig@gmail.com

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 01:39:37

lol, just checked in on the thread for the first time in what feels like forever. I'll email the fla tomorrow ;)

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 05:06:05

At 4/28/08 10:24 AM, BritishMoose wrote: Yeah...you can do better, Night-Mare!

Hey, that was just for fun, it wasn't the preloader! >:C

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 08:32:18

Aight.. you've got my .fla :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 13:59:10

http://www.mediafire.com/?guztnhcx2g2 - Potential menu music, whatcha think?

Alright, this is the last day to hand all your stuff in (except for Cat and Millie's extra parts). I'm missing WritersBlock and BlazingGamer's parts, and I can't remember if Night-Mare sent me his.

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS KTHXBYE

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 16:19:04

Crap.

You know the bad news from before about the laptop monitor going kablooey?
The secondary monitor is now dead, too. So I'm using a public computer for the update.

Hopefully either the secondary monitor or the laptop will be fixed by the end of the week. If not, then we'll see if we can trade it in or get a replacement.

Sorry about the delay... :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 18:09:05

I already sent British my fla. through mediafire. He should have the file. If not, I'll send you the link.

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-29 23:53:47

At 4/29/08 01:59 PM, Rig wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/?guztnhcx2g2 - Potential menu music, whatcha think?

Alright, this is the last day to hand all your stuff in (except for Cat and Millie's extra parts). I'm missing WritersBlock and BlazingGamer's parts, and I can't remember if Night-Mare sent me his.

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS KTHXBYE

In the process of sending you an email right now.

I think the loop is ok. It could be better. For instance, a melody would be nice.
Also, I'm not sure if you remember, but ages ago I suggested my jazzy loop for the credits. Thoughts/comments on this, rig?

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-30 02:38:03

At 4/29/08 11:53 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Also, I'm not sure if you remember, but ages ago I suggested my jazzy loop for the credits. Thoughts/comments on this, rig?

I thought something more urban-y would suit the menu. We can vote on it, I suppose.
Thanks for the .fla!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-30 03:01:16

At 4/30/08 02:38 AM, Rig wrote:
At 4/29/08 11:53 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Also, I'm not sure if you remember, but ages ago I suggested my jazzy loop for the credits. Thoughts/comments on this, rig?
I thought something more urban-y would suit the menu. We can vote on it, I suppose.
Thanks for the .fla!

Yeah, I think it's pretty good for the theme, as a backing sort of thing, but I think it should have another instrument to it. Just my opinion though...
And when I say credits, I mean the part after the movie's finished and the "replay?" button is displayed. Separate from the menu loop. I'm not saying that my loop should replace yours. Just wondering if you'd considered it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-30 03:53:15

At 4/30/08 03:01 AM, WritersBlock wrote: And when I say credits, I mean the part after the movie's finished and the "replay?" button is displayed. Separate from the menu loop. I'm not saying that my loop should replace yours. Just wondering if you'd considered it.

Um, BritishMoose and I have discussed the credits and I'm writing a specialized song specifically for it. Sorry :\
You ARE making a flash part and you made a part for the song.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-30 05:21:12

HAPPY PICO DAY! :D

Morrowdays should submit the "PicoSkateCollab" soon...

/advertisement..

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-30 05:33:44

At 4/30/08 03:53 AM, Rig wrote:
At 4/30/08 03:01 AM, WritersBlock wrote: And when I say credits, I mean the part after the movie's finished and the "replay?" button is displayed. Separate from the menu loop. I'm not saying that my loop should replace yours. Just wondering if you'd considered it.
Um, BritishMoose and I have discussed the credits and I'm writing a specialized song specifically for it. Sorry :\
You ARE making a flash part and you made a part for the song.

Fair 'nuff.

It's a good feeling to know that we're so close to the end.
So we've got the credits, preloader (game?) and author bios stuff to go. And the other 2 parts.
I'm looking forward to seeing millie and catoblepas' back-to-back parts.
@ Millie: Do you need anything from me for your closing transition/want me to add your transition into my part?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-30 06:22:55

Wow, this sounds awesome, I need to visit the forums more this is really cool. If its even a fraction as good as the music collab was it will be great. Good luck guys!

Response to The Ctsg Collab 2008-04-30 06:32:31

Sorry about not being finished yet with my part.

I am just adding transition and fixing up the hell scene.

Transition works fine, dunno if it syncs with toxics part.

ALMOST DONE :D

asdfg

BBS Signature