00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,070 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-08-16 16:27:26

I've been waiting almost two weeks now, and it could take up to a month?

Ok......Uhhhhh, I'm just hoping my submission didn't get banned. I used a beat made by war-spawn and Yun, but I had cleared it with them prior to using the beat for recording and finishing the track.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-08-21 20:38:10

Hello.

I've been waiting almost two weeks now, could someone perhaps give me some sort of status or how long it may be?

Thank-you for your time.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-08-22 08:59:45

I submitted my track hours ago and yet it still hasn't been approved! /endrant

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-08-23 03:51:23

Submitted a loop over two weeks ago, but not uploaded anymore yet as I've been waiting for approval. Messaged an audio mod a couple of days ago, still not heard back.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-01 23:19:12

At 2/5/08 08:29 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 2/5/08 08:24 AM, dtnfdt wrote: Thanks !

Thats REAL good infomation to know and its very usefull. I subited my yesterday and im waiting for approval. Now i know what to expect to wait exactly. Thanks alot dude !
yet somehow you managed to miss the fact that newgrounds audio portal is NOT an mp3 filesharing site... which mean, you're not allowed to submit songs by Blind Guardian...

Do read the links in my initial post.. :-/

ok now can someone tell me how to convert WMA to MP3 i cant and i want to enterthe sound like a pirate contest

START A RIOT START A FIRE START A RAMPAGE DO WATEVER IT TAKES TO FREE PEOPLE

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-02 17:38:37

well there goes my chance at the pirate voice acting contests submission -_-

Voice Actor Looking for Work

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-02 20:48:42

At 9/2/09 05:38 PM, JakeRies50 wrote: well there goes my chance at the pirate voice acting contests submission -_-

If you'd read the terms of the contest a bit more thoroughly, you'd know that you could post a link to your submission here, so that you can get your approval fast-tracked.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-03 17:38:23

At 9/2/09 08:48 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 9/2/09 05:38 PM, JakeRies50 wrote: well there goes my chance at the pirate voice acting contests submission -_-
If you'd read the terms of the contest a bit more thoroughly, you'd know that you could post a link to your submission here, so that you can get your approval fast-tracked.

Yeah, I missed that part before, but it actually got approved quick enough, so that I was able to make the deadline.

Voice Actor Looking for Work

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-06 20:47:07

TO THA MODERATORZ

It would be way uncool to assume songs are stolen because they sound professional. You know they make music identification software for this sort of thing? You might already use it, I dunno. If not, check it out, it might make your lives easier.

Here's a link to one, there are probably better ones if you look for them:

http://www.wildbits.com/tunatic/

BY THA WAY if you'd approve my submission (Jumble III) soon that'd be sweet. It's clearly too weird to be stolen...

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-17 22:50:39

Hi, I'd like to ask for a moderator to approve me, please?
Thanks!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-18 00:18:19

At 9/17/09 10:50 PM, FallenTaco wrote: Hi, I'd like to ask for a moderator to approve me, please?

It's not that simple. There are hundreds of new artists awaiting approval. It can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Just be patient and we'll get through the list. :D

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-18 01:13:08

At 9/1/09 11:19 PM, FLYINGTANKZ wrote: ok now can someone tell me how to convert WMA to MP3 i cant and i want to enterthe sound like a pirate contest

You should be able to do it if you have any DAW on hand, but it will still sound like crap. WMA usually goes around 40 kbps as opposed to around 300 with mp3, so I reccommend recording into mp3 from the beginning.
Still, if you insist it can probably be done with almost any audio editing software.

Thou shalt bow before my superiority-ness.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-18 01:50:24

At 9/18/09 12:18 AM, TMM43 wrote:
At 9/17/09 10:50 PM, FallenTaco wrote: Hi, I'd like to ask for a moderator to approve me, please?
It's not that simple. There are hundreds of new artists awaiting approval. It can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Just be patient and we'll get through the list. :D

Alright, thank you very much for your speedy reply :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-18 22:43:38

I've gotten a response that the process averages "two weeks" for most new artists
Week one is almost over. I may not be able to provide sexually attractive pictures or things of that matter, but I'll bake some bad ass cookies for a mod if they can bump me through the main gate =D

bust out the towel, its gonna be a wet one

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-20 14:02:07

Two weeks? Damn. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Although, regardless of how many people need reviewing, more are joining every day so I guess it's more like a 2 week backlog than a 2 week process. Review a seventh of the new submission queue every day and you guys will approach efficiency! ;)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-20 14:08:35

like many, i am also awaiting approval. i just wanted to know if it didn't make it through the audio portal.

it is true. he is AlWAYS watching!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-23 16:17:08

Ive also been waiting for weeks. If a mod could take a look for me id be ever so grateful. lol

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-23 16:30:05

At 9/23/09 04:17 PM, SeeEqualsThree wrote: Ive also been waiting for weeks. If a mod could take a look for me id be ever so grateful. lol

I think that generally if it takes more then 1 week, it is because you have been banned. They don't send you an email, or change the message on the audio that has been banned, so you as a user a quite oblivious to the fact that your song has been banned. There are a few things that constitute banning, I think the most common is reusing someone elses audio in your own (such as playing guitar over a copyrighted song) or doing midi copies and replacing the instruments.

I was banned a couple months ago for submitting a cover of a sonic the hedgehog song, it wasn't a midi rip, but I spent a lot of my time getting to be almost a perfect recreation, so yeah, that kinda thing gets you banned.

I started a new account and submitted my original work, and got a song approved in 6 days.
Hope you get approved or get an answer!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-24 17:44:51

it has been two and i only uploaded one song so....id like to see if i wasnt banned or something

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-24 23:32:42

If your third week is coming up, I bet would be a good idea to start PMing an audio mod or two (listed on the FAQ linked by the original post in this thread). However, I wouldn't bug these guys until then.

These are the 5 most recently active audio mods on the forum (from what I can see):
jarrydn
Jonas
poxpower
Rucklo
TMM43

When almost three weeks go by, it would get ridiculous. That is enough time to lose interest in this site as well as miss the opportunity of spending your time in a different music community. As far as users being blacklisted without receiving a notice, if it's true, the possibility of waiting and never knowing is also a turnoff to caring about Newgrounds.

Also, if you have been approved in the last day or so, post how long the delay was. Seeing only people post who are waiting might make it seem worse or more mysterious than it really is. :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-25 05:17:14

Hey, I have been waiting for about 1 week now, and I was wondering if I did something wrong because its my first time... anyway, can u fix it?javascript:ClearTextArea(document.for ms['mainform'].elements['body'],%208192)
;

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-27 20:35:56

I haven't been waiting for weeks on end... But i have been waiting about a week.
And I'm just curious as to when I'll get any feedback regarding my submission(s).
Both are very much my own work. I don't buy that we are waiting for a mod to listen to make sure we aren't ripping anything off when "Cleanin' Out my Closet Freestyle" (275933) exists...

Not bitter, just looking forward to contributing.

No one is taller than the last man standing.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-27 20:51:50

this really sucks.....ive already posted about four people up and i waited about two weeks now going onto my third....ive pmed a lot of moderators and only got one reply which didnt help.....and its getting a little ridiculious.....i mean i know im being impatient....but ive done a lot just to submit one song......i guess eitheir one of two things....one moderators are "overwhelmed" by all the submitters....or im just being over looked cause im a noobie sending in stuff that might be "copyright" but the thing is i know its mine and want ppl to listen to it.....how long must i wait just to get one song is kinda sad compared to all the ppl who DO send in B.S.

i know im just complaining so....sorry for wasting time.....

Awaiting Audio Approval?

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-29 13:12:46

I think that it could be much better if we had some kind of "Submission status" on our Audio Submissions panel.

Something like: "File --- Status: Awaiting for approval / Online / Removed / Rejected"

That would ensure us that our file is really being evaluated and that our submission was really done; coz when I check on my panel It looks like I never even tried to upload my file, and that I will also never see it online.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-29 20:59:08

Could a mod or someone check out my submission? I made the whole song and it doesn't ressemble anything out there... or basically I just have to wait 'till I can resubmit again?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-09-30 20:19:56

Yup still waiting a week on my submission

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-01 00:36:21

Well, it's been a week since I submitted about three things, one of them being a remake of the first thing I submitted. However, I'm more concerned about my 3rd audio track getting submitted. I have waited for about a week and to no avail. just wondering if a mod could come check me out? oh, and I also submitted a new song just now. It's original, or at least to my knowledge.

Our Falcon, who art in Mute City, Give us this day our Falcon Punch. SHOW US YA PRAYERS!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-01 12:23:51

Bah! Im just about ready to make a website called musicthatwasbannedfromnewgrounds.com and I think it will kick more as than the AP we have now

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-01 16:06:39

This sux... its easier to record a disc than post a damn single song here... *boring*

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-03 17:29:10

Been waiting a while for my submission if any mods want to have a look.