00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,082 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-27 20:13:15

I was suffering from some anxiety about this same topic, and I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread.

For one thing, I'm glad the audio mods have taken time to explain the situation. I had no idea what scale of their work was. In fact I kind of pity them. I don't think I would be able to handle the work they have cut out for them. Not only sorting out countless of new submissions but dealing with the usual shit that accompanies a high traffic site.

I just uploaded a few tracks with out really understanding the time line, so I was worried at first. Glad to know its just the mechanics of the AP.

On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't have started by uploading tracks that I had already once posted on the internet, on my acidplanet.com profile, which I have maintained since early 2004. At least I can provide proof of my identity.

Keep on truckin', audio mods.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-27 21:01:08

At 5/27/09 07:18 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: Yeah man. However, regardless of the license, it's not welcome here. Otherwise the audio portal would fill up with generic "duplo" music mixes...which isn't original at all.

I agree with the sentiments, though I am strongly opposed to unwritten rules being enforced on a userbase that rarely reads the written ones.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-28 00:04:52

At 5/27/09 09:01 PM, Khuskan wrote:
I agree with the sentiments, though I am strongly opposed to unwritten rules being enforced on a userbase that rarely reads the written ones.

Well, the rules mention originality quite a number of times. I'm sure they could be worded differently. Especially for people who just are driven to find loopholes in the rules to justify their work. If I let what is written get clouded, for my moderation... then why have rules for no one to read, to begin with? haha.

The only thing that isn't defined is the extent of originality. I base it on this definition:

'Originality is the aspect of created or invented works by as being new or novel, and thus can be distinguished from reproductions, clones, forgeries, or derivative works.

The term "originality" is often applied as a compliment to the creativity of artists, writers, and thinkers'

I've been using that as a definition. It's worked pretty well for me so far. I'm sure other mods go by this same definition or variant of it...

Anyways, these are also reasons that the approval process can take a while. (Staying on target of the thread).

I can only offer the fact that the audio moderators I speak with and mod with are as consistent as they can be with this.

As for the suggested 98% of audio on newgrounds to be purged..... That may fall truer for certain genres....but I'm sure is far from the 98% claimed.. And if it is 98 %, at least I'm doing my part to not let that number climb. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-28 10:46:18

Well, at least now i understand why its taking sometime to be aproved by a audio mod.

Anyway, I have been impressed by audio portal submissions, found a lot of good stuff.

And if anybody think my subimitted song is not original, i can send the sheet of it, that i wrote with my encore (sorry, no pen n paper this time...)

But i think audio mod work is just like that, need to filter crap and abusive songs.

Thank you all guys.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-28 19:24:50

oh im glad takes a while for mods to do what they do. I was getting anxious but now i guess it'll be ok

i used fruity loops by the way :3

I have brain tinnitus.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-30 19:19:02

Here's another question on the originality part. Are pre-made sounds, like the "drum kits" which contain things like keys for a cymbal, cowbell, hihat, etc. considered original or non-original?

Also, I used garageband to make my submission, which i've since made a much longer version of, with another section in it that the first didn't (A-B-A) , but I have no keyboard. I made the song by adding a single note, and copying it over and over again in the track editor, changing the note to where it should be, it's note velocity, length, and so on. I then copied measures which are repeated, so they are looped. Is there a chance a moderator might think these are pre-made loops; how could they tell?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-01 16:01:24

Well.... I posted mah first song over a month ago.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-02 12:30:49

At 5/30/09 07:19 PM, Anti-Epic wrote: Here's another question on the originality part. Are pre-made sounds, like the "drum kits" which contain things like keys for a cymbal, cowbell, hihat, etc. considered original or non-original?

By my personal experience, i don't think a drum kit would be consider a scam or "copy" ... if you made the drum loop, and you own the program, i belive is ok.

Also, I used garageband to make my submission, which i've since made a much longer version of, with another section in it that the first didn't (A-B-A) , but I have no keyboard. I made the song by adding a single note, and copying it over and over again in the track editor, changing the note to where it should be, it's note velocity, length, and so on. I then copied measures which are repeated, so they are looped. Is there a chance a moderator might think these are pre-made loops; how could they tell?

I never used it, but if you simple alter a pre-made song or a pre-made loop, my personal view is that isn't an original work. But working with a piano roll in any program, you actually ARE writing the song. Don't mind if you are copying a note (and changing everything) or creating a new one. It just can't sound like the pre-made, you need to create, not copy.

I hope i helped at least a little bit

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-13 11:25:02

If my first song that I have submitted has not been approved, and I try to post another, will it say that I am banned? Thats what happened with me, is it because I really am banned? or just because they haven't approved my first one?

Thanks a bunch!

RetroRooster~

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-14 19:34:53

I need a audio moderator that will approve my song faster. Please i really need my songs.

Click the Anime Girl.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-21 12:24:38

I feel this thread needs a bump. It helped me out when having no idea the timeframe it would take.

At 3/27/09 03:07 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 3/27/09 02:44 PM, Ditocoaf wrote: Wait... so does your first submission ever show up in the portal, after it's approved? Or is it pretty much fated to never get a single listen?
usually new artsts submissions won't get showcased in the "latest submissions" list, since it goes by order submitted there. and since it normally takes a few days to get validated, your spot at that list is long gone. all submissions after validations will show up however.

This is troubling. I kind of put my best song in first, and it may not even end up on the list for the public to see. Aside from that, I think the audio mods are doing a great job.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-22 10:30:09

my songs are waiting for approoval, garh:\ taking so long!
Anyone can help me?:C

Film & Game Composer - 4 Years with FL Studio - Contact me

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/471408

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-23 15:25:29

Alright I submitted some songs for audio approval and its been 2 days for 1 and a day for the other. I don't really care when they get approved or not, I'm cool with the mods taking their time on things. Anyway after reading this entire thread, I have some questions. If I use the library of sounds (that comes with the program) and then put them together to make my song, is those submissions not approved? Also am I currently banned now for not being to original with my songs? Well thanks for any answers to questions.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-23 18:29:37

At 6/23/09 03:25 PM, SerenoFlanjor wrote: Alright I submitted some songs for audio approval and its been 2 days for 1 and a day for the other. I don't really care when they get approved or not, I'm cool with the mods taking their time on things. Anyway after reading this entire thread, I have some questions. If I use the library of sounds (that comes with the program) and then put them together to make my song, is those submissions not approved? Also am I currently banned now for not being to original with my songs? Well thanks for any answers to questions.

I'm going on 4 days (for my first song)
I'm not gonna take back what I said about the audio mods doing a great job.
They've gotta be understaffed or something... But there is a clear problem with the audio portal. Why should artists upload their music here if they can instantly upload it to youtube or soundclick instead of waiting days or weeks? Or go to forums and get fast feedback? I like newgrounds because I feel that my style of music would shine best on this site. I hope for the best for the audio portal here.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-23 18:50:10

Yeah and one of the worse things is you could be banned and not even know it. They should definitely staff more audio moderators and send e-mail verifications as well as offer sometime of way to check how long it would take, as well as tracking the status of your submissions.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-23 20:42:53

Indeed.

I'm on my third day, waiting.. sigh for aprooval >:C

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-25 19:52:42

At the very least this thread could be sticked or checked by moderators because everyone links you to this when asking about Audio Approval.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-25 19:54:32

At 6/25/09 07:52 PM, SerenoFlanjor wrote: At the very least this thread could be sticked or checked by moderators because everyone links you to this when asking about Audio Approval.

It's been suggested that this link would also appear on the audio sticky. It probably will be up there soon. In the meantime, we, the audio regulars will just keep on pointing the newbies here.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-26 09:04:13

Well, i've been waiting for two weeks now, I was hoping it would be up before my vacation but well, I guess it'll be up when i get home! :D

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-26 11:34:38

At 6/26/09 09:04 AM, bac10 wrote: Well, i've been waiting for two weeks now, I was hoping it would be up before my vacation but well, I guess it'll be up when i get home! :D

poor guy xD
Im at my seventh day, xD HALP

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-26 18:25:08

I've been working on music like crazy lately and every couple of days I submit something new. Alas, I am not approved yet... but WHEN I AM... the earth will rock back and forth like a.... hmmm... like a...lifer at an insane asylum?

Anyways, just REALLY looking forward to being approved because I see this site as a valuable tool for collaboration, and I truly love a little positive criticism. How else are we supposed to get better.

Shaking with anticipation,

-Skylar

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-26 19:05:41

I'm going on my third day, my stuff is all my own, no remixes and no covers... I gotta hope that I get accepted soon because Im not going to have the internet (be able to submit) for too long. Three days isn't very long, Im just antsy and pumped to see how my stuff does!!!

Ooh that smell...

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-28 01:12:48

I personally am going to be patient with mine.
Not sure what reasons for Audio Mod absence or delay, but they are people too, and they have lives to take care of. ... Plus its summer.

They're probably drinking tequilas out in the hot sun. Livin it up!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

Newest Hit: A Dark Future Uncertain... ... Newest Voiceover: Meet Jimmy Bob!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-28 22:00:15

At 9/13/08 07:51 PM, bark0d3 wrote: BUMP~

who decides if the beats submitted are stolen or not?
my brother made an account the other day and submitted four tunes,hes been makin beats for about 10 years now on propper software so nearly everything he makes sounds like its ripped of something,
it sounds to me like your saying if the songs submitted sound "too professionaly made" then they will be rejected......is that right?

I think in light of this, I might consider throwing a list of software and plugins I used to make the submitted song, ... just temporarily, so the audio mods can look through and see that I'm 100% legit.

Cause lets face it.
by the logic above, I might be in for a long wait for approval. =/

I do wish there was a different system of doing things, but all of the morons who DO upload UNORIGINAL material are the real ones at fault here.

If it wasn't for their illegal video game remixes, P2P file-sharing retardation, and their complete lack of understanding when it comes to anything copywritten, us legit musicians would be having it easy, drinking tequillas out on the beach along WITH the audio mods!

Maybe these unoriginal posers need to find a new hobby.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-29 11:01:59

if my song doesnt get aprooved, will i be notified?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-29 11:36:44

At 6/29/09 11:01 AM, reel2 wrote: if my song doesnt get aprooved, will i be notified?

Probably not. Just question yourself; did it follow the rules?
- your own original work
- not using copyrighted samples
- not build from premade loops
- not a pure random crap submission (clicking around in FL and exporting), or just earhurting crap.

If all of the above are checked for you, then you'll most likely be approved soon. If not, you know why. You can always try to submit something new to check if you're banned or just not approved yet. If you're banned it will show you a message that you are. In the other case you'll just have to be a bit patient.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-29 11:59:19

Ok, I swear this is the last time I'm gonna complain. I absolutely LOVE this site and I want to be part of the community. It has been over 20 days since my first audio submission and I am still not approved. I tried messaging audio mods but no one replied to me. This is my last ditch effort to see if some holy forum god of divine powers can grant me a concession and please see to it that I am approved.

-Crossing fingers, rubbing a rosary, and Buddhist chanting so that the gods will hear me.

-Skylar (CounterPoint)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-29 13:18:01

At 6/29/09 11:36 AM, MICHhimself wrote: - not build from premade loops

I imagine the meaning of this is 'don't build a song with ONLY loops, and don't build a song with loops that are clearly illegal/copywritten'. ... A LOT of the loops out there are of the public domain, and un accountable as loops, therefore should not be trouble to use.

And the general use of loops is not as some sort of 'standalone', but something (for example) used in the backdrop to thicken up an original drum-line, whether spliced or re-ordered, or use craftily in other ways.

None of my submissions have any loops, but I would be hard-pressed to believe that the 'no-loops' rule is brutally 100% literal. It would betray my academic knowledge of Music Business and copyright if so.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-29 13:26:54

At 6/29/09 01:18 PM, ProjektDro wrote: None of my submissions have any loops, but I would be hard-pressed to believe that the 'no-loops' rule is brutally 100% literal. It would betray my academic knowledge of Music Business and copyright if so.

... and I know the above is somewhat a pretentious thing to say, considering the likely experience of the audio mods and everyone else on the audio side of things...

but really?

Absolutely zero loops? =/

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-06-29 15:08:22

At 6/29/09 01:26 PM, ProjektDro wrote:
At 6/29/09 01:18 PM, ProjektDro wrote: None of my submissions have any loops, but I would be hard-pressed to believe that the 'no-loops' rule is brutally 100% literal. It would betray my academic knowledge of Music Business and copyright if so.
... and I know the above is somewhat a pretentious thing to say, considering the likely experience of the audio mods and everyone else on the audio side of things...

but really?

Absolutely zero loops? =/

Ofcourse you can use a loop here and there. You just need to use some common sense. Bear in mind that Newgrounds is all for you originality. Try to make as much as you can yourself.