00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,066 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-20 12:14:33

couldnt this pronlem be solved by adding more audio moderators. i can list a few artists off the top of my head who could be moderators. im not sure if they are but jazza and the guy who does all the stuff for the larry series would be perfect

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-20 12:48:28

At 6/20/10 12:14 PM, hipper44 wrote: couldnt this pronlem be solved by adding more audio moderators. i can list a few artists off the top of my head who could be moderators. im not sure if they are but jazza and the guy who does all the stuff for the larry series would be perfect

It would solve the problem, but we have to remember that moderators can't just be random people. They have to have contributed to the audio community, been helpful in their posts and post in an examplary manner.

JAZZA, for example, could be great as an audio moderator, but he very rarely posts in the Audio forum. DavidOrr (the one who makes music for the Larry series) has not posted that regularly in this forum either, even though I agree with you that he is really helpful and might make a great audio mod.

I can mention other people who might be good at being an audio mod, but ultimately, it's the mods' decision. Besides, it's more important that an audio mod posts regularly in the Audio forum, is helpful in his posts and knows the rules well rather than is just good at making music.

I personally would love to be an audio mod but I'm obviously too young lol :P.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-21 12:31:19

Adding more mods may or maynot help with the problem.
They could help in the sense that more people are working on toward the same goal.
It could hurt because we could have a bunch of people saying "why am I doing all the work when there are so many other people".

Its a very long process to approve just one person. Between the research the listening etc, it takes a long time.

Just PLEASE be patient everyone, and we WILL process your songs.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-21 15:11:26

At 6/16/10 01:27 PM, oddo323 wrote: Can I ask an admin to tell me the name of the Audio submission I posted last Saturday? I can't remember and I want to tell my cousin what to look out for. :P
I cant even seem to find your username on the system.

Does this mean that I will have to re-submit my song?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-21 15:18:16

So you say that approval of new audio-portal submitters depends on what they upload?
Like, if they upload a remix which is hard to tell if it's stolen, then audio moderator just tries to figure out if it's stolen or not for 2 months?

Oh then I need to know how to delete my 1 pending audio submission. I want to upload some more custom song, than playing Bach on piano recording. I'll need to upload some crap as my first audio to ever upload, so it will make sure it's total crap and is not stolen, and then - quick user approval, I delete the crap and upload decent sound.

What about that?

The strongest power in the world is human spirit.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-21 16:09:22

At 6/21/10 03:18 PM, kknots wrote: So you say that approval of new audio-portal submitters depends on what they upload?
Like, if they upload a remix which is hard to tell if it's stolen, then audio moderator just tries to figure out if it's stolen or not for 2 months?

There's not really any other way. We can't make the system like the Art or Flash Portal where you don't need to get approved by a bunch of mods to post submissions, since Audio is much much easier to steal.

Heck, some people actually think that posting their favourite Metallica or Linkin Park song isn't against the rules, when it clearly says in the rules that they are making a legal claim that what they submit is their own original work.

Mods can't just let everything pass. Trust me, the Audio Portal would be a complete mess if that happened.

Besides, they won't take a month or so to check if your song is stolen. I'd imagine they just hear it, and if they're unsure if it's stolen or not, they do a bit of research and they get the opinions of the other mods (although I don't know if that's how it works). That would definitely not take a month or two to finish, probably an hour or two, if not less (just giving out random numbers, mods correct me please). They only sometimes take that long to get to your submission because the list of pending submissions is massive, and as a matter of fact, they have lives.

Oh then I need to know how to delete my 1 pending audio submission. I want to upload some more custom song, than playing Bach on piano recording. I'll need to upload some crap as my first audio to ever upload, so it will make sure it's total crap and is not stolen, and then - quick user approval, I delete the crap and upload decent sound.

What about that?

Firstly, uploading crap will most probably get you banned. Pure spam submissions which just irritate the listener or hurt his/her ears rarely go through the approval process successfully. You need to put some effort into it.

Secondly, you should ask a mod if that is allowed or not. It isn't really your own original work but you're still playing it yourself on the piano, so it at least requires some talent from your side. Still, I have no clue if it's allowed or not.

Finally, so far there is no way to delete your pending submission. Tom plans on upgrading the Audio Portal, so who knows, maybe this will be one of the features, but if you wanted to upload something other than a Bach piece played on the piano, then you should have thought about it before you clicked the 'Submit!' button.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-22 12:00:13

im getting worried that im not gonna see my post on the website for a few weeks. i thought my first submission was very good. now im worried i got banned and i wont be able to put on any of my other submissions. ik i didnt steal it because i wrote it from scrap. and i still have the fl studio file to prove it. i guess it may be because it was pretty much just a piano and string part with a little bit of percussion but i think it is worthy of being approved

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-22 12:06:13

At 6/22/10 12:00 PM, hipper44 wrote: im getting worried that im not gonna see my post on the website for a few weeks. i thought my first submission was very good. now im worried i got banned and i wont be able to put on any of my other submissions. ik i didnt steal it because i wrote it from scrap. and i still have the fl studio file to prove it. i guess it may be because it was pretty much just a piano and string part with a little bit of percussion but i think it is worthy of being approved

Of course that's fine. If you made it entirely yourself, and did not use any copyrighted sounds, then you'll get approved. Just be patient :).

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-22 12:08:42

True, it make take a few weeks because of the huge amount of new artitst on NG...but you've been approved...

To everyone: Just because you may not see your submission up does not mean you've been banned, It will take a couple of weeks for us to get to you. After about a month you should try to submit a song to see if you've been banned or PM a mod.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-22 13:35:44

I was wondering what the rules are as far as posting for a friend or artist you work for, I uploaded a song which is an original work by Repo-Rok who I am managing with his full knowledge and consent.

I am working for him so he doesn't have to post songs on sites and so he doesn't have to go through and inspect the work of anyone that wants to collab with him or give him beats etc. I read and listen to everything from people and if I see something he might like I forward it to him. Anyway I am getting off topic. Its been a few days but, I started to question whether I made it clear that although the work isn't created by me it is being uploaded on the original artist's behalf.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-22 14:09:26

At 6/22/10 01:35 PM, NinjaC7 wrote: I was wondering what the rules are as far as posting for a friend or artist you work for, I uploaded a song which is an original work by Repo-Rok who I am managing with his full knowledge and consent.

I am working for him so he doesn't have to post songs on sites and so he doesn't have to go through and inspect the work of anyone that wants to collab with him or give him beats etc. I read and listen to everything from people and if I see something he might like I forward it to him. Anyway I am getting off topic. Its been a few days but, I started to question whether I made it clear that although the work isn't created by me it is being uploaded on the original artist's behalf.

TBH, you probably shouldn't have said it wasn't made by you in your description (That's pretty much how you draw a quick ban when a mod sees "This wasn't made by me". However, if you actually have permission from them to post their work and they want to actually upload it here, you could make an account titled "Repo-rokMusic" or something like that. However, according to the rules, it still breaks them...

Why can't your friend just upload it himself? It takes 20 seconds and is far less confusing. Do you get his coffee too?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-22 14:26:34

Well I am his business manager and I also manage his online presence, He is rather busy and far less savvy in a business and technical sense so I deal with this end of things for him. I just was going to use this account because I recently started using this site again and have had the account for a while, I realized after that it might be on the line of what is acceptable for audio portal.

Honestly if it doesn't go through there are many other places I still need to upload it and create profiles for so I will likely not bother with a new account, the reward for time invested is very low. I just figured I'd be able to get him a few more fans quickly and some more connections with other rappers/producers but, I can do that just by searching and firing off emails (or PMs as the case may be).

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-22 21:38:57

Ok posted Jun. 8th, still no submission. Its completly original, made by my own 2 hands(and comp.) and Im still waiting. You all need to find a better way of sorting through new submissions. Perhaps IP tracking. I have another account I use to upload songs on until i made this one. So if I was IP tracked, I wouldnt have to wait as if im a new member.

Slow down bitch, my money is what Im clockin, Im tick-tockin, Once I start, I ain't stoppin.

~KiD CuDi~

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 01:43:56

I posted a (100% original) track on June 9th. It's not my best work but I didn't want my newer stuff buried under a month's worth of submissions.

I understand that you mods are swamped with submissions, but I'd really like to get some feedback on a tune in the works for Robot Day as soon as possible. If there's any chance of being bumped up a notch or two on the list that would be great.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 07:41:52

I"M QUOTING MYSELF HERE

At 6/22/10 12:08 PM, TMM43 wrote:
To everyone: Just because you may not see your submission up does not mean you've been banned, It will take a couple of weeks for us to get to you. After about a month you should try to submit a song to see if you've been banned or PM a mod.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 10:53:32

At 6/25/10 01:43 AM, CherokeePurple wrote:
I understand that you mods are swamped with submissions, but I'd really like to get some feedback on a tune in the works for Robot Day as soon as possible. If there's any chance of being bumped up a notch or two on the list that would be great.

Bumped up a notch or 700 you mean....

Wat

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 13:24:54

I understand their busy, but its been two weeks for me. And all i've submitted is a section of a full song me and some others are working on. Its not like I can just sit around for two weeks waiting for feedback, I have to keep working.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 13:33:50

At 2/5/08 08:09 AM, Rucklo wrote:
- These occations when it takes more than 4 days to get validated, often occur because several mods decides to do stuff in real life at the same time, and not being able to validate audio. Belive it or not, we too have those RealLife-thingies to attend to now and then.

All in all
- Please just have patience. Your time will come. If your song hasn't been validated for say well over a week (think two weeks), then it may be time to send an audio-moderator a PM and ask what's going on.

ok so its been almost a month since i originally uploaded my songs, and i pm'ed two audio mods and i havent heard back from either, i also still dont have my songs in the audio portal?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 15:47:54

Probably means they will only accept good artists from now on then. What do I belong to, good or bad? No idea, but I would like to hear how long it took for you peeps to get approved. Tis been 20 days since I last submitted my song and I hardly care if it gets on or not, because opinions are optional. I am here to receive criticism that will enable me to improve my work, but the best way to step higher is to listen, experiment, make songs and add some variety. If you're talented and interested, then you will get better no matter what.

Off topic: Any music artists that are good at maths? I've always been wondering if there is any correlation between being good at maths and musically talented. In my case, I am decent at reading rythms and sounds as I have a really easy time picking instruments up and play according to sheet music, but creating own stuff is hard. Guess it has something to do with imagination part?

I did not want to make a new thread just to ask this. Sorry.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 16:40:40

Look, there are probably 10 times as many new submissions as there are audio mods, a fact on which I'm willing to bet. 20 days is not surprising, you need to wait. These guys have around 700 other songs to go through before yours. Right now, you don't fall into a category of good or bad. Unless your song was a pile of screamo garbage that had absolutely no musical value, then you would probably be considered bad.

I'm no expert at this, but you just need to wait.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 16:56:35

At 6/25/10 04:40 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Look, there are probably 10 times as many new submissions as there are audio mods, a fact on which I'm willing to bet. 20 days is not surprising, you need to wait. These guys have around 700 other songs to go through before yours. Right now, you don't fall into a category of good or bad. Unless your song was a pile of screamo garbage that had absolutely no musical value, then you would probably be considered bad.

I'm no expert at this, but you just need to wait.

It sounds like as if you took it I was complaining. No, not at all. I do get hints that modding is tough shit on a huge community like this. What I wanted to question was how people responsible for approval deal with it. From reading what you said, I take it they listen song to song in a non-discriminating fashion, as in queuing.

But wut, screamo stuff automatically gets denied? Did you just say that from a personal or general taste? There are people out there who likes it, but nontheless, I hate it too, but just because the mods find the song not fitting their taste does not mean they should automatically delete it. Don't all of the mods specialize in one type of genre, or is newgrounds actually lacking numbers to cover all of them?

Tuff times... I understand few want to actually listen to all of the crap that is submitted to NG and besides, this sites main appeal are flash animations. May I ask why you don't use a similar system as the flash approval thing. Only thing that comes in my mind is because there are so few voters, which is a shame.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 17:09:07

At 6/25/10 04:56 PM, Droghead wrote: It sounds like as if you took it I was complaining. No, not at all. I do get hints that modding is tough shit on a huge community like this. What I wanted to question was how people responsible for approval deal with it. From reading what you said, I take it they listen song to song in a non-discriminating fashion, as in queuing.

Yep.

But wut, screamo stuff automatically gets denied? Did you just say that from a personal or general taste? There are people out there who likes it, but nontheless, I hate it too, but just because the mods find the song not fitting their taste does not mean they should automatically delete it. Don't all of the mods specialize in one type of genre, or is newgrounds actually lacking numbers to cover all of them?

Probably what Kaizerwolf meant is that if you submit some horrible ear-rape or bad spam, then your song won't get approved.

Also, there really isn't a need for a number of mods for every genre. Mods can obviously understand what's spam and what isn't; I hate screamo too, but as you said, some people like it, so the mods don't have a reason to ban it, even if they don't like it, and I'm sure they won't ban a screamo song anyway, if it's not utter spam, of course.

Also, yeah, there aren't enough Audio mods to cover every genre, but then again, as I said, we don't need them to cover every genre.

Tuff times... I understand few want to actually listen to all of the crap that is submitted to NG and besides, this sites main appeal are flash animations. May I ask why you don't use a similar system as the flash approval thing. Only thing that comes in my mind is because there are so few voters, which is a shame.

Exactly. Flash passes judgement with at least a hundred votes if not more (but correct me if I'm wrong, I don't frequent the Flash Portal much), while Audio passes the front page with around 3-5 votes, maybe 7 or so if we're lucky.

Not only that, but Audio needs an approval system, since it's much easier to steal Audio or post Audio that's against the rules than to steal Flash or Art. Some people even think that the NG Audio Portal is some sort of MP3-sharing system where they can submit songs of their favourite bands/games, even when this obviously isn't the case, which is why we need a team of mods to stop these submissions from entering the Audio Portal.

Hell, once I actually saw around 3 songs somehow posted in the NG Audio Portal which were songs directly from Super Smash Bros Brawl, and almost thought that I could post some of my own songs from SSBB too, although I saw the rule that whenever I submit I'm making a legal claim that it's my own work, so fortunately I decided against it. There would be loads more of those type of submissions if there weren't a team of mods to filter them out.

Anyway, I hope I helped, and yeah, I should stop writing essays.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-25 18:14:28

At 6/25/10 05:09 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Also, yeah, there aren't enough Audio mods to cover every genre, but then again, as I said, we don't need them to cover every genre.

True that, unless newgrounds actually put a limit on the quality of the song like the flash section. Then each mod with their own taste could precisely decide if the song qualifies or not. I've heard a lot of songs on here that you can barely listen to without hitting the stop button after a few 10 seconds or so, yet got approved.

Hell, once I actually saw around 3 songs somehow posted in the NG Audio Portal which were songs directly from Super Smash Bros Brawl, and almost thought that I could post some of my own songs from SSBB too, although I saw the rule that whenever I submit I'm making a legal claim that it's my own work, so fortunately I decided against it. There would be loads more of those type of submissions if there weren't a team of mods to filter them out.

I remember when I was 12, I stole a rock song that a friend of mine made with his band then proceeded to submit it here, claiming it to be my original jam . Oh haha, kids... yes, they do stupid things. Especially me who is too lazy to read the rules, but I took my time today to read the updated ones. I was actually a NG member a long time ago when I used to be "interested" in animating. Well, I ended up getting 3 or 4 submissions on here and got satisfied so I left.

Anyway, I hope I helped, and yeah, I should stop writing essays.

Thanks for clearing the matter up. I love reading essays as I am the quiet type who can not express thoughts clearly or even understand what I am thinking ;D Besides, they improve my engrish, so no worries. What you said pretty much matched my thoughts, you gave me an insight of my brain functioning.

Holy, it's 24:00 exactly already. Been roaming NG for way too long, time to go out.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-26 13:38:59

How about recieving a PM when you audio is approved?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-26 13:41:46

At 6/26/10 01:38 PM, AngeliteCehack wrote: How about recieving a PM when you audio is approved?

Maybe when the Audio Portal system gets improved, we'll have something like that implemented, but for now, if you have any suggestions which might make NG better, then after checking to see if it hasn't been suggested before, post it in this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-28 01:21:34

I figured I would post in this thread with the hope that it might make my submission be approved faster..

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-28 09:37:21

its been 1 month or maybe more that i have submitted something and yet nothing appears completly nothing
i alos took the aproval of the orginal guy who made it, what did i do wrong?
i hope i didnt get blocked :P

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-28 10:13:03

At 6/28/10 09:37 AM, adexab wrote: i alos took the aproval of the orginal guy who made it, what did i do wrong?

Yes you did, if I understood you correctly. Stuff you submit to NG must be strictly your work; if anyone wants to submit something to an NG, they can make their own account.

Sorry man, but you've probably been banned :(. Currently, the only way to counter it is if you make a new account, and make sure you don't break the rules next time.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-28 10:53:51

At 6/26/10 01:38 PM, AngeliteCehack wrote: How about recieving a PM when you audio is approved?

That's been brought up before. We just have to wait for some new mod tools to see what else we can do. Right now you'll just have to keep checking back.

Wat

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-06-28 12:48:12

Ouch, seems there's quite a backlog at the moment. Wish I'd seen this thread before my first submissions (was so eager though, of course!); perhaps could've worded my accompanying texts better to make it easier on the moderators to see that it's not stolen or anything.

As much as I too was interested in the Robot Day 2010 Contest, I'll wait patiently like everyone else. Keep up the good work.