00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

966,108 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 08:11:31

Merry Christmas!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!

A Nostalgia thread fit for the season.

WOO!

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 10:55:23

At 12/25/10 08:11 AM, BizarroJoe wrote: Merry Christmas!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!

Since you wanted to know Joe, I have one of your christmas cards from last year.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 11:13:29

Yule-tide blessings everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great time, no matter what you believe or celebrate (or don't).

Don't get too dr0nkn!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 12:25:07

At 12/25/10 11:13 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Don't get too dr0nkn!

ow.... but.......Why?.....

oh yeah, no whiskey.... nvm...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 14:32:12

Merry Christmas NG Art Forum.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 16:05:29

Christmas feast is the best feast.

Lasted about 2 hours

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 17:09:54

Merry Christmas :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 17:54:43

Merry Christmas etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 18:43:24

Merry Christmas. Fuck "Happy Holidays", if I want someone to have a Happy Hanukkah, then I'll mention it in the same sentence as Christmas.

So what did we all get?

I got a new laptop, Gloves and a fancy hat are gifts that are consistently useful. I got all I really wanted at the time. Funnily enough, I really didn't want much this year.

A few new notebooks too.

Why isn't there a stickam?

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 19:04:23

At 12/25/10 06:43 PM, Felis wrote: So what did we all get?

Money, food (to bring back for uni), Windows 7 (probably install later or tomorrow), a 2011 12-month House (tv show) calendar, season 1 of Community, a casual button-up shirt, a nice 3 button jacket, and some socks.

Why isn't there a stickam?

Probably too many people busy with family.... and food.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 19:44:04

ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry, pelase help, need to stop time. tiMTe alwsays is against me aLwaSY why time! leave me alone, shit ,s hti stop ahwtin time.; .life'ss too important to waste Liekt his ahrhhghgh gotoa go gotta go do stuff ans stop wating time!!! MERry cCHristmas

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 19:45:40

I got some Pringles, jeans and kinect, with kinect adventures n Dance Central!!! 8 D
dance central is pretty cool

there should be a season mood to choose

Please visit my: |TWITTER| |TUMBLR| |INSTAGRAM|

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 21:31:46

can someone explain me the categories when you submit art?
what is "fine art" for example : o

sorry for double post!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 21:45:05

At 12/25/10 09:37 PM, Glacier wrote:

Fine art is for when you use traditional media like paint, and other things. Illustration is for line art using traditional media. and digital media. 3D art is art made in 3d programs like blender, maya, 3dsMax, etc. Pixel art is when you make art resembling things for retro games, or any games before 2000.

ooooh! ok, now i get it! thanks man! didnt want to get in trouble with the categories! : D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 23:34:19

My yuletide haul was an ATX computer case and case fan, a couple of books, a Sherlock season one DVD and a package of gummy bears. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Happy Yulmashannukwanzaa to all and to all a good night.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-25 23:58:58

I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 00:02:34

At 12/25/10 11:58 PM, Abbyka wrote: I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.

Personally, I like to set line weight to pressure sensitivity.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 00:06:10

At 12/26/10 12:02 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/25/10 11:58 PM, Abbyka wrote: I got the tablet. I didn't realize it would be so hard to use! Here's a practice drawing I did. I'm terribly shakey with it. Should I adjust the settings or something? I got the Bamboo Touch.
Personally, I like to set line weight to pressure sensitivity.

How do I even adjust pressure sensitivity? I can't seem to find the option for it. Maybe I'm just trying to do too much on too little energy. I should be in bed. lol I'm going to give up on it for tonight and pick it up again in the morning. But any advice is appreciated til then. I'm so used to my pencils!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 01:28:02

At 12/26/10 12:06 AM, Abbyka wrote: How do I even adjust pressure sensitivity? I can't seem to find the option for it. Maybe I'm just trying to do too much on too little energy. I should be in bed. lol I'm going to give up on it for tonight and pick it up again in the morning. But any advice is appreciated til then. I'm so used to my pencils!

It should either be in the tablet settings or in the program settings.
I set line weight to pressure sensitivity in photoshop, and now when i use my tablet in any other program, such as flash or even MS Paint, it has the same effect.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 01:33:21

At 12/26/10 01:28 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It should either be in the tablet settings or in the program settings.
I set line weight to pressure sensitivity in photoshop, and now when i use my tablet in any other program, such as flash or even MS Paint, it has the same effect.

Meanwhile, I DON'T SEE YOU MAKING ANY ART >.>

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 01:41:38

At 12/26/10 01:33 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Meanwhile, I DON'T SEE YOU MAKING ANY ART >.>

I've been busy doing christmas shopping and food prepping.
Also, I'm going to bed.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 05:04:09

At 12/25/10 09:37 PM, Glacier wrote:
At 12/25/10 09:31 PM, Kosuk wrote: can someone explain me the categories when you submit art?

sorry for double post!
Fine art is for when you use traditional media like paint, and other things. Illustration is for line art using traditional media. and digital media. 3D art is art made in 3d programs like blender, maya, 3dsMax, etc. Pixel art is when you make art resembling things for retro games, or any games before 2000.

That's just plain bullshit. Glacier is right about the 3d part, but not on the others. The difterence between fine art and illustration can be hard to see but it is nothing to do with the media you use. Fine art is art in the traditional sense; L'art pour L'art. Illustration is art that is meant to illustrate (tell) a story. E.g conceptart or entries to c.o.w. would normally be considered illustration.
Pixel art is pretty str%u0105ight forward, although there are some different opinions about the specifics of it.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 06:27:02

At 12/26/10 01:33 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
Meanwhile, I DON'T SEE YOU MAKING ANY ART >.>

It's because he sucks.

<3 Jonny.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 06:40:13

At 12/26/10 05:04 AM, J-qb wrote: That's just plain bullshit. Glacier is right about the 3d part, but not on the others. The difterence between fine art and illustration can be hard to see but it is nothing to do with the media you use. Fine art is art in the traditional sense; L'art pour L'art. Illustration is art that is meant to illustrate (tell) a story. E.g conceptart or entries to c.o.w. would normally be considered illustration.
Pixel art is pretty str%u0105ight forward, although there are some different opinions about the specifics of it.

Yeah I'd go with J-qb's explanation on this, but I wouldn't fret too much about it. It's a difficult line to draw between fine art and illustration, and the categories are far too few to be useful. Use the search bar, or even Google.

I haven't modded the categorisation sections in a long, long while because it's incredibly difficult to manage, especially with people's different idea on what's classed as fine art and illustrations. People also get 3D and pixel art wrong, but they're stupid.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 07:44:00

Fine Art vs Illustration

Yeah, J-qb pretty much has it but I would also like to put out there that imo; the fine art category can be used as a 'cover all' for what doesn't neatly fit into the other categories. Illustration IS, of course, fine art too.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 10:34:03

At 12/25/10 09:31 PM, Kosuk wrote: can someone explain me the categories when you submit art?

sorry for double post!

i just submit everything under illustration, because for me illustration defines all drawings, fine art is stuff like ornery i would use to describe it, NG really needs more categories for art submissions

At 12/25/10 07:44 PM, CloudEater wrote: ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry, pelase help, need to stop time. tiMTe alwsays is against me aLwaSY why time! leave me alone, shit ,s hti stop ahwtin time.; .life'ss too important to waste Liekt his ahrhhghgh gotoa go gotta go do stuff ans stop wating time!!! MERry cCHristmas

son, i am dissapoint, i did so much for you and your late

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 12:42:04

At 12/25/10 07:44 PM, CloudEater wrote: ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry [...]
At 12/26/10 10:34 AM, Ashman wrote:

And you're not the only one.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 13:17:32

Fine art vs illustration = lol

For some reason this reminds me of the 90s.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 13:22:56

The touch or the pen, cause the touch doesn't come with a pen and if you're trying o do art with a touch, yeah, it's gonna be very difficult. kinda like finger painting.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 13:47:00

At 12/26/10 10:34 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 12/25/10 07:44 PM, CloudEater wrote: ohshit COlalb endd to finsih qwik qwik hurry, pelase help, need to stop time. tiMTe alwsays is against me aLwaSY why time! leave me alone, shit ,s hti stop ahwtin time.;

Wait, so cloudy made a collab, and he didn't even ask me to contribute anything?

That bastard!