00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gerardgonepostal just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help for a few things.

593 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help for a few things. 2008-01-12 01:25:32

Hey all, I know I've been posting quite alot - But I want to understand every tool before I can start trying to create proper flashes.

These are my questions: (Newby I know - don't hate :P)
- How do layers work? I have watched most of the tuturials on NG but I don't exactly understand how they help? I really don't know how to use them, what they do, how they help, what the difference is... (Tuturial was about backgrounds)
- Scripts - I honestly have no idea how these work; when someone posts like some sort of code "c/45 flash shoot v48" <---- (made up) I don't know where to copy it onto (e.g. making a custom Newgrounds pre-loader'
- Filling in colours, sometimes when I lets say draw a face, then draw the hair ontop - what ever colour I fill the face with it fills the hair in so I have to do it using brush to colour the hair...same with eyes, mouth, etc....How do I make it so what ever I click on - that section becomes the chosen colour?
I have more questions but that's all I can really think of lol =p

Thanks for reading (if you did ;p)
I know most of you won't reply since it's quite long, but any help and advise would be highly appreciated.
-Lyam

Response to Help for a few things. 2008-01-12 01:33:22

Flash questions go in the Flash forum

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Help for a few things. 2008-01-12 01:39:05

At 1/12/08 01:25 AM, Lyam wrote: Hey all, I know I've been posting quite alot - But I want to understand every tool before I can start trying to create proper flashes.

These are my questions: (Newby I know - don't hate :P)
- How do layers work? I have watched most of the tuturials on NG but I don't exactly understand how they help? I really don't know how to use them, what they do, how they help, what the difference is... (Tuturial was about backgrounds)
- Scripts - I honestly have no idea how these work; when someone posts like some sort of code "c/45 flash shoot v48" <---- (made up) I don't know where to copy it onto (e.g. making a custom Newgrounds pre-loader'
- Filling in colours, sometimes when I lets say draw a face, then draw the hair ontop - what ever colour I fill the face with it fills the hair in so I have to do it using brush to colour the hair...same with eyes, mouth, etc....How do I make it so what ever I click on - that section becomes the chosen colour?
I have more questions but that's all I can really think of lol =p

Thanks for reading (if you did ;p)
I know most of you won't reply since it's quite long, but any help and advise would be highly appreciated.
-Lyam

You might received bountiful response from the Flash forum but I can offer a few help.

Layers are set for various objects/props/background. Each layer helps organize what you would like to animate. I'm not certain on the scripts. For colours, it helps to open up the color swatch panel. Also I think x was to switch the brush and pencil colors, can't recall.

Well in any case, I recommend checking out the The Super Flash Bros - Tutorials . It offers a good explaination on many aspects of flash.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Help for a few things. 2008-01-12 02:21:51

Thanks both of you, I shall check both links you gave me :D