00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Weezyfresh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ?

651 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 15:46:33

I'm trying to convert an image to the GIF format so I can upload some avatars, considering the new reviews format...

So can anyone help?

Check out my techno songs !

Sig made by RockinPunk

BBS Signature

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 15:49:16

Open the image up in any image editing program.
Save it as a GIF.

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 15:51:04

Load up the picture in any picture editing program, click 'Save as', and add .gif to the end of the file name.

Most softwares, eg. photoshop, will have a selection of files to save your picture as. In this case, you just need to find the '.gif' option. It might be labelled 'Compuserve gif'.

BBS Signature

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 15:59:52

Wow thanks guys! But I got another problem. It says that gifs with transperent background or not allowed. How do you know if the background of your image is correct ?

Sig made by RockinPunk

BBS Signature

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 16:01:12

At 1/11/08 03:46 PM, Cooldsunshine wrote: I'm trying to convert an image to the GIF format so I can upload some avatars, considering the new reviews format...

So can anyone help?

screenshot would be a alternative but it takes long as hell

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 16:10:26

At 1/11/08 03:59 PM, Cooldsunshine wrote: Wow thanks guys! But I got another problem. It says that gifs with transperent background or not allowed. How do you know if the background of your image is correct ?

Usually when saving a .gif file, a window will appear with save options. Make sure the box that is labelled 'Transparency' is unchecked, like in the screenshot below. Then you're good to go.

How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ?

BBS Signature

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 16:29:22

At 1/11/08 04:10 PM, NEVR wrote: Usually when saving a .gif file, a window will appear with save options. Make sure the box that is labelled 'Transparency' is unchecked, like in the screenshot below. Then you're good to go.

Well that doesn't appear :(. I have Windows XP, what should I do in that case ? And that window you posted is supposed to appear when you right click the image?

Sig made by RockinPunk

BBS Signature

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 16:35:59

At 1/11/08 04:29 PM, Cooldsunshine wrote: Well that doesn't appear :(. I have Windows XP, what should I do in that case ? And that window you posted is supposed to appear when you right click the image?

I use Mac OS X, and that window I posted was from photoshop. It was just to give you a general idea of what to look for.

Try opening the file in MS Paint, and clicking 'Save as' from there. There should be a scroll-down menu of file types to save it as. Choose GIF (obviously), and you should get a similar window to the one I posted.

BBS Signature

Response to How To Convert Jpeg To Gif ? 2008-01-11 16:44:39

YES! It worked man! Thanks a ton!

Sig made by RockinPunk

BBS Signature