00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BigDaddyDom81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Private Messaging 2007-12-25 07:57:12

Often times I'll send a PM to somebody, and It'll be a fire-and-forget situation...When I get the response, they had deleted my portion, and I completely forgot what I had said, as their response is quite blunt...

This is why I favor Hotmail's Reply system, in how you cannot delete the message being replied to, or Myspace's system where it allows you to review all of the messages you have sent in a seperate window.

Why doesn't myspace allow you to review your previous sent messages, not only to review what has been sent, but as a general log of discussion for the user...say there was information in the PM that they needed to go over a second time, but cannot because once the message is sent, it's sent, and the only way to read it again is if you are the user who receives it.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Private Messaging 2007-12-25 07:58:12

Ugh...not myspace, Newgrounds...sorry, it's 7 AM over here, no sleep.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Private Messaging 2007-12-25 07:59:28

Brilliant idea, I definitely support this. Although if people would just avoid deleting the quotes when they reply.

Response to Private Messaging 2007-12-25 08:00:46

At 12/25/07 07:59 AM, Darkside7000 wrote: Brilliant idea, I definitely support this. Although if people would just avoid deleting the quotes when they reply.

But we know this is unlikely, and you can't really depend on it.

We should just adopt the "Inbox/Outbox" idea from Myspace and similar messaging groups.

BBS Signature

Response to Private Messaging 2007-12-25 08:48:57

Who could I send this to that would most likely be able to do something about it? I know Tom's busy with Castle Crashers, and as for Wade? I'm not sure...who could I suggest this to who could make the addition to the system?

BBS Signature

Response to Private Messaging 2007-12-25 08:58:01

At 12/25/07 08:48 AM, Phobotech wrote: Who could I send this to that would most likely be able to do something about it? I know Tom's busy with Castle Crashers, and as for Wade? I'm not sure...who could I suggest this to who could make the addition to the system?

Technically, any suggestions should be pmed to Tom or Wade, but if you want to test your luck, you could try sending pms to some of the programmers of the site like Liljim, or Bob

I'm just going to say that this idea has been thought of already by others and chances are one of those people did send a pm to an admin about it. Perhaps whoever they sent it to didn't think it was important enough to actually put on the site though since we still don't have such an option, but maybe I'm wrong. Use your own judgment on who to contact.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature