00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio portal 2007-12-07 11:36:02

I've noticed that voting on stuff in the audio portal doesn't give you experience points - is there a reason for this? Just wondering.

"just because idiots are great in number does not mean they're not idiots" - alicetheDroog

The Atheist Army|English Gentleman's Club

Sig censored by: SevenSeize

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 11:41:51

At 12/7/07 11:36 AM, neon-dude wrote: I've noticed that voting on stuff in the audio portal doesn't give you experience points - is there a reason for this? Just wondering.

Yes. It's because this is a flash-site, not a audio-site
;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 11:49:04

At 12/7/07 11:41 AM, Haggard wrote:
Yes. It's because this is a flash-site, not a audio-site
;)

If it's a flash only site, then there wouldn't be an audio portal. I just think that audio is just as important, if it wasn't there a lot of flash would be crappier

"just because idiots are great in number does not mean they're not idiots" - alicetheDroog

The Atheist Army|English Gentleman's Club

Sig censored by: SevenSeize

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 11:51:42

At 12/7/07 11:49 AM, neon-dude wrote: If it's a flash only site, then there wouldn't be an audio portal. I just think that audio is just as important, if it wasn't there a lot of flash would be crappier

It's not JUST a flash site, but it's PRIMARILY a flash site. You've never been able to get experience from the Audio Portal, I guess because Tom & co. want the flash section to get the most exposure.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 13:08:15

yo dudes... yer wt he said

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 13:23:14

Because the voting system is screwed..?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 13:26:22

At 12/7/07 01:23 PM, BIGmamaKATIE wrote: Because the voting system is screwed..?

How is the voting system screwed?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 13:29:02

At 12/7/07 01:26 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/7/07 01:23 PM, BIGmamaKATIE wrote: Maybe because the voting system is screwed..?
How is the voting system screwed?

Maybe we were supose to get experience points from the audio portal but the voting system is playing up.. i dunno, that's my guess..?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 13:31:32

At 12/7/07 01:29 PM, BIGmamaKATIE wrote: Maybe we were supose to get experience points from the audio portal but the voting system is playing up.. i dunno, that's my guess..?

No, it's always been that way. Before the redesign it was that way, and people thought it would change, but it didn't. The audio portal has come a long way from what it used to be, but I don't think you'll ever get experience from voting on stuff there.

As I said, NG is primarily about flash, so that's where the EXP will be.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 13:52:02

At 12/7/07 01:31 PM, NEVR wrote: No, it's always been that way. Before the redesign it was that way, and people thought it would change, but it didn't. The audio portal has come a long way from what it used to be, but I don't think you'll ever get experience from voting on stuff there.

Oh.. right.. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio portal 2007-12-07 16:46:59

At 12/7/07 01:31 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/7/07 01:29 PM, BIGmamaKATIE wrote: Maybe we were supose to get experience points from the audio portal but the voting system is playing up.. i dunno, that's my guess..?
No, it's always been that way. Before the redesign it was that way, and people thought it would change, but it didn't. The audio portal has come a long way from what it used to be, but I don't think you'll ever get experience from voting on stuff there.

It's simple, tards. Downvoting. Alot more people vote on flash stuff, and in the Audio portal it is much easier to "steal" things. People would war off each other on downvoting. Simple.

Like I said, Downvoting. I've seen that posted SOO MANY TIMES by admins and others alike. It's sad really.