00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Portal View Page!

30,877 Views | 267 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:12:15

lol, at least you didn;t sound like an idiot thinking it was a variable (grar.. stupid assumptions).
you need 256k broadband XD

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:14:55

I DON'T LEIK THIS NEW DESIGN ONE BIT! I AM GOING TO KILLE MYSELF AND EAT TACOES NOW. THANKS.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:15:13

Well Tom, it looks great, good job Will, but... ever since you changed the looks, ive been having trouble. It takes a long time to load, and usually the page needs to be refreshed. Im not a 56k-er so it shouldn't feel like it. Still, overall looks great. Now, about that stop-motion page for all of our work? That would rock! :-)

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:23:12

i love it its so cool

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:24:58

i like the new style. it feels that its runs a lot faster now. an it a clean smooth organize desgin

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:29:17

Like always, I miss the old layout for this site, and among all the art that's available I don't agree with the harsh loading of each page, despite the fact of the fast computer I have. But the present layout is lovely, ok?

P.S: PLEASE, WHOEVER'S READING THIS, VIEW MY PROFILE!

HTML I may use: bold italic underline

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:34:00

Actually i think the new view pages look
OK but not very cool.. u coud make them look more lik the front page.. because the front page is awesome, u should also change the fonts and make the writing a bit smaller in some things, bnut otherwise, nice ..

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:50:54

Hey Tom.... what would be REALLY NICE is.... if you actually replied to some of the comments people make in these NEWS posts of yours. I mean, I know you're a busy man (with AH and running the site), but it can't take more than 15 minutes to read through the replies and type a message in response. The NG crowd would REALYY appreciate getting some feedback on their feedback, or some acknowledgement of their existence/input. So come on old chap spare a few moments to give us a bone (NO NOT BONER YOU PERVERTS) you know you want to muahahahahahahahahaha

Excuse me I drank some cider.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:56:24

I think it kicks ass. Only one problem. just latley a "Final Destination 2" pop up has been appearing on the portal. when I make it go away, it won;t let me clikc on anything on the portal page! Its VERY annoying. I cant watch anything on the portal front page any more because of this dumb pop up that makes my mouse not able to click on any cartoon, even when i close it.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 14:59:22

Good work.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:05:04

Well, it took me by surprise (Note to self: Read the Updates first) and it is cooler than the portal page view layout from before but, its not as clear for font. Up til now the new layout has been great although this part will take some getting use to, its not like your going to go back to the old layout just because a handful of people like the old one more. I think with a better use of font it would make it perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:06:57

is that it? the end...or s#will the rest of the site be made tolook the same eventually?

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:10:48

At 8/2/03 01:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just updated the Portal view page with a new look by Stamper! It matches the current NG frontpage and Portal frontpage designs, also by Stamper.

The New Look is Awesome And Its A Major Improvement! Thats all i gotta say! :)

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:23:56

U can't add an author\submission too ur favorite's list anymore. And since were(New Grounds) is redoing the looks shouldn't it say Grounds Gold instead of sign in when were already signed in?

New Portal View Page!

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:28:50

There's no "popular features" bar, and that "read more" thing is really annoying. If you're trying to keep things simple you're going about the wrong way.

New Portal View Page!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:29:37

it looks kool

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:32:46

Great, but I prefer the old big E, M, and A ratings, so I could guess how violent etc. from one look. Otherwise great!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:35:16

Plus that animation that pops up above the ratings seems really unnecessary and annoying as well.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:37:06

I like it a lot. Especially the new voting dialogues.

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:53:05

"Is anything missing? Do you feel like this new look is cleaner and easier to understand? Let us know your thoughts!"

Yeah it looks good, but it looks kind off empty, add some more stuff, it looks.....like....a hospital inside

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:56:09

Thats a bad-ass new look Tom! Hope you can get the other pages up as well!

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 15:56:53

At 8/2/03 03:23 PM, BenitoXIII wrote: U can't add an author\submission too ur favorite's list anymore.

Ignore that part of my post

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:01:20

the new layout is very appealing and the consistency between the front page and viewing page is great, but the viewing page lacks definition. the review box should be more clear and i don't like the changes made to the voting panel. you're on the right track! thanks for keeping us entertained!

New Portal View Page!

-b.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:08:01

At 8/2/03 01:21 PM, TomFulp wrote: We just updated the Portal view page with a new look by Stamper! ... What do you think of the new look? Is everything working properly? Is anything missing? Do you feel like this new look is cleaner and easier to understand? Let us know your thoughts!

So Far this looks really good. It looks wierd with gray space here and there but this format definitly is an improvment. I havn't seen anything missing yet. Note I stress yet...
Anyways, yes. this is a much snapier look.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:17:48

Looks nice, but I don't like the new vote box. it looks fine, but that is untill you run your mouse over it. When you do so, you're subjected to an epileptic's nightmare. If the vote strip acted exactly the same as before, I'd be completely fine with it, but as it is, it just looks bad. Too much going on at one time.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:20:14

Looks cool, I like it, looks more professional.

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:26:00

It looks tight, the disclaimer look helps, Very good

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:27:04

mmmmm i dunno...

i kinda still like the portal view page before

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:29:08

Hey hey! The new look is fantastic. Very different and very kewl. However, and I never noticed before, on a 800x600 res, the pages scroll horizontally a bit So if you could fix that it'd be great.'

I too am not fond of the readmore part since I usually have a popup blocker on and only trained my self to unblock when i click on the flashes. And it also would be great for users who are signed in to have that sign in pic changed. ^_^

Otherwise, everything else works perfectly. I believe the comments on the vote panel are supposed to flicker a bit. And for me, the pages load quicker than the have before. And I love the leetness of "shit" since now computer lingo is on both sides of the vote spectrum.

-Diana Moon

Response to New Portal View Page! 2003-08-02 16:35:55

Otherwise this new look is great, but you could modify something though:On the voting panel, the speech bubbles flicker before they actually appear or disappear. (Slide your mouse cursor quickly over all the 6 of them to see what I'm talking about.)I personally liked the old ones better because they would appear instantly.