00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Coaly's art thread

5,601 Views | 70 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-10-01 01:20:43

Still doing skeletal stuffs, decided to use a color I don't use that much, yellow, not sure how it turned out.

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-10-23 17:46:35

Pencil, scanned and modified a little (contrast and brightness). It has been awhile since I've drawn on paper with pencil.

Let me know what you think. I'm considering going over it with pen, and erasing the pencil, but I don't know.

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-10-23 17:52:39

i like the one titled relax. could use a different background color though but i like it none the less.

Evil spelled backwards is Live and we all want to do that now don't we.

Deny the big lie, don't beLIEve and don't conform.

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-10-23 18:31:32

I just got photoshop, so I outlined the image with pen and rescanned, and now I am going to attempt to color it in photoshop. This is it in pen. Will post progress.

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-10-23 18:49:39

At 10/23/07 06:31 PM, Coaly wrote: I just got photoshop, so I outlined the image with pen and rescanned, and now I am going to attempt to color it in photoshop. This is it in pen. Will post progress.

Looks really awesome, having six arms would be useful on the old 'puter, you could always have two hands on the keyboard and one on the mouse and one on the tablet and that leaves two free to attend to other things. I have a slight problem with the way his ribcage and abs look, there is too much definition, like the skin is being folded in between the muscles, which looks funny.

But it is really good and the anatomy looks great to me. That's a dude you don't want to mess with.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-10-23 19:27:04

At 10/23/07 06:49 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I have a slight problem with the way his ribcage and abs look, there is too much definition, like the skin is being folded in between the muscles, which looks funny.

Yea I don't know, I guess it does, but I think he's just super...cut, I think that people can get their six packs to look like that...but I don't know, and the ribcage is unnatural, but It's already over two feet high, so I decided I had some creative leeway.

But it is really good and the anatomy looks great to me. That's a dude you don't want to mess with.

Indeed not, he does have a gun.

Progress, some color, I'm a ps noob, so any suggestions, or master hints would be appreciated.

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-10-23 21:03:32

Well, I've finally finished it. Hope you like it, it's nothing awesome, or new with photoshop but it's my first drawing colored in ps.

I call it, "Six Arm Man With Gun"

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-11-20 09:17:10

Coaly, seriously these are some of the coolest and stylish stuff I've seen from an ng artist. Love those experimental colouring pics with the surreal heads and expressions. Excellent work man, I love everything about them.
I shall definitely keep checking this thread more new stuff ;)

Keep it up!

-----------------------------| Website | 101 Signs Collab | NG Audio Portal Flash |----------------------------

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2007-11-20 17:35:01

Gesture drawings really are far more effective in stuff like the whole figure where you need to effectively and accurately capture a pose or a movement without getting hung up on the details in the body. It serves as an aide to easier identify and accurately depict things that you're drawing from observation.

A face (like the one you posted first in this thread) has details that ought to be carefully rendered - but the positioning should be done carefully after you've done the structure.

So I'm saying - when you're doing a head exclusively, concentrate on the angles, and mark the eye/lip/mouth/brow lines.. and remember when you are doing the guiding circle for the ear on the side of the head, make sure it is placed on the lower right section of the circle (it has 4).

If you're serious about getting your figure down REALLY effectively, take a few life drawing classes. They pay off if you are serious about it.

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-01-25 01:57:46

New drawing for my run down art thread. Tell me what you think.

swf

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-01-25 13:44:16

At 1/25/08 01:57 AM, Coaly wrote: New drawing for my run down art thread. Tell me what you think.

swf

Ornate Toilet?

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-15 15:49:58

Gladly give my right hand

swf

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-16 12:54:12

A Yakuza gang member leaping through the air.

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-18 03:47:48

Your chest anatomy is horrible. And don't be a dick to people commenting. Just because it's your art thread doens't give you the right to be an asshole.

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-18 05:34:28

At 10/23/07 09:03 PM, Coaly wrote: Well, I've finally finished it. Hope you like it, it's nothing awesome, or new with photoshop but it's my first drawing colored in ps.

I call it, "Six Arm Man With Gun"

He reminds me of Goro from Mortal Kombat. Nice work you got there.

At 2/18/08 03:47 AM, ripoffhitman wrote: Your chest anatomy is horrible.

Then let's see you do better.

And don't be a dick to people commenting. Just because it's your art thread doens't give you the right to be an asshole.

This isn't going to turn out well. I just know it.

|

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-18 05:38:21

Really digging your work, i like the sketchyness of the art. Very basic but is a style i like alot... will be stalking you... i mean watching your art thread

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-18 10:13:36

At 2/18/08 03:47 AM, ripoffhitman wrote: Your chest anatomy is horrible. And don't be a dick to people commenting. Just because it's your art thread doens't give you the right to be an asshole.

LOL @ you

I was a dick to one person, maybe even unjustly so, but he completely missed my point, which led me to believe he didn't even read my first post all the way through, which, while it's long, I think that might be an important thing to do when you enter a thread. And so you're right, just because it is my art thread, I don't have the right to be an asshole, it's because dookie wrote a two line response that had nothing to do with my first post that he was commenting, that I was an asshole.

And anyway, I wouldn't call my chest anatomy "horrible" because that's not really constructive, which I can tell is obviously your ultimate goal in posting here, to be constructive. I'd say it needs work though, in that six armed man pic it doesn't look right and in my staff pic it's a little strange as well, but oh well, looks like I'll have to work on it. But I suspect you just threw that comment at the front for insulting purposes...anyway, feel free to come back and post again anytime.

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-20 23:54:43

More drawing? ok...

It's a guy in an action pose wearing a suit. I also did one colored with gradients...I might post it later or something.

swf

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-21 13:56:27

Wonderful stuff. I seriously like most of them.

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-21 18:42:30

I love everything in this thread. I love you.

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-02-22 03:42:36

At 2/16/08 12:54 PM, Coaly wrote: A Yakuza gang member leaping through the air.

Haha, it looks like he's just sitting on the ground. :D
Regardless, great drawing, and so are all your other ones I've seen so far! Keep at it!

The latest: Hexa #98 (Jun)

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-03-24 18:34:06

At 2/21/08 12:36 AM, k0mat0se wrote: Your anatomy skills are progressing wonderfully.

Thanks I've been working on it ;]

At 2/21/08 01:56 PM, Hawkaron wrote: Wonderful stuff. I seriously like most of them.
At 2/21/08 06:42 PM, MRat wrote: I love everything in this thread. I love you.

Thanks, nice comments ftw

At 2/22/08 03:42 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Haha, it looks like he's just sitting on the ground. :D
Regardless, great drawing, and so are all your other ones I've seen so far! Keep at it!

Yea you're right, I saw that too...I wasn't sure how to convey he was leaping through the air...put a tree behind him or something I dunno...

Anywho, new arts, momentary deviation from angst coaly. Maybe practice in character design? But more like just a silly drawing...

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-03-24 21:13:37

You have skills, but first picture wasn`t really grea, but other was good. :)

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-03-24 21:51:05

I was practicing faces by exaggerating different features, and this one made me laugh a little so I finished it.

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-03-24 22:40:49

At 3/24/08 09:51 PM, Coaly wrote: I was practicing faces by exaggerating different features, and this one made me laugh a little so I finished it.

If you're gonna try playing with the features you should try watching some of the videos made by

Sycra.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-03-24 22:54:44

At 3/24/08 10:40 PM, Winned wrote: If you're gonna try playing with the features you should try watching some of the videos made by
Sycra.

Really nice link, thanks a lot, this guy is great.

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-03-25 11:44:15

At 3/24/08 10:54 PM, Coaly wrote:
At 3/24/08 10:40 PM, Winned wrote: If you're gonna try playing with the features you should try watching some of the videos made by
Sycra.
Really nice link, thanks a lot, this guy is great.

No problem, I have a few more links to some good people like..

Lon Harverly, Solomondn (mynamewontfitin on NG), Philinthecircle, Nico Di mattia.

Enjoy.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-03-25 15:43:04

At 3/24/08 06:34 PM, Coaly wrote: Anywho, new arts, momentary deviation from angst coaly. Maybe practice in character design? But more like just a silly drawing...

That's what I'm about. I love these styles so much. MORE COALY MORE!

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-04-11 23:21:45

Sketch of a face.

It's max size, bad idea I know.

Coaly's art thread

BBS Signature

Response to Coaly's art thread 2008-04-11 23:27:35

At 4/11/08 11:21 PM, Coaly wrote: Sketch of a face.

It's max size, bad idea I know.

unless its on purpose his left eye is totally off