00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

thermal goggles 2003-07-03 01:57:00

ok so this has nothing to do with NG. but you know in Metal Gear Solid for playstation you get those thermal goggles? Not the night vision goggles that make everything green. But the ones that turn everyone red and u can see lazers? those are cool.
I wanna buy a pair. I'm sure they are expensive, but I may be able to buy the cheapest model. I do have a chunk of money saved up. I mean I could clean out the few grand I have in the bank, but I shouldn't waste it all on such a thing.
Problem is I can't find them. I tried looking for days online. I have tried like every search engine, but that doesn't always work. I remember watching Jay Leno and he said he bought them from a catalog. but he didn't say which one.
So if anyone can tell me a website where I order some or if they know any possible way, please tell me!!!!!

Response to thermal goggles 2003-07-03 02:46:54

At 7/3/03 01:57 AM, redskull55 wrote: ok so this has nothing to do with NG. but you know in Metal Gear Solid for playstation you get those thermal goggles? Not the night vision goggles that make everything green. But the ones that turn everyone red and u can see lazers? those are cool.

The first thing you need to recognize is that this is poetic license. IR scanners that show a color scheme like that are impractical for anything put lab use. A warm breeze, even from an air vent, between you and your target will fuck up your vision more than a sandstorm. Anything sensitive enough to pick up the heating of the air by the lasers is going to make you blind, as the heat differential simply by you walking around is going to leave cyclones of heat in your wake. The old standby is the best (and cheapest) ... a water bottle with a mist sprayer. The diffraction through the water will make it readily visible.

For practical use there is a tendency to go with B&W as the heat sources will "glow" white. Try here as a start. That should give you an idea what's available and a ballpark on what you'll be required to spend.