00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Joe's Art Thread

3,034 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-03-28 06:16:19

At 3/27/08 08:32 PM, Acerbic wrote:
At 3/27/08 06:58 PM, SpencerMann wrote:
At 8/13/07 12:28 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: Not bad. Not bad at all. The only thing I can see that needs touching up would be the left thumb. Other than that, kudos.
You're a fag, dude.
Ha, agreed ;)

I hope we're both in on this joke cus if not then...hey!

BBS Signature

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-03-31 08:17:27

I had to do development work of drawings at collage so heres same picture above but, painted in acrylic
both pictures A3 size still more to come.

Joe's Art Thread

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-04-01 00:36:54

At 8/15/07 11:27 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: God, writing about your art must be awful, at least it is for me. I got turned down from going to art school because I couldn't verbally express what it all my pictures mean, the guy said my work was good but I needed to be able to talk about it better. I have shit social skills anyway. When explaining your art is more important that the art itself and peoples emotional reaction to the art, something is seriously wrong.

ha! That right there is probably the main reason I left art school. too much bullshit about what my artwork is supposed to mean. "Sorry to dissapoint you, professor, but not every piece of art I make is a politacla statement... sometimes I just want to create something that looks cool" (story of my life) lol

I will eventually get around to putting something here. for the meantime here is a link to my portfolio

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-04-01 07:26:07

At 4/1/08 12:36 AM, Flap-doodlez wrote:
At 8/15/07 11:27 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: God, writing about your art must be awful, at least it is for me. I got turned down from going to art school because I couldn't verbally express what it all my pictures mean, the guy said my work was good but I needed to be able to talk about it better. I have shit social skills anyway. When explaining your art is more important that the art itself and peoples emotional reaction to the art, something is seriously wrong.
ha! That right there is probably the main reason I left art school. too much bullshit about what my artwork is supposed to mean. "Sorry to dissapoint you, professor, but not every piece of art I make is a politacla statement... sometimes I just want to create something that looks cool" (story of my life) lol

When i paint or draw i want it look cool but i dont have to right how i feel about it. All you write is what artist you looked at what media you used and thats really it you dont have to say '' Ow I love this picture it turns me on'' lol nothing stupied like that.

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-04-03 15:54:31

A trip to the dentist smile =D

Joe's Art Thread

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-04-03 17:48:49

I have found your problem sir...

also you can post and talk to me in this thread i getting the felling no one likes me...

Joe's Art Thread

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-04-04 05:01:34

At 4/3/08 05:48 PM, joe-spink wrote: I have found your problem sir...

also you can post and talk to me in this thread i getting the felling no one likes me...

hmm, i like your earlier face, say, the first 4 pictures. your realistic work is pretty good aswell.

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-04-07 02:27:48

When i paint or draw i want it look cool but i dont have to right how i feel about it. All you write is what artist you looked at what media you used and thats really it you dont have to say '' Ow I love this picture it turns me on'' lol nothing stupied like that.

I had a couple art professors who had hard ons for symbolism and shit like that. We were forced to explain the "hidden meanings" behind all of our art. I got pretty good at bullshitting my way through it but it got old fast and I stopped going to class like an idiot. Thinking of going back to school though.

Ha I remeber one time we had a project where we had to make a cast of our hands, connect it to a cast of an inanimate object, and then stain it using household products. When it came time to make a mold of our inanimate object I still hadn't figured out what I was going to do so I made one of a plastic cup that happened to be sitting on the table and then stained it with some random Kool-Aide packets I had lying around. Then we had to explain our art so I just came up with this bullshit speach about the gaterade slogan "is it in you?" and that my art was supposed to represent it. ended up getting an A or -A.

(sorry to go off on some random ass tangent like that)

I will eventually get around to putting something here. for the meantime here is a link to my portfolio

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-09-29 16:24:04

so not had much time to post lol finished six forum and on to collage foundation course. To hopefully get better at animation =P we will see... ow yeh the girl at the top finished my final painting of her got the A yey ill have to show u people the final image some time. Here is some guy very quick sketch with my new bamboo tablet enjoy.

I will post more work if i have time.

Joe's Art Thread

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-09-29 16:28:53

this is some great art work my man

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-09-29 16:39:53

At 9/29/08 04:28 PM, LilCokeKid wrote: this is some great art work my man

Ty I just need to brush up on it.

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2008-11-11 10:26:02

Just a painting that i did from a book throught it was hot. =P

Yeh and my god dam photoshop and flash isnt working so... This is jpg from paint so its poor quality,
collage work this is by the way.

Joe's Art Thread

Response to Joe's Art Thread 2009-04-19 11:49:49

more college work self portrait and good news!!! been accepted at University of Lincon for animation yey!!

Joe's Art Thread