00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAILMAN48 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

B/P ranks 51+

1,133,022 Views | 16,257 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-09-29 07:59:37

At 9/27/04 11:26 PM, D0GMA wrote: There will be no update this weekend. I just found out my grandmother passed away an hour ago. I was her favorite grandchild and she was my favorite relative, so um, yeah, no update.

My condolences to you D0GMA. Keep your chin up...

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-09-30 00:55:10

As soon as I read it on your site, I posted it in the LUL.

Very sorry that happened. It makes it even harder when it is someone very close to you. I send my wishes to you and your family.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-01 21:46:55

At 9/27/04 11:26 PM, D0GMA wrote: There will be no update this weekend. I just found out my grandmother passed away an hour ago. I was her favorite grandchild and she was my favorite relative, so um, yeah, no update.

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Don't worry about the list, this is more important. Just go do what you have to do, I send my condolences as well.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-02 19:35:38

Thanks for the well wishes folks.

I'm back home in one piece despite: having to wander around (on foot) in Brooklyn (or was it Queens) trying to find a bite to eat the last couple of nights; having to pick my uncle up in Lower Midtown, while dodging the festival he accidentally happened to neglect to mention was occuring right in front of his window on 8th; trying to go west across Manhattan and get on the FDR with the NYC Marathon going up and down Park Ave between me and where I wanted to be; the funeral director parked at the main entrance to the cemetary waiting for the workers, while the workers had come in the back entrance and were at the grave site waiting for the funeral director ...

Nana always enjoyed, and was good for, humorous, exasperating stories ... she'd have loved this.

I know I said no update this weekend, but I'm back tonight, so some people might think there's a chance for it tomorrow. Odds on, I won't be doing an update in the morning. I might opt for ~Tuesday and the weekend after next, or simply wait until this weekend ... either way will get us back to weekly. ~shrug~ we'll see how I'm doing as the week progresses.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-02 19:59:13

At 9/29/04 07:59 AM, Denvish wrote:
My condolences to you D0GMA. Keep your chin up...

A hearty welcome back to you Bob =) I was rather surprised to see your name on the browsing list ... but it's probably just your bot lol

I sent you a couple of e-mails a while ago ... like May and July, but didn't hear anything back. Did you get them?

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-02 23:56:26

At 10/2/04 07:35 PM, D0GMA wrote: I know I said no update this weekend, but I'm back tonight, so some people might think there's a chance for it tomorrow. Odds on, I won't be doing an update in the morning. I might opt for ~Tuesday and the weekend after next, or simply wait until this weekend ... either way will get us back to weekly. ~shrug~ we'll see how I'm doing as the week progresses.

What ever works for you. The delay always me to get a few more points. Even though I didn't vote too much today.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-03 01:29:04

At 10/2/04 07:59 PM, D0GMA wrote: I sent you a couple of e-mails a while ago ... like May and July, but didn't hear anything back. Did you get them?

Yes I did, well at least one of them (the lengthy one). I have it saved on my HD somwhere. Thanks for the info, and sorry for not replying, Haven't got into the business yet though, for starters it's scarily complex, and for seconds I just don't really have the capital to start with. Certainly a possibility for the future though.
The bot? Heh, it doesn't actually browse or vote for me (unfortunately). And it's fittingly ironic that having built it specifically for IE, I now use Firefox for the majority of browsing... 8)

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-05 22:41:45

At 10/2/04 07:35 PM, D0GMA wrote: Thanks for the well wishes folks.

I'm back home in one piece despite: having to wander around (on foot) in Brooklyn (or was it Queens) trying to find a bite to eat the last couple of nights; having to pick my uncle up in Lower Midtown, while dodging the festival he accidentally happened to neglect to mention was occuring right in front of his window on 8th; trying to go west across Manhattan and get on the FDR with the NYC Marathon going up and down Park Ave between me and where I wanted to be; the funeral director parked at the main entrance to the cemetary waiting for the workers, while the workers had come in the back entrance and were at the grave site waiting for the funeral director ...

Nana always enjoyed, and was good for, humorous, exasperating stories ... she'd have loved this.

And from above, I'm sure Nana was drinking in the Ironic humor...
Welcome back, and take your sweet time.

so sorry for your loss, I lost my grandmother a year ago and I try type this the tears began blinding me, but
remember her well, for the loved live on in our hearts

bbl

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-05 22:47:59

At 10/5/04 10:41 PM, Bila wrote:
At 10/2/04 07:35 PM, D0GMA wrote: Thanks for the well wishes folks.

And from above, I'm sure Nana was drinking in the Ironic humor...
Welcome back, and take your sweet time.

so sorry for your loss, I lost my grandmother a year ago and I try type this the tears began blinding me, but
remember her well, for the loved live on in our hearts

bbl

It really does suck knowing that a family member has died in a person's family. I can relate too... my grandfather who was a world war 2 veteran passed away in April.. the guy was the funniest grandfather ever. He can talk about the simplest things and it will make you laugh. The guy had a lot of knowledge about vegetables and cars.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-05 23:54:48

OMG I WONDER WAHT RANK I"LL BE!!!!!!

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 09:26:42

TONS of notes for you folks at the site. With so many rank-ups to mention this week (114 o_O) I'm not going to waste my character limit on reposting the comments here.

Grats all!!!

MPA General
NeMeSiSM66 General
Syme Major General
Electric_Eel Lieutenant Colonel
bmxgamer Major
SevenStar Major
Hermannator Captain
Cesar_Barba First Lieutenant
Denvish First Lieutenant
-Mazza- First Lieutenant
QuikFox First Lieutenant
BahamutReborn Second Lieutenant
NewgroundsFan8 Second Lieutenant
soulrifter Second Lieutenant
Cyberdevil Praporshchik
RoweNuts Praporshchik
Sukiyaki_63 Praporshchik
Viper_Studios Praporshchik
DarkMatterClock Sergeant Major
DarkTure Sergeant Major
j00bie Sergeant Major
Overtired Sergeant Major
pukepuddle Sergeant Major
Voidist Sergeant Major
Wingman26 Sergeant Major
zehdazkouvez Sergeant Major
DRD1982 Master Sergeant
EKRegulus Master Sergeant
Sakurazukamori Master Sergeant
agak12 Sergeant First Class
amplefied Sergeant First Class
Blitz_Mage Sergeant First Class
Continuum Sergeant First Class
Crossofdevil Sergeant First Class
D34M0N Sergeant First Class
Joelasticot Sergeant First Class
Mightydein Sergeant First Class
RedCircle Sergeant First Class
rezgwu Sergeant First Class
ShittyKitty Sergeant First Class
UndyingSoul Sergeant First Class
Vagrant2 Sergeant First Class
Ya_Ya Sergeant First Class
_TheDeadOne_ Staff Sergeant
AGH Staff Sergeant
ChaosFoot Staff Sergeant
EnigmaWave Staff Sergeant
Gooch_20-04 Staff Sergeant
Masterdevil Staff Sergeant
SharkStein Staff Sergeant
TheShrike Staff Sergeant
Thobbe Staff Sergeant
AC500BELOW Sergeant
AlphabetBackward Sergeant
dawsdani Sergeant
mastershaked Sergeant
Maximus_DM Sergeant
Neon_Chocobo Sergeant
NOgood Sergeant
phileeguy Sergeant
SlowBro Sergeant
stylusOsubstance Sergeant
westtig Sergeant
BoneGnawer Corporal
chowmein Corporal
cloned_illusion Corporal
ColossalBeltloop Corporal
csscblackbelt2000 Corporal
Dukeonurshoe Corporal
Eldarion Corporal
FrontrowX Corporal
Kramerica Corporal
nevermind_nirvana91 Corporal
rancid_alan Corporal
red_skunk Corporal
robowing Corporal
SantoNinoDeCebu Corporal
Snowy_Beast Corporal
Soul_Edge Corporal
_MessiaH_ Private First Class
areyoureadyEddie Private First Class
cuChulainn Private First Class
disingenuous Private First Class
Dragunfyre Private First Class
JoeCamel21 Private First Class
Klacid Private First Class
MrVulcan Private First Class
snayk Private First Class
speedballtucker Private First Class
Switchblade_XII Private First Class
Tal-con Private First Class
zenion_butyl Private First Class
AgnryAxel Private
AngryWonton Private
Bman2004 Private
bsjoelbs Private
DarkRed Private
deathdoc Private
earscab Private
gunskickass Private
-Josh- Private
lapis Private
LockLock Private
mjoellnir Private
onlyoneben Private
OsAmARaMa Private
SABBATH-BOY Private
Streakydesign Private
TheSofaKing Private
Tom_s00 Private
Tonybigguns-XXX Private
ubarmind Private
ViciousMonkey Private
Zerok Private

No new additions to the NG Top 50 this week. bmxgamer continues to make a valiant fight to stay on, with Seraphius and Shpouiten still on his heels. Foxphere is making a good run on it as well and (at pace) will be within striking distance by the update next weekend.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 10:34:20

Thanks for the update D0GMA, and thanks also for the rather nice write-up & link on your homepage. Only found it yesterday.
Gettin back up the BS list, but got a lot of work to do to get back on either the blammers or saviours list; my ratio is just too wrong =)
Hope you're keeping well.

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 11:04:19

Cool update d0gma!
I hope i will mange to do at least 40 a day :/

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 15:15:09

Thanks for the update D0GMA. I'm glad you post same rank ups alphabetically, I believe it's my first time as first mentioned. heh
I read the notes, everything sounds good. (aside from the egrlb whiff, no biggie though)

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 16:04:58

At 10/6/04 10:34 AM, Denvish wrote: Thanks for the update D0GMA, and thanks also for the rather nice write-up & link on your homepage. Only found it yesterday.

That's what the other e-mail was about ... i took a machete to a screen shot of your homepage to make that button lol I figured you might, possibly, maybe be able to come up with something better.

Gettin back up the BS list, but got a lot of work to do to get back on either the blammers or saviours list; my ratio is just too wrong =)

Ratio only matters on C & D lists. It's rare for any of the higher ranks to be listed on a C or D, so I expect you won't end up there either. The A lists are those, "same old, same old," lists, exactly like gfox used to run. Bs are the A lists (and Ds are Cs) with all the people who are inactive removed, which has the added benefit of allowing people to see a number of ranks down the A (or C) list. Savior B is probably what you'll end up on first as you work your way back up.

Hope you're keeping well.

Except for the fact that my aunt warned me not to hug her on Saturday and I did anyway, I'm fine. By Sunday night I was already coming down with her flu :-P~~~

At 10/6/04 11:04 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Cool update d0gma!
I hope i will mange to do at least 40 a day :/

Ahhh! Does this mean that you dodged all my missl ... er ... that you're home already?

/me has vague recollections stirring of possibly once maybe having remembered knowing carmel was getting home the first week of October ...

Didn't even slip as far as I had guessed was the low end, never mind your fears. You're still in pretty good position to pick up your run where you left off =)

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 16:19:49

At 10/6/04 03:15 PM, MPA wrote: Thanks for the update D0GMA. I'm glad you post same rank ups alphabetically, I believe it's my first time as first mentioned. heh

Grats =) If you time it right you'll be the first mention when you make SC .... oh wait, lee is going to help us bar the door to keep you out ^^

When I was doing it manually, I used the same alphabetic system (hyphen, number, alpha, underscore). Excel uses a different system in sorting, but so long as it doesn't "lose" anyone while sorting, I'm not going to complain lol

I read the notes, everything sounds good. (aside from the egrlb whiff, no biggie though)

Second time it's happened ... more of a nuisance than anything at this point

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 16:36:25

At 10/6/04 04:04 PM, D0GMA wrote: i took a machete to a screen shot of your homepage to make that button lol I figured you might, possibly, maybe be able to come up with something better.

Nah that's exactly what I would've done. That's one of the problem with a pure Flash site, is you have to PrntScrn to grab it; gif export images in Flash are dodgy to say the least. I did my new sig in Flash, but it took about 2 hours playing with gif export options & palettes before it finally worked.

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 16:53:18

hey that is funny brother funk you were kidding right?

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-06 17:12:09

At 10/6/04 04:19 PM, D0GMA wrote:
When I was doing it manually, I used the same alphabetic system (hyphen, number, alpha, underscore)

as NG.

That sentence would have made more sense had I completed it before moving on to the next thought ~shrug~

At 10/6/04 04:36 PM, Denvish wrote:
Nah that's exactly what I would've done. That's one of the problem with a pure Flash site, is you have to PrntScrn to grab it; gif export images in Flash are dodgy to say the least. I did my new sig in Flash, but it took about 2 hours playing with gif export options & palettes before it finally worked.

Yarg ... looks very nice though ... mesmerizing even ;). You might want to edit your sig ... NG has tossed in some random "amp;" into the link codes, so 5 and 21 aren't working.

At 10/6/04 04:45 PM, BonusStage wrote: very informative in the fact that i am reacjing top 50 blam (active) list as well

Good Luck =)

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 04:05:56

At 10/6/04 04:04 PM, D0GMA wrote: Ahhh! Does this mean that you dodged all my missl ... er ... that you're home already?

Yes, IIIIMMMM BBBBAAAACCCKKK hehe, but its obvies i still cant do 100 a day again, that would take some time lol...

/me has vague recollections stirring of possibly once maybe having remembered knowing carmel was getting home the first week of October ...

Oh yes, i think i wrote that everywhere :D

Didn't even slip as far as I had guessed was the low end, never mind your fears. You're still in pretty good position to pick up your run where you left off =)

Thanks! And you told me i wont more than 75, and i actually ended up 63, which is only 8 places! :) Cheers, thanks :)
And good luck on passing -Obsidian- (TheJoe324 for me)! (lol wasnt he 3rd when i left? :D)...

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 04:25:11

Ok, three real quick things.

#1. Awesome update D0GMA!!! Thanks for the drop in color requirements, although I didn't utilize them this update...oh well. Glad you are back ^_^

#2. CARMEL, please e-mail me as soon as possible!!! redcircle@gmail.com

#3. You wanna see some bloodshed? Check out the "RedCircle vs ShittyKitty vs Continuum" Race...

B/P ranks 51+

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 04:37:48

At 10/7/04 04:25 AM, RedCircle wrote: #2. CARMEL, please e-mail me as soon as possible!!! redcircle@gmail.com

Check your mail please ;)

BBS Signature

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 04:39:04

ty ^_^

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 22:28:15

(ahem)

"Odds on it was just a bunch of nits making random profiles trying to get it *cough*Bedn*cough*, but in the process they've bulked us up to having over 1,000,000 PIDs at NG. Hawt Dowg, we have a wiener. "

Apparently Dogma missed a certain topic made within hours of NG reaching 7 digit PIDs, eh?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=179355
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=179355&page=2

Or... at least missed the intentionally imcriminating posts made by a certain... me? #;-}>

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 22:30:16

At 10/7/04 10:28 PM, 1000000th wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=179355
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=179355&page=2

CURSE YOU FOR REMINDING ME OF MY FAILURES!

Or... at least missed the intentionally imcriminating posts made by a certain... me? #;-}>

And me. #;-}>

Oh, and nice update, Dogma. I am currently enjoying it (several days late, I know). Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been really busy. And I'm about to go out of town on Saturday. Hopefully there'll be time for a VP list update before I hit the road. WE SHALL SEE.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 22:41:37

At 10/7/04 04:25 AM, RedCircle wrote: #3. You wanna see some bloodshed? Check out the "RedCircle vs ShittyKitty vs Continuum" Race...

It used to just be the "ShittyKitty vs Continuum" race until we caught up to your slacking butt, and you finally decided to start getting some more b/p's. Ha ha ha, I'm ahead of you again.

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 22:42:52

At 10/7/04 10:41 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Ha ha ha, I'm ahead of you again.

Erm....never mind....my mental math is a little off tonight...

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 22:45:02

No you're not :-P~~~

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-07 22:47:05

At 10/7/04 10:45 PM, RedCircle wrote: No you're not :-P~~~

Ack! You're back! Well, I'm only 4 behind you now, compared to the 8 earlier. Heh heh heh. And why aren't you on AIM yet?

Response to B/P ranks 51+ 2004-10-08 03:35:50

At 10/7/04 10:28 PM, gofx wrote: Apparently Dogma missed a certain topic made within hours of NG reaching 7 digit PIDs, eh?

D0GMA made a point of not trying to figure out who it was and just tossed it on the heap of milestones :-P~~~