00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rvillarreal123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Redesign Launched!

124,636 Views | 963 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:10:12

BUG REPORT:
1) Big bug: I can't read any of my reviews - when I click on "Flash Reviews" or "Music reviews" it just goes to the top of my userpage, with this in the address bar: http://esn.newgrounds.com/#

Same result in Forefox and IE

2) Minor bug: When I put in my 5 daily votes, it tells me that I have 5,600 points and need 5,880 MORE to reach level 24. I think the word "more" probably shouldn't be there.

3) Small inconvenience: Could you make it so that when I click on a flash in my "favourites", it automatically opens in a new page? It was like that before, and is more convenient.

But overall, GREAT JOB ON THE REDESIGN!

(some of these concerns might've been mentioned already; I didn't read all >400 comments)

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:10:22

I was hoping to level up BEFORE this(14 days!) Also the posting is much slower on slow PCs.... >: (

I dont have a signature, stop bugging me.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:11:23

I logged in just a second ago and was floored by the new design. Nice job.

But my old May profile pic is gone now. <:[

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:12:52

Oh wow, the redesign is awsome, and it looks great! I think the new look is fitting for this site, and the layout of the front page is very convenient. Not to mention the new features too!

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:14:19

The new design is interesting. It seems to run ok on IE. However, the pop-up info, while informative, also causes the page to expand, which is annoying. My main beef, however, is that the site now runs like shit on firefox. Oh, and there was a lag when I typed this.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:15:44

I still can't believe it. It's incredible.

"Think about it think think about it" ~ Flight of the Conchords

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:17:32

Some bugs I noticed. When I deposit my experience it says that I have the same points that I had before depositing. I get the points but it just doesn't inform me. In this thread <a>http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.p hp?id=706204&<a> when I try to go on another page it goes to a page that does not exist. For example when I try to go to page 9 it goes to www.newgrounds.com/9. This is a major problem and I hope it will be fixed.

I can't afford a sig... :(

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:17:37

YES!!!!! the site has never looked better!!!
I less than three everyone! Its like christmas!!!!!! :D

My signature is better.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:18:04

Its sooooooo Flipping awsome i want it to have my children :) ;)

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:18:20

I kind of enjoy the redesign.
It flows well, even though it kind of is pretty slow and messy as of this moment, but it's pretty normal considering how many people are connected at the same time and how this is a big big deal. It's kind of like a New Year or something. So no worries, tomorrow or in a few days there won't be anymore "speed" problems and disponibility. I guess at least.

Most of the "big" issues, little glitches to fix, have already been said and/or pointed out. I have absolutely no complaint to make.
This is a big new step for NG and for the internet too! Talk about evolution.

I simply love the new features, but I need a few more days to make this new version my very own sweet NG home.
As in I need time to discover all the features, that I need to do on a daily basis =)

Great job on the redesign, staff!
Hope things will keep going for the best.

-ALEX

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:23:10

I like it so far, you and the rest of the staff did a real nice job Tom.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:23:29

Really nice redesign, will take a lot of time to get the hang off but its really impressive! Nice one!

Gorilla Studios || A game is like sex, its better when its free

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:23:34

Really nice. The font isn't really good, but you know, That's my opinion.

( )( ) | If u love life, then ur life will meet love. |

( . . )/|______________________________|

c(")(")

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:25:10

No wai.....YA WAI!!!

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:27:50

Holy fucking shit. This is just awesome! I love NG twice as much as I did before. I just wanna thank all of you guys, Tom, Wade, and all the other admins you guys are awesome.

IMA HACKEN YUR NG

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:27:54

Yeah, I think that whole 'anyone can post NG news thing' didn't quite work out as planned.
I think that part should be removed, or at least go through some sort of admin approval before sticking it on the frontpage.
Also jmtb02 is sad cos he can't edit his portal buddies. Any idea when that'll be fixed?

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:28:23

Wow, I like the new metalic look. The icons have been redesigned too. I better get with the times and update my user pic to something less amatuerish.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:28:30

I like the site redesign, but the only thing that really bugs me right now is the fact that I need to change my password to include both numbers and characters in it before I can edit anything. I like my password as it is, and I think that, personally, how people have their passwords is up to them and how much they don't want to have someone get into their account.
Other than that, I love the redesign so far. Keep up the great work.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:31:06

wow, the new design looks good. it may not be complete yet, but whats here looks great. i will have to keep looking around at all the new things. it looks quite different from a couple days ago.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:31:16

When you click "View this movie" or "play this game," the menu thing that appears in the middle of the page needs to autoresize the submission to fit. otherwise, the submission doesn't have to be that large to overwhelm the page.

"It is impossible to govern rightly without God and the Bible." --George Washington

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:35:42

Oh my God it's finally here, and it looks great! Congratulations everyone who worked on the site.

I wonder what lvl icon I have ^-^

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:36:26

I kind of expected it a little different but we all did though.
Tom Fulp is great..GREAT I SAY

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:37:13

The reviewers list in the stats page seems a bit out of date :(

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:40:52

Damn its hot

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:41:19

Were people's levels supposed to double, because mine... didn't.
Nice job though, it looks beautiful.

also, ng now runs slow as shit on firefox, the browser i got just to use for ng.

BBS Signature

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:43:27

Awesome look! I was sad because last night I was up late and couldn't look at my favorite flash. But now I see it was worth it.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:45:09

Great work

ERR!R CAN NOT CONNECT!

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:45:22

Yay Tom!

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:46:00

fuck yeah. love the new level icons. i jumped from level 20 to level 38. i want that level 39 chainsaw so bad now.

great job on the redesign, everything so far looks cleaner and more organized. can't wait to check out the rest of the site.

Response to Redesign Launched! 2007-07-17 19:49:44

Yay!
This makes me so happy! Thank you tom!