00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TalisDM just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voting Problems 2007-07-09 03:02:12

Whenever I try to vote on something it says someone from my IP area has voted on it in the last 24 hours. This happens with everything I try voting on.
On the error screen there is a link to a random flash I can vote on bit when I go there I still can't vote.

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-09 03:59:14

Do you use AOL? Here's an error message that pops up whenever you try to vote twice on something in one day.

Error - it looks like you have already voted for this movie today. You'll have to wait until tomorrow before you can vote on it again!
If you believe you have not voted on this entry in the past 24 hours it is possible someone else using your ISP shares your unique IP address and has already voted on this entry, especially if you are on a large ISP such as AOL.

Is that the error message you got?

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-09 09:59:23

That sounds like you are on a huge network, not just AOL, but stuff like, I dunno, Tiscali, BT, and other huge, worldwide networks. Sometimes, though, it might just display that error because NG is loaded with people, I dunno.

Don't eat yellow snow, Pepsi and coke are the same thing, etc. Visit my webpage! (go on)

Can I eat your brain? pleeeaaase?

You now have a duty in life!!! Clean up Newgrounds!!

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-09 22:14:25

This is the error message I'm getting:

Error - users from your ip zone have already voted on this movie today. You'll have to wait until tomorrow before you can vote on it!
The next Grounds Gold day begins in 1 hour, 52 minutes and 36 seconds.

The error message also has a link to a random movie I can vote on. When I go to that and try to vote on it I still get the error.

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-09 23:05:51

Callipop the bottom line is someone is voting on Newgrounds submissions using the same IP address as yourself. If your computer is part of a large network [like that at a university, high school, library etc.] then you need to indicate so in your post. This is also a symptom [i believe] if an out of date java [or flash]. You vote on the movie and the voting animation doesn't work so it appears as if you never voted on the movie. Someone correct me if i'm wrong please.

If you are positive you are the only one on your ip address i suggest downloading java and flash player. After restart your computer and attempt it again.

Questions? I can answer almost any Newgrounds related inquiry. Pm me.

Why you have a garbage whistle here.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-10 07:53:47

I'm sure I'm the only newgrounds member on my IP address.

I tried updating Java and Flash but I still can't vote.

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-10 20:39:10

At 7/10/07 07:53 AM, callipop wrote: I'm sure I'm the only newgrounds member on my IP address.

How are you so sure that's true?

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-10 20:44:25

At 7/10/07 07:53 AM, callipop wrote: I'm sure I'm the only newgrounds member on my IP address.

I tried updating Java and Flash but I still can't vote.

ok, so what internet service provider (ISP) do you use? if you tell us, it could help us to solve the problem. give us as much detail as you can about your ISP, and the general situation, or else there's not a lot we can do.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems 2007-07-11 02:25:56

I don't know why but I'm not having any more problem voting. When I tried voting to see if it worked, my vote counted.