00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HoshieHinn just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blam/Protection points

952 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Blam/Protection points 2003-06-08 07:54:25

Its me again. I was wondering how you get Blam/Protection points. Does it have to be a new cartoon/game in which is being decided weather it should stay or not? If so, how can I tell if its one of these? I need some points to increase meh rank!

Response to Blam/Protection points 2003-06-08 08:57:20

At 6/8/03 07:54 AM, Agriff wrote: Its me again. I was wondering how you get Blam/Protection points. Does it have to be a new cartoon/game in which is being decided weather it should stay or not? If so, how can I tell if its one of these? I need some points to increase meh rank!

The Italiced Information was taken From the Portal FAQ.

Goodluck!

In addition we have just recently added some new features to the voting system! In the past the user who cast the deciding vote resulting in a movie being BLAMMED would get a BLAM point, even if that person voted 5! With our new system we are now tracking users' votes as long as they are logged in. If a movie is BLAMMED all users who voted 0 or 1 receive a BLAM point. If a movie makes it to 100 votes and isn't BLAMMED all users who voted 2, 3, 4, or 5 are rewarded with a PROTECTION point! Only the first vote is recorded, so be sure to watch the submission and vote fairly. If you vote wrong you won't be penalized, you will just miss out on a point. Also be sure to vote as soon as you can! There is no reason to hold back your vote any more to try to get a BLAM! If you hold back to be the deciding vote you may miss your chance at gaining a point!

A portal Entry must be underjudgement for you to gain the point. Under Judgement is the term used for a portal entry under 100 votes. A movie cant get blammed if its passed 100 votes. If it gets blammed and you vote 0 or 1 You get a BLAM Point, if you vote 2,3,4 or 5 and it survives (Past 100 votes) you get a protection Point.

To Vote/find an Under Judgement you must:
1. Click the Button to the Newgrounds Portal.
2. Look at the List of Content on the Left of the Page.
3. Look for an Entry with Light Grey Background behind the text, or if you put your mouse over it It says Under Judgement.
4. Vote ACCORDINGLY

Then all you have to do is wait until the movie gets 100 votes, if you voted 0 or 1 and its BLAMMED you will get a BLAM Point, if you vote 2,3,4 or 5 and it stays you will get a PROTECTION point.

These Points can be viewed in your Profile. The more you get the more your vote power Increases - But it dosnt increase Per Vote, its per 100 votes, sometimes even higher!

If you vote alot you could even make it onto the Top BLAM/PROTECTERS Page

Response to Blam/Protection points 2003-06-08 09:30:42

Wow, now that's some serious explanation !
I hope you find what you've been looking in all that :-)

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Blam/Protection points 2003-06-08 09:50:58

At 6/8/03 08:57 AM, JDTV wrote:

Whoa that is serious......helped me more as well.....

Response to Blam/Protection points 2003-06-08 10:13:11

At 6/8/03 10:03 AM, Newgrundling wrote: Blam / Protection Points & Rankings

Your informative as well - your job is never done..........