00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OpSystemFilms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Sponsor Review Thread

57,314 Views | 342 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-12 17:58:38

At 10/12/07 04:26 PM, Jindo wrote: Heh.. My Agnry Faic Lift game ended up in the contest in the end, but Dan was interested in sponsoring it I think, he told me it had a good chance in the contest.

Whether he was trying to avoid sponsoring me or not, I won $1000 :3.

Congrats :D

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-12 20:11:02

I'm always getting my sponsorships from Armorgames. Dan's the best and always gives an amazing amount of money for the stuff I make :D.

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-13 19:55:21

At 9/10/07 09:08 AM, AdamSchroeder wrote: Additionally several other sponsors will split MochiAd revenue with you. At least one sponsor is basing payment off of MochiAd (and MochiBot stats)

Here is a thread I recently saw on MochiAd forums with an offer like this:
https://www.mochiads.com/forum-pub/comme nts.php?DiscussionID=194&page=1#Item_11

I'd love to find more sponsors open to this and I can make a "MochiAd compatible" page on Flash Game Sponsorship

Cheers for mentioning me Adam, and yay for me for finding it so late...

I've made the page you mentioned a lot simpler because I received complaints that it was too complicated!

Basically, I want to sponsor good games. Fixed amount up-front? Sure. Want to retain MochiAds, perhaps work out some payment based on the amount of plays your game gets? Hit me up and we can talk about it!

I'll always strive to reply within hours, not days :)

So if you are making any kind of war/fighting/shooting/violence-game that fits in with the MortarGames theme, just PM me here on NG and we can get going!

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-21 12:09:47

I'm finding it pretty hard to find games to sponsor. Seems you need to get your foot in the door somehow first so the word gets out.

So on that note, if anyone is looking for a sponsor, please drop me a note and we can talk. I'm looking for good, well-made games and willing to pay good money. My site (the sponsorer) is Rawcade.com. I also run GameLinks.com and a few other game sites.

-Adam

BBS Signature

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-27 23:14:14

Flash Ninja Clan.com

My last sponsorship deal went very well. The person sponsoring was EXTREMELY fast, answered me within 30 minutes or less from the time I sent him the game. He was very easy to talked to and flexible, and I had no problems getting my money or anything. It is good for a game that would be worth up to 500 dollars, and he allows Mochi ads.

Summary:
I highly recommend Flash Ninja Clan.com, fast and reliable.

Some sweet games, made by me and a bunch of other of my favorite games:

Ninja Games, Your Thoughts, Penguin Games

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-27 23:26:18

At 10/27/07 11:14 PM, smith1302 wrote: Flash Ninja Clan.com

My last sponsorship deal went very well. The person sponsoring was EXTREMELY fast, answered me within 30 minutes or less from the time I sent him the game. He was very easy to talked to and flexible, and I had no problems getting my money or anything. It is good for a game that would be worth up to 500 dollars, and he allows Mochi ads.

Summary:
I highly recommend Flash Ninja Clan.com, fast and reliable.

Seconded, I got my money the day I e-mailed him with the offer.
I got a little less cash than I expected but considering that it was originally intended for the halloween games collab and it was just I small game I am satisfied with what I got.

These guys will sponsor pretty much anything that can score a 2 or higher on newgrounds. Most other sponsors are much stricter.

Any one who has a rather small game should go to him if you don't like messaging several sponsers and waiting for them to respond. However for larger games that would score 3.5+ I think it would be better to go with max games or armor games.

Flash is happy and it knows it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-28 14:16:24

I was wondering,if there is ANY sponsor that would EVER like to sponsor this for ANY reason.The game is pretty simple,so I quess noone wants it...but you are the sponsor experts,not me :O

(A thing that I know is that I won't get a lot of money because of the game itself and because it's already submitted to the internetz)

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-28 14:29:34

At 10/28/07 02:16 PM, Androu1 wrote: I was wondering,if there is ANY sponsor that would EVER like to sponsor this for ANY reason.The game is pretty simple,so I quess noone wants it...but you are the sponsor experts,not me :O

(A thing that I know is that I won't get a lot of money because of the game itself and because it's already submitted to the internetz)

You could probably get that sponsered if it wasn't already on the internet. Sponsors don't like sponsoring games that have already been on the net for a while.

Also, if you make any other relatively simple games, flashninjaclan.com will probably sponsor them. They are much less strict about the quality of games than other sponsors are.

Flash is happy and it knows it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-28 14:41:35

OK.Next time that I make a game I will try to get in contact with FNC.I don't think I will even try to get them sponsored since I am so damn young and cause everytime I make a PayPal account it gets deleted for no reason...and I can't use dollars in my country (well,I can.But you need to do some annoying shit AND you need parental permission to do the annoying shit,which I will never get)

Wow,I just made a random rant...well,whatever.

Thanks Archmage :D

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-28 20:41:34

Anyone know how long it takes for armor games, kongregate or crazy monkey game to answer a sponsorship request? I sent one out to all 3 on a friday and its now a sunday, I know it's only been 3 days but I would still like to know, Thanks.

SponsorShip review of Mofunzone.com

They are pretty good, but it seems like I could never get in contact with them, they did give me the highest offer but because it was so hard to contact them I went with a lower offer. I can't say they are bad because maybe they were realllly busy or something, and that happens alot where one time you can talk to them easily and another time it talks 3 days per message, but I was dissapointed.

So I would rate them around a 2.5/5

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-10-31 21:46:22

At 9/9/07 02:18 AM, icarus wrote: I was wondering if anyone knows a contact e-mail for hallpass? Their contact form just doesn't work for me.
Thanks.

Hey buddy, you can reach me directly at billkara@gmail.com
Pretty much anytime since I check my email on my pc and phone.

We do our best tog et back to everyone that emails us, sometimes good news sometimes bad. Either way if you took the time to email us, you can expect us to take the same amount of time to email you back.

Cheers

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-11-11 15:00:13

anyone else got any good input on succesful deals? I dont want to see this thread go away.

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-11-17 23:58:57

is there an age limit to get games sponsored?

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-11-18 01:49:08

Sponsors don't give a crap how old Flash authors are.

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-11-18 03:48:47

fuck yes!!!

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-11-29 19:53:46

WOOT this thread rocks i got liek 6 more sponsors on ym contact list now

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-12-13 22:06:03

Would it hurt my chances if I sent the same email to multiple people (eg only 1 email to multiple sponsors at the same time)

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-12-14 20:46:38

No, make sure you blind carbon copy (BCC) it though so they don't know you sent it to other sponsors in one transaction ;)

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-12-14 23:15:30

Man this thread is the best ever!! Most useful anyways
I'm currently making my first game and just realized I get paid 50% more as I live in nz! lol
It's going to be WICKED!!

account moved, delete this account tom...please lol

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-12-17 06:45:11

This thread is too good to go by!

bump

account moved, delete this account tom...please lol

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-12-20 20:13:00

Does anyone have a list of sponsor emails?

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-12-20 20:31:46

Sorry for the double post, but I answered my question :)

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2007-12-21 18:02:50

They should have their emails on their website!?

cats

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2008-01-03 00:37:20

At 12/21/07 06:02 PM, Toxinhead wrote: They should have their emails on their website!?

Most of them do, it's just some of them have them in very hard to find places.

Ill have a review on kongregate soon, im working on a sponsorship with him.

Ps: I worked with flashninjaclan again too, and they can sponsor for quite a bit as opposed to what I previously thought. I think everyone trying to get a game sponsored should contact him, he is VERY fast at emailing back, it's almost like aim, and he goes to great lengths to get your game distributed.

Also, I didn't ever finish a deal with hallpass, but from the time I was talking to him, it seemed to me that he would be a good sponsor. he is fast as well, and is easy to talk too, yet professional.

Sorry for all the grammer mistakes, i was typing fast.

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2008-01-03 00:56:49

Game Gecko

Quite stingy with his money. He pulled the "I'm a collage student" shit on me, saying that he couldn't offer more when I knew I was getting ripped off. He knew I was too, but I didn't have time to get any other sponsors. He admitted it was to little, but again he said... "I'm a collage student trying to make my way through collage." So I thought to myself, why the fuck is he in a sponsorship position then? Overall I guess he was ok, he payed me quick and gave me some suggestions to my game.

6/10

BBS Signature

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2008-01-08 08:31:14

Is there a page somewhere where all of these are being recorded so we can compare? (A table for example) or do we have to wade through the tens of pages in this topic?

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2008-01-08 09:50:39

Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure that this is it - no abridged version is currently public.

Fancy volunteering to make up that version?

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2008-01-08 12:46:17

At 1/8/08 09:50 AM, Bezman wrote: Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure that this is it - no abridged version is currently public.

The idea was brought up a while back ago as well, some guy was thinking of making a site about flash game sponsorships and he would make some sort of record over the reviews left here and put on it. The site ended up in flashgamesponsorship.com, and is a really great resource for anyone who's interested in sponsorships. The reviews written in this thread doesn't seem to have made it there though.

I don't think that compiling the the reviews written here into a list of some sort would be that hard or time consuming really.. If anybody feels like doing it, that would be great. If not, I might do it myself and add it to a section of my 'portfolio/blog-site' which I'm currently making, as I am also involved in the making of a gaming website that might offer sponsorships in the future I might not be the right person to do this.

I think that if this was made reality it would also encourage people more to write reviews after being sponsored, seeing how they don't just end up far back in this thread where no one will read them.

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2008-01-08 14:46:24

At 12/13/07 10:06 PM, heytherejake wrote: Would it hurt my chances if I sent the same email to multiple people (eg only 1 email to multiple sponsors at the same time)

Probably. People doing business ussually love some formality, and sending the same e-mail to multiple sponsors at once might seem a bit... unprofessional, as it would be just a chain letter, bordering on spam. If you really want to avoid typing a lot, just type your e-mail in Notepad or something, and copy and paste the message and send to every sponsor - separately.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sponsor Review Thread 2008-01-09 18:36:14

KONGREGATE REVIEW

Ok, so I just finished a deal with kongregate, and I must say that I was pretty happy. He was very nice to talk to and seemed very professional. The money was pretty good aswell, not THE best, but I took his offer because he had some great benifits, like being able to use mochi ads, and the allowance of being able to have sites license your game.

All in all, I think kongregate is a very good sponsor.