00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BitmapPirate Art Thread

11,885 Views | 269 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-05 20:51:04

dont apologize for anything, its great that you're smart enough put your foot down when you want to, and I dont think anyone else is going to bug you about it.

now I think they just want to argue with me :)

your art is good, it will develop and change as it does, dont worry about pushing it in any direction all at once. if you really do want to change though, look for many different kinds of influences in different styles. my favorite place to find cool stuff is threadless, and I bet if you mixed your current style with that of many other people's, you'd create something entirely your own.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-05 23:38:23

So here's an ink drawing that I'm working on. This is not even close to the final version, this is just the first draft. I thought I'd show you guys the gist of what it is. It's called The Thought Process.

BitmapPirate Art Thread

My latest submission: An Irresponsible Wish - DeviantArt

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-05 23:57:32

At 7/5/07 11:38 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: It's called The Thought Process.

That picture makes no sense, but I like it. Your paper-and-ink drawings look much different than your computer-drawings. :O

It's a nice mix of two different art-types.

|::Sig by me::| |::Goes on and off randomly::l

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 06:38:09

Bitmap, I was wondering what program do you use to screenshot your art? Because I remember some time back you said that you only use flash / whatever and no photoshop. This isn't to quiz you, I actually want to know myself and most likely use it (if it's free..)

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 06:42:17

At 7/6/07 06:38 AM, Farplane wrote: Bitmap, I was wondering what program do you use to screenshot your art? Because I remember some time back you said that you only use flash / whatever and no photoshop. This isn't to quiz you, I actually want to know myself and most likely use it (if it's free..)

Flash. File>Export>Image.

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 06:53:19

At 7/6/07 06:42 AM, Dr34m3r wrote:
At 7/6/07 06:38 AM, Farplane wrote: Bitmap, I was wondering what program do you use to screenshot your art? Because I remember some time back you said that you only use flash / whatever and no photoshop. This isn't to quiz you, I actually want to know myself and most likely use it (if it's free..)
Flash. File>Export>Image.

Oh, ok thanks :D
I don't wanna put my crap in someone elses thread but just wanna do a tiny 40x40 picture to test it :P

BitmapPirate Art Thread

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 06:58:40

At 7/6/07 06:53 AM, Farplane wrote:
Oh, ok thanks :D
I don't wanna put my crap in someone elses thread but just wanna do a tiny 40x40 picture to test it :P

That's alright.

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 09:12:44

I made this for the pumpkin thread but it appears to be dying so I thought I'd post it here. I'm pretty proud of it for some reason.

BitmapPirate Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 09:21:28

you're proud of it because its A PUMPKIN!

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 09:26:16

At 7/6/07 09:21 AM, MorrowDays wrote: you're proud of it because its A PUMPKIN!

Indeed

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-06 22:22:39

Yay a pumpkin!, I made that thread.

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-07 15:22:48

This is an ink drawing I did, and then scanned it and colored it. My scanner tends to rape quality, but nonetheless, I'm quite proud of it. Comments? Full Size

BitmapPirate Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-08 17:42:46

At 7/7/07 03:22 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: This is an ink drawing I did, and then scanned it and colored it. My scanner tends to rape quality, but nonetheless, I'm quite proud of it. Comments? Full Size

Raped quality or not, it's someawe.

Pwetteh culerz

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 13:55:50

I like the art. :D

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 17:31:30

I drew myself, folks!

BitmapPirate Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 17:43:31

At 7/7/07 03:22 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: This is an ink drawing I did, and then scanned it and colored it. My scanner tends to rape quality, but nonetheless, I'm quite proud of it. Comments?

Nice. I like the skull in the middle.

At 7/9/07 05:31 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: I drew myself, folks!

great job, as always. I just have one question. Do you like drawing dripping liquid in your drawings? I've noticed that a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 17:46:47

great job, as always. I just have one question. Do you like drawing dripping liquid in your drawings? I've noticed that a lot.

Dear god, yes! It's one of my favorite techniques, if you can call it that.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 18:06:21

At 7/9/07 05:31 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: I drew myself, folks!

Woah, now I see where you got "the jumbled up mind of Spencer Mann", you have described it in great detail :P

nice shading :(

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 18:11:49

I wish I could draw as good as you your art is amazing btw I use the lemon lime thing as my desktop background :D

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 18:13:59

At 7/9/07 06:11 PM, chikky wrote: I wish I could draw as good as you your art is amazing btw I use the lemon lime thing as my desktop background :D

Hello, lawsuit. Lol, just joshing. (I'm bringing that back.) Thanks to you all.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-09 18:16:54

At 7/7/07 03:22 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: This is an ink drawing I did, and then scanned it and colored it. My scanner tends to rape quality, but nonetheless, I'm quite proud of it. Comments? Full Size

this must be made a sticker. in the size you posted it in this forum.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-10 16:57:15

Just keep telling yourself: It's just a dream. Actual size here .

BitmapPirate Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-10 18:28:49

lol. i like ur stuff

;D

Sig by me.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-10 18:40:15

At 7/10/07 04:57 PM, BitmapPirate wrote: Just keep telling yourself: It's just a dream. Actual size here .

You've got some nice color contrasts there, i.e.- the two different checkerboard patterns. Great skull, too. The teeth and nose are very good. But my favorite part of it is the guy on the bottom. I can't tell if he's amazed by the tentacle, or scared. I also noticed the dripping liquid again.

Do you just draw random things, and put them together, or do you plan out where everything is going to go?

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-10 18:47:21

Do you just draw random things, and put them together, or do you plan out where everything is going to go?

A little of both. The stuff in the drawings are thought out most of the time and where they go also plays an important part, but sometimes, like with the recent one with all the jumbled stuff, i just draw and draw.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-11 01:08:20

I've got a new animation up. Check it out here! Don't be afraid to leave comments.

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-11 01:21:59

At 7/11/07 01:08 AM, BitmapPirate wrote: I've got a new animation up. Check it out here! Don't be afraid to leave comments.

Shit yeah. Two things I like, green and a fun little animation enjoyable by all!

And yes, I do speak for everyone XD

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-11 05:20:46

You should reset the background to black and show fishhook that for the collab. Unless you hate fishhook and more prefer mr-womble. Anywho cool animation, also how do you draw your lines (in your art) so smoothly? Whenever I use brush tool it either ends up curvy or has openings in it...

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-11 06:58:15

I liked the tentacle in that other one

BBS Signature

Response to BitmapPirate Art Thread 2007-07-11 07:51:02

At 7/11/07 05:20 AM, Farplane wrote: You should reset the background to black and show fishhook that for the collab. Unless you hate fishhook and more prefer mr-womble. Anywho cool animation, also how do you draw your lines (in your art) so smoothly? Whenever I use brush tool it either ends up curvy or has openings in it...

Yeah, I'm staying away from collabs for a long time. And I draw my lines by holding down the Shift Key which makes it so that the lines either goes straight up or perfectly horizontally, depending on which way you draw.

BBS Signature