00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My ISP was down.

1,012 Views | 10 Replies

My ISP was down. 2001-03-07 23:11:10

Not that I have to explain myself, or need to justify why I wasn't replying on a regular basis, but here's why.

I was changing ISP, and was also really busy for a few days, so I couldn't get in touch with them. That's why I was only using the net on the weekends, at my parents' house.

Anyhow...

"That's my story, and I'm sticking to it, cause I've got no reason to lie."

shorbe

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-08 01:55:01

At 3/7/01 11:11 PM, shorbe wrote: Not that I have to explain myself, or need to justify why I wasn't replying on a regular basis, but here's why.

I was changing ISP, and was also really busy for a few days, so I couldn't get in touch with them. That's why I was only using the net on the weekends, at my parents' house.

Anyhow...

shorbe

You better start posting, f00, or you will be eliminated!

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-08 15:28:43

At 3/7/01 11:11 PM, shorbe wrote: Not that I have to explain myself, or need to justify why I wasn't replying on a regular basis, but here's why.

Anyhow...

shorbe

I had noticed things had gotten rather quiet on your end...

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-08 18:07:34

Anyhow...

shorbe

A likely story

My ISP was down.

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-09 01:55:33

Anyhow...

shorbe

I wish I could post more too, but I haven't had the time. This week was a really good time for the BBS, all of a sudden the place just came alive. Gun control, school shootings and God. Also, that Ravano guy seems like an interesting fellow. (I would love to see Shorbe and him battle it out on some issue.) ^_^

I should be able to go on a posting frenzy sometime this weekend.

BTW: Shrapnel is missing too! I'm fairly sure he's bogged down in school stuff too.

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-09 21:09:58

P-Chan: I think it would be interesting too if he and I went head to head. In many ways, we're similar, and we have a similar approach to how we argue.

shorbe

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-10 05:59:17

I'm MIA because I can't view the BBS old messages in Nutscrape- IE does not work on my computer anymore.
I just installed Win2000 a week ago and have the newest version of IE with all the patches....

I have no clue what's wrong...
Newgrounds always crashes my browser.

Any clue?

I miss chatting with you guys.

My ISP was down.

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-10 06:01:25

At 3/9/01 01:55 AM, P-Chan wrote:
I wish I could post more too, but I haven't had the time. This week was a really good time for the BBS, all of a sudden the place just came alive. Gun control, school shootings and God. Also, that Ravano guy seems like an interesting fellow. (I would love to see Shorbe and him battle it out on some issue.) ^_^

Definately....
I hate using Nutscrape- I can't go to the older archived BBS news so I don't bother posting b/c what's the point when you
can't read the replies to your messages!!!!

There's so much action during the day and living on the West Coast, I'm lagged behind the Eastern posts which also
tend to scroll off stuff I want to reply to...

Frustrating....

Work IE damnit work!

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-10 08:21:16

Get mIRC, so you can chat.

As for Netscape, and the BBS, I have a problem also. If I click on say, page two of a topic list (for instance, in the General section), it sends me back to the main menu for the BBS.

You can get around this though. The end of the link should read id1&page=2

If you type that manually onto the end of the address, it should work.

I don't know if that is the nature of that problem, but it's worth a try.

shorbe

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-10 16:33:09

At 3/10/01 08:21 AM, shorbe wrote: Get mIRC, so you can chat.

I had mIRC before I formatted everything...
I'll find sometime to reinstall it again.

As for Netscape, and the BBS, I have a problem also. If I click on say, page two of a topic list (for instance, in the General section), it sends me back to the main menu for the BBS.

You can get around this though. The end of the link should read id1&page=2

http://www.newgrounds.com/frames.php?location=/bbs/?id=1&page=2

Like that? I've tried it before and it doesn't work.
But if you have Netscape and it works for you, I must be doing something wrong....
What version are you using?
4.76 is the one I'm using.

Thanks for you help though.

My ISP has been really screwy lately too.

Response to My ISP was down. 2001-03-12 04:40:46

Shrapnel: No idea which version mine is.

shorbe