00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tkknox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up

167,128 Views | 3,132 Replies

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 02:28:52

I CALL UPDATING FOR TODAY.

No one else post it. I'm working on it now.

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 02:30:43

To Sonic the Hedgehog...

Your Games Suck...
Mario has knocked you away from the gaming world...

JUST DIE ALREADY!

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 02:36:03

More information online-wise. Not bad stuff to know. But it still doesn't prevent this week from being somewhat lame. Maybe next week will have one or two good updates.

I wouldn't mind if they released, well, anything Zelda-related, at least.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 02:37:15

>Join a quick and simple brawl against someone, somewhere! If you're not going to be playing with a friend, this is the mode you'll tend to use.

>This time, we'll take a look at how it flows.

>>The Wii is trying to connect in earnest! And it succeeds!

>>Here you choose With Anyone.

>>You could also choose Team Battle, but we'll choose Basic Brawl here.

>>You go straight to the character-selection screen.

>Huh? We're already at character selection? That's right. You don't make any rooms.

>At this point, you're already requesting a match. If you connect to someone, you'll see their status at the bottom of the screen.

>Character selection is limited to 45 seconds. If time runs out, your character will be chosen for you at random, so make your choices quickly so as not to make others wait.

>>Then you go to stage selection.

>You can cast one vote for the stage you want to play. A stage is chosen by lottery from among those voted on by the players.

>Also, the items that are turned off in the item switch are also determined by lottery.

>>Practice on Sandbag while you wait...

>Then just wait until you get everyone together.

>>Then the match begins!!

>Isn't that simple? You don't have to trouble with any settings. You just choose characters and stages.

>Names won't be shown and messages won't be sent. Neither your identity nor your opponents' will be known, so you can play without any worries.

>By the way, have you ever had an experience in which your opponent was disconnected, and the match never came to fruition? Like when you started with four players, but ended up with only one?

>I don't like that feeling, so I've tried to counter it.

>If you get cut off, your character will get taken over by the CPU without your opponents even knowing-it pinch hits for you!

>>Hold on! You can't tell it's a CPU!

>That's epic! Can we really do this? Wouldn't you say it's way better than having all your opponents drop out?

>However, we won't be swapping in CPU characters when you're playing With Friends. Sorry about that.

>And there is one more important thing...

>When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven't unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

>But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

>So, this time I'm moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

>You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

>And as the case has always been, I've made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles.

~ I don't know about you, but this is a FUCKING EPIC UPDATE. CPU taking over whenever someone drops out, INSTEAD of the game canceling or a character simply nto playing? That is AWESOME. Of course, we'll likely learn to recognize when it becomes too easy for it to be a Human player anymore, but COME ON. the ingenuity required for that is outstanding.

~ Besides that, I feel this update more than makes up for the past 4 days. I am sufficiently fed for this weekend :3

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 03:46:28

Now how many wanna bet that most of the time people are gonna let the CPU do all the work for them.

I mean really......

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 03:57:00

At 12/7/07 03:46 AM, superstatguy wrote: Now how many wanna bet that most of the time people are gonna let the CPU do all the work for them.

I mean really......

There is one major setback this update creates, however: No more Character releases.

The picture in the update shows the starting roster, sans any unlocked characters, and ALL of the ones shown have been documented in the update site by now. So save for the extras such as Wario and Snake that are already known, unless Sakurai intends to begin revealing SECRET characters as well (which I doubt highly), we can expect that there's not going to be any more "OMG NEW CHARACTER" posts.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 04:02:45

At 5/22/07 11:10 PM, the-amazing-joe wrote:
At 5/22/07 11:05 PM, CIA wrote: They are making me want to kill myself in anticipation.
D:
GOD UPDATE THE SITE
TELL US IF SONICS IN THE GAME
I HATE YOU NINTENDO.
sonic isn't going to be in it.
besides being totally retarded, it ruins the point of the game.

Looking back at these old posts I think its funny that sonic turned out to be in the game.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 04:16:20

At 12/7/07 03:57 AM, sonicmega wrote: The picture in the update shows the starting roster, sans any unlocked characters, and ALL of the ones shown have been documented in the update site by now. So save for the extras such as Wario and Snake that are already known, unless Sakurai intends to begin revealing SECRET characters as well (which I doubt highly), we can expect that there's not going to be any more "OMG NEW CHARACTER" posts.

You know there's only 14 characters in that picture, as opposed to the 20 something that have been announced, right?

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 04:17:26

At 12/7/07 02:17 AM, JarrodK wrote: Fair enough update today, someone please update. Also, that character select screen makes me uneasy. It seems as though there isn't much space left. The amount of characters at the moment I am not liking.

Yeah, I got the same feeling, especially about the space capacity, but notice that one of the screens shows Solid Snake and Zelda in a match which both don't appear in the character screen, it's still possible that this isn't the official start-characters when you boot-up the game for the first time. Plus, this the exact same character choices in the demo, so Sakurai probably displayed that screen to only set an example instead of showing the final version which would of might contained a few spoilers. Then again, Sakurai states that any character including the ones you haven't unlocked could appear in your online match... Oh oh.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 04:18:29

I couldn't be happier. Ever faced a quitter on Mario Kart or Zelda?

NEVER FUCKING AGAIN =]

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 04:21:50

The character select screen is the one from the playable demo they had at some nintendo convention thing. They limited the game to 14 characters or something.

There will be more... lots more.

"My friends call me 'The Cane.' Even before I messed up my leg."

- [H]ouse

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 04:25:42

At 12/7/07 04:21 AM, IronKoala wrote: The character select screen is the one from the playable demo they had at some nintendo convention thing. They limited the game to 14 characters or something.

Seriously, use some damn logic, people.

If you really thought belived that was the starting roster for Brawl, I pity you.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 04:29:05

At 12/7/07 04:25 AM, Guitardude wrote:
At 12/7/07 04:21 AM, IronKoala wrote: The character select screen is the one from the playable demo they had at some nintendo convention thing. They limited the game to 14 characters or something.

Seriously, use some damn logic, people.

If you really thought belived that was the starting roster for Brawl, I pity you.

Yeah I think we'll have to work a little harder if we want Diddy Kong, Meta Knight and Sonic.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 05:20:38

Another less then spectacular update. But don't worry, I have a link you can click :)

Bad news all concerning the game.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 05:38:55

At 12/7/07 04:16 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 12/7/07 03:57 AM, sonicmega wrote: The picture in the update shows the starting roster, sans any unlocked characters, and ALL of the ones shown have been documented in the update site by now. So save for the extras such as Wario and Snake that are already known, unless Sakurai intends to begin revealing SECRET characters as well (which I doubt highly), we can expect that there's not going to be any more "OMG NEW CHARACTER" posts.
You know there's only 14 characters in that picture, as opposed to the 20 something that have been announced, right?

Yes, I did notice that, hence why I mentioned Wario and Snake regardless of the starting cast. However, the lack of character updates seems to point to that, combined with Sakurai's concerns oevr secret characters being shown, that the roster we're going to KNOW about is now complete.

I could be wrong, it but certainly feels otherwise right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 15:08:40

Sucks for European Nintendo fans, lol.

And this is why America is gonna get nuked......

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 15:19:19

Nice update today, especially the fact that a CPU will take over for someone who drops out. It's even cooler that you don't know if they did quit or not! I wonder what the CPU level is, or if it's determined somehow.
This will solve a lot of people who will quit just because they hate fighting Fox or someone.
By the way, the starting roster will be way bigger to compared to whats on screen now. Not including secret characters!

At 12/7/07 03:46 AM, superstatguy wrote: Now how many wanna bet that most of the time people are gonna let the CPU do all the work for them.

The CPU only takes over if someone quits, and I'm sure if the computer wins or loses, it wont affect your record.

I am Mex

I love Yoko Matsugane. (And asian women in general.)

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 15:50:10

At 12/7/07 03:19 PM, TheMexicanMuffinMan wrote: it wont affect your record.

No records are going to be written for the online.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 16:09:12

At 12/7/07 04:25 AM, Guitardude wrote:

:___________________________________

sorry for double post

I agree. How can the starting roster not have Kirby in it. Also, read other characters.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 16:24:57

Wait, I gotta wait till late 08 to beat Rupee's ass? That's a shame. Todays update is kinda lameeeee, of course they are gonna run out of cool things to update when they have delayed the game, smellies. The CP filling in is nice though... effin quitters :)

BORING FRIDAY UPDATE, kbye see you all here monday.

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 16:28:07

At 12/7/07 04:24 PM, BlueHippo wrote: Wait, I gotta wait till late 08 to beat Rupee's ass? That's a shame. Todays update is kinda lameeeee, of course they are gonna run out of cool things to update when they have delayed the game, smellies. The CP filling in is nice though... effin quitters :)

BORING FRIDAY UPDATE, kbye see you all here monday.

Its a shame. You'd think that they put it before Christmas, I have to wait too.... see you monday!

NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this, then it is because your computer is possessed. You will need force a reload of the internet's lifeline, or kill it completely.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 19:29:35

At 5/22/07 10:56 PM, BooDestroyer wrote: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.htm l

Will be updated on weekdays. Just like a webcomic, only ten times better.

As if everyone didnt already know this...

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 19:52:57

List of topics Sakurai will cover next:

-How to hold the controller
-How to attack
-A short reminder that Mario is, in fact, a playable character
-What to do at the "Press Start" screen
-Brawl is only for Wii
-BRAWL PWNS YOU N00B YOU MUST PLAY! ZOMG!
-Brawl comes with your own ready-to-use authentic Super Smash Bros. Brawl instruction manual!

BORING!

Hello I am Guy......ZOMFG RACIST DETECTED

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-07 21:39:02

Anyone want to see my moveset for a Goomba and Tetris Block?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-09 19:48:54

Check out these posible colors some people have done.
I wonder what will be the actual colors will be.

Zelda
Peach
Zero Suit Samus

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-10 05:37:42

At 12/7/07 07:52 PM, Guy5250 wrote: List of topics Sakurai will cover next:

-How to hold the controller
-How to attack
-A short reminder that Mario is, in fact, a playable character
-What to do at the "Press Start" screen
-Brawl is only for Wii
-BRAWL PWNS YOU N00B YOU MUST PLAY! ZOMG!
-Brawl comes with your own ready-to-use authentic Super Smash Bros. Brawl instruction manual!

Don't forget:

The Wii (pronounced as the English pronoun we) is the fifth home video game console released by Nintendo. The console is the direct successor to the Nintendo GameCube. Nintendo states that its console targets a broader demographic than that of Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3, but it competes with both as part of the seventh generation of gaming systems.

A distinguishing feature of the console is its wireless controller, the Wii Remote, which can be used as a handheld pointing device and can detect acceleration in three dimensions. Another is WiiConnect24, which enables it to receive messages and updates over the Internet while in standby mode.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-10 08:54:09

Ok, we got a new assist trophy today.

<Bonsly>

>Bonsly walks around.

Why is this Pokémon named Bonsly? Those familiar with the world of Pokémon understand that while it appears to be a bonsai tree, Bonsly's body is made up of rocks and stones.

>It's pretty heavy!

>When you throw it at someone, it won't fly far...

>But it sure does hurt!

Even if an opponent's damage meter is below 50%, this thing packs enough power to potentially knock him or her off.

You may only get hit once in a great while, but if you do, watch out!!

>Oh, and it's not like it can't be reflected.

~A pokemon that can do massive damage just by throwing them. Wasn't expecting that.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-10 09:07:39

At 12/10/07 08:54 AM, gameboyplayer wrote: Ok, we got a new assist trophy today.

It's Pokeball Pokemon.

Get them right if you're going to play the game.

Pokeball = A Pokemon will come out.
Including:
Chikorita
Goldeen
Grouden
Deoxys
Munchlax
Piplup
Bonsley
And a bunch of returning ones from previous games.

Assist Trophies are any Character that are NOT Pokemon. Thus any Nintendo Character.
Hammer Bro
Nintendog
Samurai Goroh
Dr. Wright
Knuckle Joe
Devil (from that Japanese game)
Andross
Lyn
Mr. Resetti
Excitebike
Lakitu
Little Mac
Grey Fox
Saki Amamiya (from Sin and Punishment)

See the difference? Good.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-10 10:31:44

Oh gee, thanks Dan!

Hmmm, a chuckable pokemon? Interesting. That one was popular on the show, even though he's a dumb rock tree. I hope I can knock someone unconscious good with him in a pillow case.

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-10 11:03:07

At 12/10/07 09:07 AM, BatDan wrote:
At 12/10/07 08:54 AM, gameboyplayer wrote: Ok, we got a new assist trophy today.
It's Pokeball Pokemon.

Get them right if you're going to play the game.

Pokeball = A Pokemon will come out.
Including:
Chikorita
Goldeen
Grouden
Deoxys
Munchlax
Piplup
Bonsley
And a bunch of returning ones from previous games.

Assist Trophies are any Character that are NOT Pokemon. Thus any Nintendo Character.
Hammer Bro
Nintendog
Samurai Goroh
Dr. Wright
Knuckle Joe
Devil (from that Japanese game)
Andross
Lyn
Mr. Resetti
Excitebike
Lakitu
Little Mac
Grey Fox
Saki Amamiya (from Sin and Punishment)

See the difference? Good.

Whenever I see that yellow box next to the update, I just think "assist trohpy". It's a honest mistake. The pokeball pokemon don't even come to mind.

Plus I did the update as soon as I woke up this morning.