00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Talk] Japanese Vending Machines

27,224 Views | 365 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [Talk] Japanese Vending Machines 2007-05-09 15:33:11

God, I wish I entered this. I'd love to have an NG shirt, and maybe some cash too. My drawing skill aren't exceptionally great, but I was hoping to compensate with humour. BUT I'M TOO LAIT...

Oh well, when the winners are posted I can comfort myself with the fact that I could never outdo them, yay. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, to know that effort is not needed to fail.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Japanese Vending Machines 2007-05-09 17:48:54

I hope the results are in today. Besides, this contest was not a complete failure. There was always going to be rubbish entires, thats a given, even though you clearly stated against bad entries, people will still proceed.

Looking on the bright side, there were a good number of brilliant entires, there was that robot one by ConAir, the milk one, the SAT's machine, that Nintendo DS one etc. I hope you keep doing these competitions and this one doesn't put you off.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Japanese Vending Machines 2007-05-09 18:00:35

The results have been up for a while.

..::Flash For Breakfast::....::Indie::...::Albino Cop::....::Epic Riffs::..

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Japanese Vending Machines 2007-05-09 20:06:39

I agree that SOME of the winning entries deserved there places, but I must say im rather disapointed with the judging. First of all the blood type one for vampires I thought was VERY creative and deserved at the very least a runner up, IMO within the top 5. Also it seemed that once again, cock jokes and penis's prevailed over CREATIVENESS which was supposedly what this contest was about. Cock jokes get old, especially when its just a damn picture of a vending machine. In a movie it can be reused but in a picture? no there were at least 4+ entried that invovled a penis, godzilla with a penis VD machine or some crap had a penis, penis penis penis, its not that funny after the first 36k times. Also it was mentioned that they didnt feel it was right to pick good art over things that made them laugh, again i agree humor is great but the contest guidlines said be CREATIVE not MAKE US LAUGH.

So despite my rant, all that was wrong was

1.) penis jokes are old, they didnt deserve to win.
2.) if you were judging by whats funny, say that in the contest guidlines. humor and creativeness are 2 different things.

Congrats to the winners who had goodart/ and or vending machines not oriented around male anatomy.

Response to [Talk] Japanese Vending Machines 2007-05-09 21:00:44

At 5/9/07 08:06 PM, Matt-Porter wrote:
Congrats to the winners who had goodart/ and or vending machines not oriented around male anatomy.

You're right, penis jokes are old and immature.
That's why I chose to depict cartoon rape.

BBS Signature

Response to [Talk] Japanese Vending Machines 2007-05-09 22:48:47

At 5/9/07 08:06 PM, Matt-Porter wrote: So despite my rant, all that was wrong was

1.) penis jokes are old, they didnt deserve to win.
2.) if you were judging by whats funny, say that in the contest guidlines. humor and creativeness are 2 different things.

ZOMG!!

B========D

If you're reading this you've gone too far :3