00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheAxebaneStag just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The "Sniper" Arcade Games.

660 Views | 4 Replies

The "Sniper" Arcade Games. 2007-03-18 09:12:08

What do you think of them?

The only one I've heard of, and played, is Silent Scope EX. That game is certainly fun in the beginning, where you're hidden and skillfully handing out headshots to each unknowing terrorist you see. However, it gets less fun later, when you're seen, and have to constantly shoot the targets right to avoid taking damage. Although headshotting a guy while he's flying in a helicopter is pretty cool...

But on later levels, the amount of action just gets annoying with the boss parts. There's one guy before the final boss that has this invisible machine that creeps up on you and blasts you, and you're supposed to blast the guy with your sniper rifle, at a cockpit about 3 feet wide, from 3 fet away. This sounds easy until you see the target is moving really fast and has fifty guns and drills in your face. Anf then there's the level where there's the guy with an artillery piece trying to blast you in a helicopter-Only in a video game, yes.

The later levels I most enjoyed were the ones where you sneak in through an ammo delivery and shoot everyone who comes into your sight. And they don't notice ou until you shoot, or until they look at you, obviously. tgives a bit of challenge by making you fail the mission if you're seen, so it's still possible to mess up where you couldn't on early levels.

The last mission brought back the "bring him down in one shot" boss that I so loved in the early levels. It was a flaming queer playing a piano, that would somehow launch a nuclear missle. His head was waving around like he was on acid or something, and he got a shot in the face, and he fell into a clif leading somewhere.

Games also love hiring psycho retards to detonate terrorist weapons.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Sniper" Arcade Games. 2007-03-18 09:12:34

TLDR

Response to The "Sniper" Arcade Games. 2007-03-18 09:15:22

At 3/18/07 09:12 AM, Miigga wrote: TLDR

Then at least respond to the first line, asshole.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Sniper" Arcade Games. 2007-03-18 09:15:36

I remember those kind off games with the huge plastic rifles, I found it impossible. There was a machine down my local amusements and even though I was shit at it I would always end up spending £5 getting to like stage 2 etc.

At 3/18/07 09:12 AM, Miigga wrote: TLDR

Idiot

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to The "Sniper" Arcade Games. 2007-03-18 09:17:14

Man, I was gonna buy the silent scope complete package for the Xbox, WITH sniper rifle controller.

When you put your eye to the scope, it would sense your face, and zoom in.

FUCKING AWESOME.

But yeah, Silent Scope is a great series. Although I didn't like the constantly draining health in one of them, I think it was the first.