00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tips of beating "pandemic"

170,856 Views | 59 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-16 08:27:14

The first Pandemic and EoM were somehow easy to beat, but they also were simple.
In Pandemic 2, I tried my favorite tactic: Put everything into infection and wait for the fun to begin. But everytime one (island) country shut down contact to the whole world and i couldn't go on.
Then I tried it with a parasite and my old tactic and IT WORKED!unfortunetly, i didn't have enough points ( low evolution rate) for drug resistance, so that a vaccine could be made and some managed to survive. BUT the main point is that every land can be infected. all you have tot do is:
1. fuck the symptons. they make your disease visible.
2. put everything you have into transmission and resistance.
3. wait till everything is infected.
4. once there are enough infected people in a region, get some symptons, which spread you disease and make it LETHAL

you can infect madagascar without starting there! you need a ship or if you're lucky, an infected South-african will go there and infect other people ( only works if transit and borders are open).
I hope this helps.

ORLY?

BBS Signature

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-16 15:09:38

At 7/16/08 08:34 AM, citricsquid wrote: I found in the new Pandemic game the best thing to do is leave it for an hour, earn loads of points, then spend all your points on Transmission so the disease is in the majority of countries, then spend money on drug resistance and then go straight for the heavy symptoms, kidney failure etc.

I tried that... Epically failed, after 10 minutes Indonesia shut everything down lmao

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-16 22:46:25

basically u gotta turn down all the symptoms and turn up the transmission and resistance( has a greater chance to infect all, including madagascar) and make all hospitals close making vaccine impossible to complete or take very long to complete.. and then once u got all infected countries u CAN start turning the symptoms up.. but i suggest u do that once u got a certain amount of people infected

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-17 01:22:32

the important thing is that you have to infect all countries before getting the symptons back. but the governments also start closing the shipyards, airports, borders, when there are some infected persons (without symptons) in the neighbour state. sometimes you're lucky and often you fail because of one or two countries. still a great game.

ORLY?

BBS Signature

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-17 01:42:18

Acctually i just at this second have completley beaten pandemic 2
what i did was:
chose the highest evolving group
it started in cuba so airborne bonus
sold any active symptoms
waited half an hour and started using points on only transmission sources and resistance
all countries got infected even Madagascar
started spending points on symptom teirs but still turning off all symtoms that r already on
vaccine was only effective after all the population was infected
waited for enough points to buy all symptoms at once (long time)
right now im still waiting on all the points but i bet it wont take long after i get the symptoms for all to die :)

one of the most perfect viruses ive ever created playing pandemic2(best game ever!)

now im going to try to do it agian lol

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-17 01:52:36

ok i said right now im waiting for all the points to get all symptoms right now im at 22 and i added it up to be 181 points to get all the symptoms so im actualy going to wait it out and get it all so yall hope i can do it cause ive never heard of anyone doing this before lol

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-17 02:40:27

i just activated all symptoms at 1:40 am alabama time and in one second the death rate jumped from ) to 874 million!!! awesome

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-17 13:52:07

Nice tips on beating this game, thanks for posting...

<Sig Not Found>

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-17 19:11:43

OK. I don't know about everyone else, but no matter what, I get 82+ points in 42-43 days. Not 30. Because I saw that taking off symptoms helps you infect all countries, I wait until day 50, buy all transmission, turn off human only, and turn off all symptoms. Somehow, countries still close. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!?!? *frustration*

I may not look like much, but I'm pro at pretending to be a ninja.

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-17 19:18:17

never mind! got it...not a very good score tho...4875

I may not look like much, but I'm pro at pretending to be a ninja.

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-26 04:45:14

As far as pandemic 2 goes, DO NOT choose waterborne. It makes it so you can't up moisture resistance without hitting the water facs... and those flag rediculously fast. Also the creator really needs to put an airport or something on madagascar, sat around on my laurels waiting for the 1 in 100 chance of a ship going there but nope they just shut the port. There's no strategy to it anymore when that happens.

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-07-27 04:23:48

Explained here how to beat it: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9440 79

BBS Signature

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-08-08 13:44:09

unlock all symptoms...
THEN! get the Heart Failure!
then watch them all die!!!!
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
but first get i resistance to all drugs, cold, heat, moisture. And the get it ariborn and everything else!
Have fun!

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-08-08 16:38:55

Very nice guide, i am off to give the second game a solid third try and see if i can get to madagascar this time, first time i fell short of madagascar, second solid effort i just failed miserably .

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-08-08 16:39:46

What's with all these guides here lately?

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-08-08 18:28:26

madagascar SUCKS if the close the port before you can infect it than its game over for you. Reduce your visibility as much as possible and pray to jesus abraham and mohamad that you can infect it and kill every one of those SOBs The only thing worse than not being able to infect it in time, is starting out there and having it close down.

FYI the madagascarians are communist although they claim they are really Fascist

Tips of beating

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2008-08-25 11:25:17

That doesnt work on pandemic 2 though i made my virus invisible and harmless but they still noticed it and started shutting down airports

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2010-08-29 04:11:49

start in madagascar (keep on doing new game until you get this) as a bacteria then only have fever and pulmonary edema symptons + l2 resistances for everything but drug resistance + water and airborne transmissions...when you infect the whole world bring up symptons (and drug resistance if you like) for speedier deaths since there isnt that much the world can do but keep your visibility reasonable cos the goverment may try to make vaccines...but once greenlands free of life there should be no more hospitals since greenland is usually the last place to have open hospitals..

visibility low: so plp dont take too much notice of you
not too hight lethality and no drug resistance: plp will start dropping like flies and the goverment will take notice and start shutting everything off

this only worked for me in relaxed mode - may take some luck thou...and it took a lot of time

ps. you do realise this is meant for pandemic I ?

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2010-08-29 04:21:56

the pandemic II plp are trying to base the world on real facts, and there are NO airports in madagascar (damn real life there shoud be) but there should be more ships going in/out of there thou...and a water fac and hospital there. i mean cmon, theres gotta b at least 1 hospital there...what if sum1 gets seriously ill while visiting the place? a clinics not going to be very helpful.. there should be water facs and hospitals everywhere thou...

ps. you do realise this is meant to be about pandemic I ?

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2010-08-29 04:52:25

At 1/25/07 10:11 PM, HomerDough wrote: There's another way, lol

1. Go for like 30 days just pressing go
2. Disable all lethalities and human only in transmission.
3. Max out all the items in transmission except human only
4. Then keep pressing go until all the countries are infected.
5. With all your remaining skill points, max out lethalities
6. Now we play the waiting game (keep on clicking go until the world has no humans left)
7.You win.

This is a great way to win the game. I made a review telling(I hope) a way to beat Pandemic. If you want look for it in my review section in my profile.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2010-08-29 11:50:31

ok for pandemic 2 this is what i do..

1.) Pick Virus.
2) Start in Canada, New Zealand, Cuba, Greenland, West Europe, or Madagascar. If you do not get there restart.
3) Sell the starting symptoms, and buy sneezing (unless it is what you started with, just keep it).
4) Buy 1-1-1-0 resistances but no transmissions (they trigger closures).
5) Once four countries are infected, sell sneezing to get rid of visibility. 6) Wait until all countries are infected. If Madagascar closes its shipyards/borders or is not infected in 30 days, restart.
7) Buy all four drug resistances AND sneezing, coughing, and vomiting.
8) After a few days, unlock tiers 2-3, (do not buy tier 4 ever!) keeping whatever symptoms it gives you.
9) Buy fever, fatigue, diarrhea, pulmonary edema, and hypersensitivity. Then save for kidney failure and ataxia.

Hope this helped :D

Don't worry, i only ACT normal....

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2010-08-31 02:32:43

At 8/29/10 04:11 AM, lee076 wrote: start in madagascar (keep on doing new game until you get this) as a bacteria then only have fever and pulmonary edema symptons + l2 resistances for everything but drug resistance + water and airborne transmissions...

Please improve your grammar. Also, you bumped a TWO YEAR OLD THREAD.
Now go fuck yourself.

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:

: I have no sexual orientation

: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2010-10-10 17:09:23

I finally found a way to beat Madagascar and complete the mission.
Used a virus, immediately sold off any symptoms, then waited and waited and waited, building 60-plus evolution points before taking any other action.
The key seems to be getting ready to rapidly upgrade the virus and increase its spreading capabilities, BUT NOT BEFORE it naturally hops to a second country with its slow, slow natural spread.
Interestingly, the entire world was conquered, but the actual score was 45,000-something, much lower than the 60,000-plus score I got earlier with Madagascar and/or other isolated island regions left on the map. I'm still not sure how to get a high score AND conquer the whole world with the virus, but it did feel good to say so long to Madagascar. (Sorry, Freddy Mercury.)
Patience, patience, patience is the key.

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2010-10-10 20:44:58

Oh wow, this thread is neat, I found West Europe nearly impossible to infect though.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2011-11-13 09:42:12

Hey, I can't kill off Madagascar in Pandemic 2. Or even infect it, to be honest. Howwwwwww????????????????????

P.S: I figured out a way to pretty much wipe the whole world in fifteen minutes (accept madagascar... what is their problem? they just don't die!) SO first make your disease a parasite, it's less visible. Then build up resistance to all the drugs and the firt tier of everything else, then sell all symptoms and have it be carried by air or water (if you do water give it two more moisture res.). Now wait till the whole world is infected, then give it really deadly symptoms. Sometimes before you add the symptoms, or before anyone's really infected they develope a vaccine, but don't worry cuz once you add transmition, symptoms and resistance it takes them super long to develop it. Now once your syhmptoms have gotten some good use, change to different symptoms. This will throw everyone off guard, and the vaccine will take even longer to develope. Change your symptoms periodically throughout the game, but ALWAYS KEEP THEM DEADLY!

-Sodi

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2012-01-08 05:08:10

thanks, that helped a lot, what i was doing before was getting reststance before transmission, and before that, i found it really hard, so i wen on a website that enabled cheats (unlimited evolution points), which actually made it harder...

Response to Tips of beating "pandemic" 2014-08-03 18:56:42

At 1/8/12 05:08 AM, Ewan42 wrote: thanks, that helped a lot, what i was doing before was getting reststance before transmission, and before that, i found it really hard, so i wen on a website that enabled cheats (unlimited evolution points), which actually made it harder...

Why play the game, when you can play it for REAL, with the ebola virus?:

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/07/30/ebolas-patient-zero-has-been-identified-global-transmission-has-begun/