00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Altongoodbottle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Where is/How to? Memberlist

109,046 Views | 1,135 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-01 08:34:07

Dont worry Dogma you didnt violate anything at most im glad you were honest.....

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-02 20:16:53

New misson for: Afterburner
Gimme an email addy that works!

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-03 17:08:24

What are the rules of being a where is/how to member? If I can be one, i want to.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-03 17:40:42

At 8/3/03 05:08 PM, eviLudy wrote: What are the rules of being a where is/how to member? If I can be one, i want to.

Rules
Pre join rules
Don’t spam alot (Only in spam topics)
Must be liked by must get on well with most members
Must have over 20 posts (On where is/how to help board)
Must have the desire to help (Want to help people)
Must visit the forum regularly (At least 3 times a week)
Must have experience on the board (About a week)

After join rules
Don’t Spam alot (Only in spam topics)
Visit the board whenever (as many times as you want a week, not set amount)
Members can only be in 4 maximum clubs (No club whores!)
Information and help given out must be accurate (Help as much as you like)
Don’t discuss where to get Rom’s, serial numbers or flash for free (illegal you could be banned plus we get in shit with NG)

Follow the rules and you might be nominated.

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-03 17:44:09

At 8/3/03 05:40 PM, leeboy105 wrote: Pre join rules
Don’t spam alot (Only in spam topics)

Never spammed

Must be liked by must get on well with most members

Im in the top 50 populair, nobody hates me

Must have over 20 posts (On where is/how to help board)

Alot more than 20

Must have the desire to help (Want to help people)

Check my Actionscript topic or all my where is how to posts

Must visit the forum regularly (At least 3 times a week)

Unless Im not home, i visit each forum several times a day

Must have experience on the board (About a week)

Do I have enough board exp? Im sure of it

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-03 17:46:02

Changes
There are some changes currently happening people, me and Gfox have been speaking for the last 2 nights about possible changes and tehy are going through their final changes before everyone is notifyed.

EviLudy
EviLudy if you follow those rules Im sure you will get a vote after all anyone can as long as they are good boys and gals.

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-03 17:47:32

Just bide your time. You might eventually be nominated, you might not. It is better that you are not so 'forward' about joining the club. Just continue to follow the rules.

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-03 17:52:32

At 8/3/03 05:47 PM, leeboy105 wrote: Just bide your time. You might eventually be nominated, you might not. It is better that you are not so 'forward' about joining the club. Just continue to follow the rules.

Ok ill follow the rules as I use to. But be sure to contact me if im nominated cuz I wont be checken this topic everytime im here.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-03 18:04:07

Well only contact you if you win the nomination not if your in it.....

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 00:41:48

Hi everyone, it's my first visite in the thread (well ... last time I visited the Where is/How to I'm not sure it was here) and I think it look interesting. I haven't read all the pages so I hope I understand your motives well. At first, I thought (by seeing the members) it was a kind of B/P points club ... obviously I saw I was wrong. The idea of a "helpers" community sounds good to me :)

I'm not really sure of the way to join it but I did look at the rules and I think I have the required qualities to join. I'm not that good in flash but I think I have some skills that might be usefull for someone who need help.

So ... for now, I'm giving you my candidature ...

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 04:02:37

At 8/4/03 12:41 AM, Mystboy wrote: At first, I thought (by seeing the members) it was a kind of B/P points club ... obviously I saw I was wrong.

Haha, that's quite a reasonable mistake.

The idea of a "helpers" community sounds good to me :)

As it does to all the members of the club (I assume).

I'm not really sure of the way to join it but I did look at the rules and I think I have the required qualities to join.

I've no problem with you Mystboy, but just hang around and see what happens. Oh and btw, you don't need to be any good at Flash to be in the club, I don't even have it!

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 05:46:38

Mystboy
Actually mystboy long ago before I left for 3 months you had recieved a nominiation....

All these people
Recon told me a week back after we let in crono- to cut back on letting people in, but now that our club is growing and becoming more popular alot more people are wanting to become involved. This is bad because some people are only going to want to join just say they are in another club, so what Im saying is members dont be tricked some of these people could just have that motive.....
However still treat everyone fairly and we will see what happens....

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 07:54:27

At 7/31/03 04:02 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Where is/How to? Member ID .... NG username ..................... NG user ID .. NG date ..... Wi/Ht? date

damn 14 members now?? well welcome crono thisisnotdoldio dogma and aftherburner =)

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 10:58:59

At 8/4/03 12:41 AM, Mystboy wrote: Hi everyone, it's my first visite in the thread (well ... last time I visited the Where is/How to I'm not sure it was here) and I think it look interesting. I haven't read all the pages so I hope I understand your motives well. At first, I thought (by seeing the members) it was a kind of B/P points club ... obviously I saw I was wrong. The idea of a "helpers" community sounds good to me :)

I started this memberlist back in April, actually, but it's been off the 1st page (hell, off the top 3 pages) for several months now, till I revived it a week ago because of all the new members streaming in.

Up till recently, this was never really the headquarters thread for Wi/Ht, but spancker thinks this is a better place to post about rule changes and new members and so forth than level up!, so now it seems it kinda is. But it's primary purpose is to keep people in and out of the club updated about the users, and provide user_IDs, in case people can't find other people due to name changes or whatever. ID numbers don't change, so the profiles are still easily findable here.

I'm not really sure of the way to join it but I did look at the rules and I think I have the required qualities to join. I'm not that good in flash but I think I have some skills that might be usefull for someone who need help.

The way to join it is to say, like you just have, that you'd like to, and then just wait. #;-}>

Just keep on helpin' out the noobs, as I've seen you do some, and hanging out in level up! and so forth, and you'll probably be added sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure of spancker's actual policy on rates of adding new members, but he's never suggested we have too many now (with some of the older members not able to come to NG anymore, or very often, in fact, he's complained that we don't have ENOUGH members, so 14 is probably just the start of our recent expansion).

We had 2 people within 2 days in mid July, and then 2 people within 2 days at the end of the month as well, so we'll see, but you and eviludy could be added fairly soon if you don't drop off the face of the earth. Have fun posting till then, it's not like being a member entitles you to special rights around here or anything, TheJoe and NGling help out as much as most people in the membership, but they want to remain freelance, and no one's got any problem with that, after all.

Oh, and BTW, I can understand you thinking we were like the blam club or something, but that's mostly because A) most of our members are fairly high in b/p ranking, including several of us on the top 50 blam/save list, and B) my top 50 list topics and Dogma's 51+ b/p list. But those are for informative purposes more than competitive ones (well, mostly #;-}>).

It's really just the title of "level up!," (and the occasional actual level up! post) that gives the real impression that there's stat bragging at the heart of it all. It's just that the membership was built on the foundation of spancker's superold level up! topic, that's all.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 11:07:14

At 8/4/03 07:54 AM, _lightning_ wrote:
At 7/31/03 04:02 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Where is/How to? Member ID .... NG username ..................... NG user ID .. NG date ..... Wi/Ht? date
damn 14 members now?? well welcome crono thisisnotdoldio dogma and aftherburner =)

Holy CRAP! I saw your name in the "last replied to topic" slots, but I really didn't believe it till I saw a post from you. #;-}>

What are you doing back on the forums, man?! I thought you were gone for 6 weeks! Anyway, kick ass. Great to have you around. Are you back for good, or is it temporary?

And always bringin' the comic relief. Doldio! I should start calling that lame-ass O-bot that. #;-}>

And aft-her-burner. heh heh. You still got it, dude. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 11:19:44

At 8/4/03 11:07 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Holy CRAP! I saw your name in the "last replied to topic" slots, but I really didn't believe it till I saw a post from you. #;-}>

What are you doing back on the forums, man?! I thought you were gone for 6 weeks! Anyway, kick ass. Great to have you around. Are you back for good, or is it temporary?

And always bringin' the comic relief. Doldio! I should start calling that lame-ass O-bot that. #;-}>

And aft-her-burner. heh heh. You still got it, dude. #;-}>

lol nope i'm back again i was (only) on vacation for 3¼ weeks =)i all ready saw that i have some catching up to do with b/s points and i see i have too hurry becouse spanckers back =D

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 12:45:18

That he is and he wants his titles back, i want my 31st rank back!

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 13:30:54

At 8/4/03 12:45 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: That he is and he wants his titles back, i want my 31st rank back!

OOOOOOOO its going to be a bloody battle going on in the ranks........anybody got a band-aid on standby?

Where is/How to? Memberlist

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 14:17:35

At 8/4/03 05:46 AM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Mystboy
Actually mystboy long ago before I left for 3 months you had recieved a nominiation....

Well ... I guess that nomination thing is good for me ... even if I don't know what it have to do with the whole thing :P

@MR_JAMES and gfoxcox : well ... I'll do like what you're suggesting me, keep posting and helping. That's the point of the club after all :)

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 14:20:24

Oh and ... I just realized your name wasn't gfoxcox but gfoxCOOK :(

I'm sorry for all the times I've been mistaken =P

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 16:12:47

Gfoxcox thats a good one, lol
But seriously dont sweat Mystboy that nomination means nothing now, unfortunatly well it does kinda improve your chances but dont worry youll soon know whats going to happen by saturday of tis week at latest.....

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 16:16:39

At 8/4/03 04:12 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Gfoxcox thats a good one, lol
But seriously dont sweat Mystboy that nomination means nothing now, unfortunatly well it does kinda improve your chances but dont worry youll soon know whats going to happen by saturday of tis week at latest.....

No problem. You can take your time ... anyway I wanted to be really fixed on what this was truly about before joining. I have time for this now :)

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 16:19:38

Yea plus itll take about a day or two for members to get used the the new Voting po....
Oh I almost let a new feature slip out.......

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 17:14:16

At 8/4/03 01:30 PM, XkwiziTOnE wrote:
At 8/4/03 12:45 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: That he is and he wants his titles back, i want my 31st rank back!
OOOOOOOO its going to be a bloody battle going on in the ranks........anybody got a band-aid on standby?

there doesn't need too be a bloody battle he can keep #31 if he really whant that but i'll just have too get #30 then =)

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 17:34:07

At 8/4/03 04:19 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Yea plus itll take about a day or two for members to get used the the new Voting po....
Oh I almost let a new feature slip out.......

A new feature? I see you was trying to let something out to be known, I am listening go ahead the floor or should I say the post is yours to proclaim some valueable information so we are all payin cloase attention carry-on............

**Overwhelming Silence**

At 8/4/03 05:14 PM, _lightning_ wrote:
At 8/4/03 01:30 PM, XkwiziTOnE wrote:
there doesn't need too be a bloody battle he can keep #31 if he really whant that but i'll just have too get #30 then =)

Oh ok thats good just wanted to make sure you know, must keep everyone safe and away from germs if a wound is left open......

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 19:39:18

Dont worry this wednesdays file will cover everything involved in this new system of election for new mebmers, oh god I keep revealing more.....

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-04 20:32:26

At 8/4/03 07:39 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Dont worry this wednesdays file will cover everything involved in this new system of election for new mebmers, oh god I keep revealing more.....

Aaaaah I see hmmmmm I will keep a very very close look out for that, interesting in knowing whats new indeed......

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-05 04:01:22

Yea whats up with that, I can see loadsa funny things like this happening:
Phantom spancker:So hw long you been helping on the board 0-bot
0-bot:bout a week
Phantom spancker:Welll we think your gold your in
0-bot:its me dobio, im already in :-p
Phantom spancker:.........Dobio, I fucking hate you....
LOL
Thats how it could be bortrayed or something like that
(I dont hate dobio it just suited the fake convo :-)

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-05 14:09:57

Phantom spancker:Welll we think your gold your in
0-bot:its me dobio, im already in :-p
Phantom spancker:.........Dobio, I fucking hate you....

LOL! Pretty funny considering the fact there is a big DOBIO in his sig :P

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2003-08-05 23:42:50

At 8/5/03 12:54 AM, Mr_Giggles wrote:
At 8/4/03 11:07 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
LOL, O-Bot was to prove a point.

That's all.

I'm on a name changing spree.

So we've all noticed. Hell, you change it more often than pox does. I'm so fucking glad you aren't on the top 50 list, Doldio. #;-}>

BBS Signature