00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented

7,578 Views | 80 Replies

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 16:14:23

That thing is nothing compard to the spartan halo suit.That thing is a peice of hippster crap.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 16:15:41

At 1/15/07 04:14 PM, TrantaLocked wrote: That thing is nothing compard to the spartan halo suit.That thing is a peice of hippster crap.

Too bad the Halo suit doesn't exist, shitface.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 16:32:23

At 1/15/07 04:15 PM, TehreTard wrote:
At 1/15/07 04:14 PM, TrantaLocked wrote: That thing is nothing compard to the spartan halo suit.That thing is a peice of hippster crap.
Too bad the Halo suit doesn't exist, shitface.

Too bad the topic is called "Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented.And thats when i expected to see a suit that atleast LOOKED like a halo suit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 16:32:48

At 1/15/07 05:10 AM, ArabFreak wrote:

:that looks like something that came out of Halo.

Now all we need is a giant ring world, and alian race that wants to take over earth, and mutant zombie things that eat people alive.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 17:24:01

At 1/15/07 05:10 AM, ArabFreak wrote: This guy created a cheap, light-weight, bulletproof suit that looks like something that came out of Halo.

It's funny how so many people missed this sentence and went about saying "It suxx0rz cuz it looks teh heavie adn eckspensiv." I think this suit looks awesome and sounds really innovative. There's just two things that I didn't like about the suit.
Pepper spray: What if the area was windy? Then it would be rendered practically useless and you might wind up getting some friendlies.

\Cock clock: come on, that's it? Clocks are better off attached to the arm or maybe the helmet They should install a mini toilet system because it would really suck having to fight with a full bladder... or at least add more protection :p

Other than that, I'm really liking this idea.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 17:27:22

At 1/15/07 11:06 AM, kylexthexpostman wrote:
At 1/15/07 05:22 AM, Punisher wrote: What the fuck?
When did the BLACK ranger have the chest shield?
Look how many idiots answered.

Don't shed your anger on us just because you're too young to have lived back when Power Rangers was the thing to be.

good times.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 17:51:07

At 1/15/07 05:24 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Pepper spray: What if the area was windy? Then it would be rendered practically useless and you might wind up getting some friendlies.

It's not "real" pepper spray, it's an illegal substance that instantly kills whoever is getting sprayed.

\Cock clock: come on, that's it? Clocks are better off attached to the arm or maybe the helmet

Yeah, I mean how hard would it be to put a digital clock into the inner display of the helmet?

More information:

Already, he says, the suit has stood up to bullets from high-powered weapons, including an elephant gun.

The suit was empty during the ballistics tests, but he's more than ready to put it on and face live fire. "I would do it in an instant," he said. "Bring it on."

The whole suit -- which draws design inspiration from Star Wars, RoboCop, Batman and video games -- is made from high-impact plastic lined with ceramic bullet protection over ballistic foam. Its many features include compartments for emergency morphine and salt, a knife and emergency light. Built into the forearms are a small recording device, a pepper-spray gun and a detachable transponder that can be swallowed in case of trouble. Dangling between the legs, that would be a clock. In the helmet, there's a solar-powered fresh-air system and a drinking tube attached to a canteen in the small of the back.

The whole suit comes in at 18 kilograms. It covers everything but the fingertips and the major joints, and could be mass-produced for about $2,000, Hurtubise says. He said he hopes to earn enough of a living from the suit so he can keep on inventing, but the real reason he did this, he says, is "for the boys."

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 17:54:04

At 1/15/07 05:52 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: Yeah its a wonderful concept, except it would weigh far too much (if it was bullet and fragmentation proof), and limit mobility.

he said it was light weight. probly 20 lb

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 17:59:25

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 18:24:00

I really think this should be tested in a live fire situation. I really think it looks like it might have some potential. But, the more gadgets you give to soldiers, the sloppier they become. They begin to believe that they're super-capable and may make stupid decisions.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 18:31:52

Thats kind of bulky dont you think?
there gonna have to make that lighter and easier to move/use

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 18:32:58

i see u saw this and got it from www.vgcats.com (sry no link)

GTFO,STFU,FUBAR,OMFG

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 18:42:22

At 1/15/07 05:27 AM, Guitardude wrote: lol this is a joke.

Freakin Canadians.

The telephone was a big fucking joke too asshole

"What is a joke exactly?"

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 18:46:38

wow it does look like something from halo

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 18:52:18

I'm dissapointed... I watched the whole thing and that asshole never finshed a sentace with "Aye". Some canadian he is >:(

Also, why look at Starwars for insperation? Sure the soldiers wore body armor but what good did it do them? They all died in one shot anyway... might as well have been naked if you ask me.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 18:55:43

At 1/15/07 05:13 AM, PelvicThrusters wrote: That looks familiar...

I was actually thinking of the 'Beetle borgs' more than the Power rangers.

Whatever, same concept.

But in which series did the Black ranger have a crest on his chest?

lol, crest chest.

smoke meth and hail satan

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 19:08:38

At 1/15/07 03:49 PM, Mercator wrote: Looks expensive.

It can be mass-produced for only around $2,000.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 19:15:39

At 1/15/07 05:22 AM, Punisher wrote: What the fuck?
When did the BLACK ranger have the chest shield?

go here and answers can be solved within time bro!

I'm the only pretty boy on NewGrounds!

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 19:28:49

I would join the army if it ment I could walk in the line of fire and not get hurt.

Think of the look on a terrorist's face when he guns you down, only for you to get back up and walk slowly towards him. He panics, shooting every round he can it you. But you just keep walking and walking, untill you get right up to his face and quietly say:

"Please, don't do that k?"

^_^

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 19:53:27

That looks pretty cool.

I'd like to see him actually get shot but you can't get everything I guess.

It's not like it matters though; in the future wars will be fought by tiny robots deep in space or on the tops of mountains and it is the future soldiers job only to build and maintain these robots.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 19:56:19

i gotta admit, thats pretty cool

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 20:09:33

yea, id be scared 2 c squads of those guys coming at me too

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 22:28:29

Very nice.. I heard him say "aboat" instead of "about", though. :)

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 22:30:01

At 1/15/07 05:13 AM, PelvicThrusters wrote: That looks familiar...

Motherfucker stole my TV.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 22:45:14

There would probably be a elite group of 2000-4000 Soldiers that would be trained in a special program for this suit. Imagine a small battalion of people that look like they are from a video game walking down your street getting attacked by snipers and such. A nerds orgasm.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 22:50:43

Excuse me sir...But are you looking at my clock?

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 22:58:41

Doesn't look as much Halo, a little more Gears of War.

Because of the breasts.

Bulletproof

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 23:15:59

Damn. I've had dreams about this shit... Except, the people in the suits could jump out of moving helicopters and hit the ground running.

{It is not ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests}

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-16 00:10:35

Oh man if I could buy that I would wear it every day.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-16 00:14:43

At 1/15/07 07:34 AM, Dry-Ice wrote: Sure it's 'Bulletproof', but is it Bulletsproof.

I mean like, what if he gets constantly shot with thousands of bullets. You can't tell me that thing is indestructible. If anything, it'll just make the wearer more careless because he thinks he's invincible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Hurtubise

Read the part on 1313 Paste.

-J