00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,516,559 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-09-11 03:39:46

Smackdown was all about Roman Reigns yet again. He has to fight Finn Balor, and then the new Brock Lesnar. Balor was tired of losing so he turned into the Demon. Which is basically Balor in Black face.

Rollins and Edge had a match where Seth just beat the crap out of Edge. Pretty boring watching Edge get beat up.

WWE continues to be so lame.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-09-11 16:57:04

WWE’s Brock Lesnar look-alike gets a new name, is ‘coming soon’ (msn.com)

iu_415657_1019510.pngRemember Parker Boudreaux, the University of Central Florida football player WWE signed earlier this year who looks so much like Brock Lesnar. He’s no longer Parker Boudreaux, but rather Gunnar Harland. He is from a quality college where a certain Legend attended.

Will they try to say that Gunnar is Brock's long lost son? If so, I am calling in right here and now on 9/11/21 at 4:15 PM.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-09-14 03:21:35

On Raw tonight, it was mostly boring like usual. Toward the end of the program, Randy Orten and Lashley had a great match for the championship. Lashley retained the title, but hurt his knee. After that, Big E thought about using money in the bank, but it went to a very late commercial. After that match it was official, Big E cashes in Money in the Bank to win the WWE championship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-09-15 02:29:16

THE INDI-LUMIS WEDDING, BRON BREAKER DEBUTS & MORE: WWE NXT 2.0 DEBUT VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS | PWInsider.com

NXT actually had a wedding that was not interrupted by another wrestler. The wedding did have the minister taken out by a wrestling move.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-09-15 02:33:03

WWE Draft returns Oct. 1 on SmackDown, Oct. 4 on Raw

The timing is just about right, with Extreme Rules taking place on Sept. 26 just five days before. That gives WWE the chance to use Monday Night Raw that week to wrap up whatever storylines they need to in preparation for changing the roster around.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-09-17 04:36:33

It sounds like WWE banned the name ‘Rick Steiner’ during Bron Breakker’s debut (msn.com)

iu_420576_1019510.pngNXT 2.0 premiered this week (Sept. 14) with Rick Steiner’s son wrestling under his new ring name, Bron Breakker. He defeated LA Knight in the opening match of the night.

After that match was over, Brooks Jensen made his debut in a tag team match against Imperium. The commentary team noted that Jensen is a second generation wrestler, which was a nod to his father, former WWE wrestler Bull Buchanan.

No such reference was ever made to Rick Steiner during Breakker’s debut match.

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez discussed this situation on Wrestling Observer Radio, where Meltzer indicated that Rick Steiner’s name was added to WWE’s list of banned words.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-09-21 05:10:14

On Raw tonight, they moved Roman Reigns to RAW. Both champions on RAW will never work. Looks like Big E will be traveling to Smackdown this week. It was another snooze fest of an episode.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2021-10-26 21:08:37

Anyone have a soft spot for the Ruthless Agression era? shit was wild

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2022-06-17 10:55:32

Vince McMahon Steps Down as WWE CEO and Chairman; Stephanie McMahon Named Interim CEO.

I have to give credit to the WWE for their very long-term storytelling here. Turns out the Alliance ended up winning the invasion storyline.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-04-02 23:47:37

B-b-but it was supposed to be Cody's night. :(

iu_938560_1658435.webp

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-04-03 11:27:52

At 4/2/23 11:47 PM, ZJ wrote: B-b-but it was supposed to be Cody's night. :(

I was there (both nights). Everyone lost their shit when Roman pinned him. I’ll give WWE credit that they put on exciting Wrestlemanias. Granted if they did that with the rest of their weekly programs and other shows, I’d still regularly watch.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-04-03 16:49:33

At 4/3/23 11:27 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:
I was there (both nights). Everyone lost their shit when Roman pinned him. I’ll give WWE credit that they put on exciting Wrestlemanias. Granted if they did that with the rest of their weekly programs and other shows, I’d still regularly watch.

You gonna show up for tonight's post-Wrestlemania Raw?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-04-03 17:05:42

At 4/3/23 04:49 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 4/3/23 11:27 AM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:
You gonna show up for tonight's post-Wrestlemania Raw?

I have floorside seats across from the hard cam. I can’t wait for J. Jonah Jameson to come out and announce the sell of WWE, and demand pictures of Spider-Man.

iu_939162_1249162.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-04-03 18:38:18

At 4/3/23 05:05 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: I have floorside seats across from the hard cam.

For reference:

iu_939246_1249162.png

Much better (and still cheaper) than the wrestlemania seats over the weekend.

iu_939247_1249162.png

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-08-08 19:38:39

Alright, poll time:

As of this writing (August of 2023), which top champion are you more into: AEW's MJF or WWE's Roman Reigns? Give reasons if you can.

iu_1045890_1658435.webp

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-08-18 11:24:42

At 8/8/23 07:38 PM, ZJ wrote: Alright, poll time:

As of this writing (August of 2023), which top champion are you more into: AEW's MJF or WWE's Roman Reigns? Give reasons if you can.

I would say AEW MJF, But I may be very biased.

I don't know why, but Roman Reigns stills feels a bit blank to me, I still see him just as someone who got pushed mostly because of his connexions and looks (even if it's strange to say that, because it's very common, even among wrestler that I love the most ) but It might be that I'm a bit frustrated because I consider some other wrestlers who does merit to become the face of the wwe. Like Cody Rhoades by pure hasard ah ah.

But Didn't seen a lot of AEW but MJF, everytime I saw him, oh boy does he deliver and manage to make laugh so much. I really like his character and how he manage to keep the role of the old bad guy who would never break character in every content I've saw him. That remind me of old wrestler, but I don't know how he manage to look natural in it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-08-18 11:25:14

And you which one is your favorite and why ?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-08-24 17:27:52

R.I.P. Terry Funk.

He was one who made hardcore wrestling cool in ECW and in Japan along with quite a few others of course, and before that he was a champion in the National Wrestling Alliance in the 70's and 80's, going tie to toe with Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes and the Briscos.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-08-24 18:54:04 (edited 2023-08-24 19:07:06)

WWE legend Bray Wyatt dies aged 36 | Metro News

WWE boss Triple H revealed the tragic news on Thursday and tweeted: ‘Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda – also known as Bray Wyatt – unexpectedly passed earlier today.

I can't believe it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-08-27 20:54:23

At 8/24/23 06:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: WWE legend Bray Wyatt dies aged 36 | Metro News

WWE boss Triple H revealed the tragic news on Thursday and tweeted: ‘Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda – also known as Bray Wyatt – unexpectedly passed earlier today.

I can't believe it.

Literally so sad, One of the best professional wrestlers to come about in some time. Super talented and incredibly unique. I'm really glad WWE did it right with the tribute show to him and Funk.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-09-05 19:16:35

At 8/18/23 11:25 AM, YSNartworks wrote:

MJF. I prefer chickenshit heels who just barely scrape and need to cheat to win over monsters who just destroy everyone like Roman has become most of the time.

It's fun when you have to see what creative way MJF will come out on top in his next match as opposed to waiting for Reigns to hit another spear for another lukewarm win.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-09-05 19:50:28

At 9/5/23 07:16 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 8/18/23 11:25 AM, YSNartworks wrote:

MJF. I prefer chickenshit heels who just barely scrape and need to cheat to win over monsters who just destroy everyone like Roman has become most of the time.

It's fun when you have to see what creative way MJF will come out on top in his next match as opposed to waiting for Reigns to hit another spear for another lukewarm win.

Yeah like Eddie Guerrero back in the day the crafty heel is always a banger

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-11-08 13:38:58

Just popping in to say that I've been watching Dark Side of Wrestling these past few days. Lots of stuff I never knew, as well as more details on some of the things I did know. Like I knew the name Bruiser Brody, but had never really seen anything about him.

Been a long time since I posted here. I haven't been keeping up with wrestling so I felt it would be disingenuous for me to hang around. Stopped watching around 2010 or so. No idea what has been going on in the world of pro wrestling anymore.

How has everyone been doing?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-11-26 15:35:37

Anyone catch CM Punk’s 17th return to Chicago this year, this time for WWE?

Might actually buy wrestlemania tickets in Philly in April. Hopefully he isn’t as injury-prone as he was in the short time he was in AEW (granted everyone seems to be injury-prone there with all the dumb shit they’re pulling off each night).

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-11-30 01:02:06

At 11/26/23 03:35 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: Anyone catch CM Punk’s 17th return to Chicago this year, this time for WWE?

Might actually buy wrestlemania tickets in Philly in April. Hopefully he isn’t as injury-prone as he was in the short time he was in AEW (granted everyone seems to be injury-prone there with all the dumb shit they’re pulling off each night).

Part of me is overjoyed to see him back in WWE, the other part of me is worried and sad. You seen how he ended off the show right? His face was right in the camera and he said "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make money." Classic Punk right there. AEW is no longer an option so he wants to spite AEW and go work for "the enemy". Of course, I really do hope I'm wrong about this. I truly hope Punk's "I'm home" speech was from the heart and not scripted bullshit. I want to hope that so bad but I really don't know if that's the case. I'll definitely be watching WWE a lot more frequently now, I want to see what kind of things there gonna do with Punk. I just hope the guy's ego doesn't get in the way of giving us some of the dream matchups fans have been talking about for years.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-12-01 12:42:57

At 11/30/23 01:02 AM, DaHorniAccount wrote: Part of me is overjoyed to see him back in WWE, the other part of me is worried and sad. You seen how he ended off the show right? His face was right in the camera and he said "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make money." Classic Punk right there. AEW is no longer an option so he wants to spite AEW and go work for "the enemy".

CM Punk did try to go back a couple of years ago, and it sounded like Vince McMahon shot that down. Fox Network even pushed for it, which is why he was relegated to that silly show they had.

Yes it was a petty move. That seems like what drove Punk out of AEW too; pettiness. Granted pro wrestling in general has almost too much history of pettiness. I took his “I’m here to make money” line as 50% a wink and nod to the people in the know why he’s back after so many years (I guess they actually think there’s people out there who are unaware of the world outside WWE), and 49% of it is him referring to “making money” as more a reference to “I’ll put up with someone I personally had issues with (Triple H) to sell a story that people will watch and we’ll all profit from that”. And 1% was that was just an outright accurate statement.

Of course, I really do hope I'm wrong about this. I truly hope Punk's "I'm home" speech was from the heart and not scripted bullshit. I want to hope that so bad but I really don't know if that's the case. I'll definitely be watching WWE a lot more frequently now, I want to see what kind of things there gonna do with Punk. I just hope the guy's ego doesn't get in the way of giving us some of the dream matchups fans have been talking about for years.

I’m still betting he injures himself. 45 is 45 after all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-12-08 13:57:44

I’m in Providence tonight for WWE Smackdown Live Tribute For The Troops Sponsored By Ruffles and the Local Medical Facility. Thankfully I’m at a hotel right next to this town’s podunk amateur hockey arena; makes drinking until wrestling is exciting again easy.

Starting the day out at Trinity Brewhouse enjoying their 14% Belgian Strawberry ale. I’m sure CM Punk would enjoy it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-12-08 22:44:30

“You can’t go around punching people in the face, it’s 2023 guys!” -CM Punk

iu_1127180_1249162.png

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2023-12-09 00:02:57

I got video of Charlotte Flair’s injury.

https://youtube.com/shorts/A8nm8N4yThI?si=Mm5sloOVcUrRlIQD

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2024-01-14 21:50:57

TNA landed the Nic Nemeth (FKA Dolph Ziggler).

Super happy for the guy and I want him to succeed, but I'm still a little baffled as to why AEW didn't scoop him up after WWE booted his butt to the curb. He's gonna do great work wherever he does if given a proper shot.

iu_1147014_1658435.webp

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature