00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DezTenShot67 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,535,608 Views | 29,941 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 00:56:59

At 3/17/07 09:11 PM, kittenheart24 wrote: Don't worry, you're wrong, because DQ doesn't ever happen at wrestlemanis, especially the main event. I meant that I'm having visions of batista leaving wm23 the World Heavyweight Champion.

That would be great, making Wrestlemania 23 Undertakers last match and him losing, just so unexpecting and no one would see it coming.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 01:00:26

At 3/17/07 09:11 PM, kittenheart24 wrote: Don't worry, you're wrong, because DQ doesn't ever happen at wrestlemanis, especially the main event. I meant that I'm having visions of batista leaving wm23 the World Heavyweight Champion.

There have been double countouts and I'm pretty sure DQ's at Mania before. In the early days a lot of the matches wound up either being short, or having fucky finishes unless it was the main event.

Batista ain't leaving with that belt if WWE has any brains, because if he does, that building will fucking riot, and I think a lot of old school fans will want their money back, and when they can't get that, will stop watching WWE programming period. Batista is not leaving with that belt.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 01:02:28

At 3/18/07 01:00 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Batista ain't leaving with that belt if WWE has any brains, because if he does, that building will fucking riot, and I think a lot of old school fans will want their money back, and when they can't get that, will stop watching WWE programming period. Batista is not leaving with that belt.

As long as they don't make it one sided, they got to make Undertaker lucky to have got it.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 01:49:50

At 3/18/07 01:02 AM, MegaGold wrote: As long as they don't make it one sided, they got to make Undertaker lucky to have got it.

Oh I'm sure it'll be a pretty damn even match. I've heard WWE wants to teach big Dave a bit of a lesson, but he has been built as one of their biggest stars so I don't see them burying him in any way shape or form here. I would have to think this'll be very close, and Taker may wind up winning this with something that isn't even one of his signature moves or they'll do both guys kicking out of each other's finishers to put over how tough they are.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 10:20:32

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- WWE has recently signed model, Christine LeMaster. Christine is 24 years of age, and is from the Tampa, Fl area. WWE has a handshake deal with the Hawaiian Tropics modeling agency to sign up their top models after they have run their course as new faces in modeling.

- Its also being said that WWE has signed a total of five wrestlers from Chaotic Wrestling.

- The signing doesn't stop there as WWE has also signed Guy Dudley (Lou D'Angeli) to help book smaller buildings in the Northeast.

Great... More models with no wrestling ability. They should just get rid of the womans title and be done with it.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 12:57:51

At 3/18/07 10:20 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Things that make me sad

As much as I love big tits and what not, I love them that much more when their bouncing around and fighting and what not. Also, que first post in ages in the WWE club.

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 12:58:32

At 3/18/07 01:49 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: I would have to think this'll be very close, and Taker may wind up winning this with something that isn't even one of his signature moves or they'll do both guys kicking out of each other's finishers to put over how tough they are.

I don't think Taker needs to win with something that isn't his signiture move. Both Taker and Batista have multiple finishing moves: Batista has the Spinebuster and the Powerbomb, and Taker has the Chokeslam, the Last Ride and the Tombstone. I think all five moves could end up being used, but the Tombstone has been the most unbeatable through the generations, with even the greats being beaten by it.
There'd be no shame for Batista losing clean to the Tombstone, especially if he kicks out of everything else thrown at him.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-18 23:52:36

So if Chris Benoit is moving to Raw after wrestlemania... does that mean MVP wins at wrestlemania to keep that title at smackdown???

And so Edge is out of action until Wrestlemania... due to his fractured jaw? I hope Edge doesn't win at wrestlemania... someone else like CM punk or Kennedy should.

So Lashley is going to participate in the masterlock challenge? I bet they will have Lashley break that lock because Lashley is superman and he will never lose his title before wrestlemania. Umaga probably won't lose his title also before wrestlemania. When was the last time Lashley LOST a match? Lashley will probably beat Umaga aka Shriveled up monkey penis.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 00:32:43

I'm betting that Umaga will attack Lashly the moment Masters starts to lose his grip. Lashly is the champ of his brand, does he really need to be the one to break the masterlock?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 01:54:17

At 3/19/07 12:32 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I'm betting that Umaga will attack Lashly the moment Masters starts to lose his grip. Lashly is the champ of his brand, does he really need to be the one to break the masterlock?

Does it even matter who finally breaks the masterlock at this point? That whole thing has run it's frigging course and nobody give's a rat's ass anymore. WWE just loves Masters but can't figure out anything to do with him because he sucks and no one cares.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 06:54:36

Very true. I'm not a fan of Masters, but he does have a decent gimmick going. Just no momentum or anything of significance to do right now.

I didn't even realize that there was a match from ECW on the card for WM. I was checking to see how full the card was, since Carlito, Flair, London and Kendrick are currently not part of it. Not having Flair on WM doesn't seem right to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 12:12:04

Credit: PWInsider.com

- This June WWE was scheduling to release a three disc “Best Of The Rock” DVD set. The Rock was asked if he could help promote the DVD set when it was released and he refused. With that being said, they might not be releasing the DVD after all.

I'd buy a Best of the Rock, so I hope they come out with it anyway. Rock was a very big part of when I really got into watching the WWE so it would be nice to see some of those matches he had, like with HHH, Mankind, Austin and others. Plus if they include some of his awesome and often hilarious promo's that would kick ass.

- This week Mick Foley’s third autobiography will be debuting in 7th place on the New York Times bestsellers list. Although his first two made their debut in the first place, 'The Hardcore Dairies' did pretty good considering the lack of marketing on WWE television until recently.

I need to go and find it. Bookstores aren't really around where I live.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 15:27:50

At 3/19/07 12:12 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I need to go and find it. Bookstores aren't really around where I live.

You should think about it first.. I've heard that its not all that good and its definitely not as controversial as Foley makes it out to be.

As far as Masters is concerned.... He sucks. I get the same reaction that Masters does, and I get no reaction. No one cares about him, his stupid Masterlock or pretty much anything else that has to do with him. He's just another guy with muscles who's on the RAW roster because of Vince's weird obssesion with big muscly guys.

And we all know JBL won't wrestle tonight, so what will we get? JBL gets superkicked and the match ends in 10 seconds, or will we get a replacement?

And one more thing.... Benoit better not tap out against Cena tonight.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 18:57:15

They will have Cena and Michaels win because they are supermen too and they need to make them look good for wrestlemania just like Umaga and Lashley.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 19:00:05

Some big news to report... This is a long read.

While continuing their investigation into the alleged steroid distribution network in Florida that has implicated numerous pro athletes, the magazine's website posted a story today where they reported that they have documents that show a number of WWE wrestlers' names have been linked to the investigation.

In addition to Kurt Angle, who the magazine already named, they are now reporting the following:

"According to the official documents we reviewed, (Arizona Dr. David) Wilbirt was billed for HCG and the steroid stanozolol that were sent to WWE star Eddie Guerrero in early 2005. (Guerrero died on Nov. 13, 2005, in a Minneapolis hotel room due to what a coroner later ruled as heart disease, complicated by an enlarged heart resulting from a history of anabolic steroid use.) Wilbirt also allegedly issued prescriptions for the steroids nandrolone and stanozolol to Oscar Gutierrez, whose stage name is Rey Mysterio. (Through the WWE, Gutierrez declined comment.)"

They also reported the following:

"In total, there were 11 professional wrestlers listed in the documents that we saw. Some of these wrestlers are working as independents; some are out of the business entirely; others are first-tier stars. Consider Randy Orton, who allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs -- stanozolol, nandrolone, anastrozole, Clomiphene citrate, oxandrolone and testosterone -- between March 2004 and August 2004. (Through the WWE, Orton declined comment.) Interestingly, according to the documents, Orton's prescriptions came from the same two doctors whose names appeared on the prescriptions in major league outfielder Gary Matthews Jr.'s file."

They later wrote:

"According to the documents two prominent wrestlers, Adam Copeland, a.k.a. Edge, and Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received HGH. (Through the WWE, Copeland and Helms didn't respond to a request for comment.) But virtually all the others allegedly received a wide variety of anabolic steroids. In each case these were supplied by Applied, the Mobile, Ala., compounding pharmacy that was raided last fall."

When SI.com asked their reporters if WWE has a drug policy, the reporters, Luis Fernando Llosa and L. Jon Wertheim said, "Llosa/Wertheim: Gary Davis, a WWE spokesman, pointed us to a Talent Wellness Program instituted in February 2006. As to whether anabolic steroids and HGH are banned, Davis sent us an email quoting the policy: 'The WWE policy prohibits the use of performance-enhancing drugs, as well as other prescription drugs which can be abused, if taken for other than a legitimate medical purpose pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician. For purposes of WWE's policy, prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose.' Citing privacy issues, Davis declined to say whether WWE wrestlers have tested positive for banned substances since the policy was implemented."

I can't say Misterio using steroids surprises me... Look at how much he's changed since his days in WCW, its obvious there was something else in Rey's body.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 20:31:09

At 3/19/07 07:00 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Some big news to report... This is a long read.

Yeah, I read up on that. I agree, Rey seems to have changed quite a bit since coming to the WWE. Sadly, Eddie Guerrero was no surprise, as his cause of death was partially linked to steroids.

It will be interesting to see what "action" WWE takes, what with their new Wellness Policy in effect. I'd not expect to see anything happen (IF anything happens) until after Wrestlemania has come and passed (though that's a given anyway).

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 21:17:49

I bought Mic's book as I'm a fan of his writing, and I've actually heard the book is a pretty good read, though the non-wrestling parts have been said to be stronger then the wrestling stuff.

Big news to report: The local movie theater here has booked CM Punk for an autograph signing, and one of the guys at my job also helps down there since his cousin owns it. He's asked yours truly to help out when CM Punk comes in on that day as sort of like crowd control. So I would not only get to MEET CM Punk, I get to HANG OUT WITH CM FREAKIN PUNK TOO!!! I know, you all hate me, it's a price I'm willing to pay : ). Should be happening some time in May.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 21:22:49

At 3/19/07 09:17 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: So I would not only get to MEET CM Punk, I get to HANG OUT WITH CM FREAKIN PUNK TOO!!! I know, you all hate me, it's a price I'm willing to pay : ). Should be happening some time in May.

Your right. I do hate you.....lol

Congrats on the once in a lifetime opportunity, man!

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 21:43:58

So I was correct... Lashley broke the master lock to make him look even more of a superman. He doesn't even talk now because the WWE knows it will make him look bad. haha

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 21:55:06

At 3/19/07 09:43 PM, YoinK wrote: So I was correct... Lashley broke the master lock to make him look even more of a superman. He doesn't even talk now because the WWE knows it will make him look bad. haha

That's just smart booking there. I liked the battle royal just now, even if the finish was predictable, I like that it continued to put some heat on Flair and Carlito, which could be a good long-term undercard feud (I hope)

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 22:11:45

Hey, sorry I ain't part of The Wrestling Club. (Even though I'm an Xcore fan of performing wrestler and an ex-backyard wrestler) Anyway in case you guys didn't know yet Arnold "The Golden Boy" Skaaland passed away at the age of 82 on march 13th. The reason I'm posting is cause I know his nephew Jeo and for the die-hard fans who care. I thought you'd like to know that him and his family are doing fine.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 22:28:10

At 3/19/07 10:11 PM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Hey, sorry I ain't part of The Wrestling Club. (Even though I'm an Xcore fan of performing wrestler and an ex-backyard wrestler) Anyway in case you guys didn't know yet Arnold "The Golden Boy" Skaaland passed away at the age of 82 on march 13th. The reason I'm posting is cause I know his nephew Jeo and for the die-hard fans who care. I thought you'd like to know that him and his family are doing fine.

That's great to hear, please offer my condolences to his nephew, and my appreciation for everything Skaaland did in front of the camera and behind the scenes for WWE all these years.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 23:08:05

Oh that is bullshit!! Cena gets in absolutely no offense in the match and he makes Benoit tap out? Really? Couldn't there have been a DQ finish or something?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 23:20:49

At 3/19/07 09:17 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Big news to report: The local movie theater here has booked CM Punk for an autograph signing, and one of the guys at my job also helps down there since his cousin owns it. He's asked yours truly to help out when CM Punk comes in on that day as sort of like crowd control. So I would not only get to MEET CM Punk, I get to HANG OUT WITH CM FREAKIN PUNK TOO!!! I know, you all hate me, it's a price I'm willing to pay : ). Should be happening some time in May.

You lucky SOB you. Let us know how it went, like is CM Punk a cool guy in person, all that stuff. And.. score some autographs for a few of your online buddies :)

Due to life in general I missed all of Raw. Can anyone do some kind of re-cap?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 23:28:01

Hmm, I actually get to multi-quote w/o my comp being a douchebag tonight....

At 3/18/07 12:44 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: If WWE knows what's good for them there won't be a DQ finish.

Damn that looks bad. Davari sure took that one the hard way huh?

I think Edge was on Mad TV tonight, but I missed it. Anyone see it by any chance?

Yup. Hillarious. But I think he was a little better on Mind of Mencia a while back. And yeah, that does look nasty. Yeesh.

At 3/18/07 10:20 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: - WWE has recently signed model, Christine LeMaster. Christine is 24 years of age, and is from the Tampa, Fl area. WWE has a handshake deal with the Hawaiian Tropics modeling agency to sign up their top models after they have run their course as new faces in modeling.

Cool; I live in the county just across from Tampa. Hope she's a looker....

- The signing doesn't stop there as WWE has also signed Guy Dudley (Lou D'Angeli) to help book smaller buildings in the Northeast.

Guy as in Sign Guy?

At 3/18/07 11:52 PM, YoinK wrote: So if Chris Benoit is moving to Raw after wrestlemania... does that mean MVP wins at wrestlemania to keep that title at smackdown???

Aww, crap. PLEEZ don't move him over there..........

So Lashley is going to participate in the masterlock challenge? I bet they will have Lashley break that lock because Lashley is superman and he will never lose his title before wrestlemania. Umaga probably won't lose his title also before wrestlemania. When was the last time Lashley LOST a match? Lashley will probably beat Umaga aka Shriveled up monkey penis.

He who lost to MVP in his first match wants to reissue the Master Lock Challenge? CAN HE EVEN STILL DO THE MASTER LOCK? Last I saw him, he was literally half the man he was size-wise.

EDIT: Lashley broke it. Har-har. WHO'S THE BIG MAN NOW?

At 3/19/07 09:17 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Big news to report: The local movie theater here has booked CM Punk for an autograph signing, and one of the guys at my job also helps down there since his cousin owns it. He's asked yours truly to help out when CM Punk comes in on that day as sort of like crowd control. So I would not only get to MEET CM Punk, I get to HANG OUT WITH CM FREAKIN PUNK TOO!!! I know, you all hate me, it's a price I'm willing to pay : ). Should be happening some time in May.

Lucky bastard. Good for you! Take the chance while you've got it, because chances are you'll never see it happen again.

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-19 23:29:24

At 3/19/07 11:20 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Due to life in general I missed all of Raw. Can anyone do some kind of re-cap?

Here's a recap... http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tv_reports/

It was a pretty crappy show and just when it couldn't get any worse... Benoit tapped out the STFU.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-20 01:20:26

I forgot to add last post: Hope everyone had a completely drunk-off-your-ass St. Patrick's Day! Well, except for me, since I don't drink.

Now with that out of the way, a few comments on last Friday's SD:

I missed the first half-hour due to accidentally falling asleep.... JBL made some crack about Teddy Long & Krystal, so is she still fooling around with him? Tee-hee.

HEY! Hornswaggle said his first words! Hillarious.

Taker just HAD to toss Finlay into Batista, didn't he? Now we all know that now Batista has to do something back to Taker this week. More than a bit predictable.

Khali better have been watching Kane go See No Evil on Daivari's ass that night. Maybe Khali oughtta' rethink this.

So I guess that thing MVP did was that Tekken-inspired move I heard about back when he started. WHY DID IT TAKE HIM THAT FRICKING LONG TO USE IT ON SMACKDOWN IF THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS SIGNATURE MOVE? I don't get it. Actually it was pretty cool, considering it was a move HE used, unlike that rather retarded 5-Knuckle Shuffle rip.

Ok, what happened with JBL on RAW?

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-20 08:44:20

From what I gather it was not the best show they have done. Not too happy with Benoit tapping out.

They really should just get rid of Eugene. His popularity is gone and the gimmick has always sucked. They should send him to OVW for a while and re-package him with a new look and everything and send him to SD.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-20 11:30:26

At 3/19/07 09:17 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: So I would not only get to MEET CM Punk, I get to HANG OUT WITH CM FREAKIN PUNK TOO!!! I know, you all hate me, it's a price I'm willing to pay : ). Should be happening some time in May.

I demand pictures and autographs. You know, if it's not too much trouble for you ^_^

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-03-20 14:59:20

Looks like Aviw and the rest who said it was right:

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

--One of the main reasons for WWE moving this year’s ECW One Night Stand pay-per-view out of the Hammerstein Ballroom is due to the fact that the brand flopped and this year’s event will be ECW/RAW/SmackDown One night Stand. WWE officials feared that they could potentially face massive embarrassment due to “old school” ECW fans using the event as a protest vehicle. Stephanie McMahon argued in meetings that if Paul Heyman was still with the company, he would find ways to get fans in New York to sabotage the show.

BBS Signature