00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Razacs project - Illidan

16,701 Views | 181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-14 15:16:49

*Sigh* :( Cant wait till i can draw as good as you, I really love drawing and i can get some inspiration here and there but getting the effect you reached? Naahw! i could never get that done! The clouds as a background is just... Undescribeable and the Demon! Couldnt speak it out! Youre a master at this!
How old are you?

Waw...

Akadra,

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-14 19:15:28

At 1/14/07 03:16 PM, Akadra wrote: *Sigh* :( Cant wait till i can draw as good as you, I really love drawing and i can get some inspiration here and there but getting the effect you reached? Naahw! i could never get that done! The clouds as a background is just... Undescribeable and the Demon! Couldnt speak it out! Youre a master at this!
How old are you?

Waw...

Akadra,

look at me profile....says 20 yrs old :D lol out of curiosity how old did u think i was?

and wow thank u all for the comments!...and for the person who said was it scaled down.....no unfortunately this is the size i drew and coloured it... :(..that means no nice big print out on glossy paper.......then again with the wings added its gonna be pretty wide....

as for a tutorial...ill do the best i can...but in most pics i do..including this one...theres always some experimental methods i find out by accident ...so it may be hard to recall exactly how i got a certain effect........but i find that what ever i do....i can replicate it in one form or another......soo ill just put down the easiest way....or maybe all of em

might make the tut in flash then post it that way....saves me from uploading lots of text and images and stuff......plus i havent done any flash for ages....

as for the final back ground....im gonna do 2......one the same as this dark green sky...waste land etc....and a snowy one

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-14 19:17:26

At 1/14/07 09:45 AM, Lazyfeet wrote: lololol I really have too much spare time :D

OH YA.....i am honored :P

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-15 09:47:38

man make a tutorial and i swear to god i'll make a religion out of it lol

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-15 10:25:07

so f-f-f-fuckig good!! omg...how do u draw like that?!

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-15 17:31:42

Fuck me gently.
I think i've fallen in love with your picture.

Everything that i thought was wrong with the outline, now looks, oh so perfect.
One problem though, the weapon on the left (our left) looks wierd. I don't know how to describe it, but something just looks fucked up when i look at it properly.

But man, OOOOOOFT!!!!
Can't wait for this tutorial.

........Wow.
Seriously, word cannot describe how great that looks, FUCK!! :O

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-16 15:34:24

i guess you've given p on the other BGs...

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-16 21:14:12

ridiculously good. i am in awe

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-16 23:04:14

Give the man a break! BC just came out, he is probably playing; Fuck I am right now but alt tabbed with this right over my screen. Love the work man, fucking amazing.

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-17 09:05:21

sorry for no updates.....i got BC on monday, installed it....started playing monday night at 11 (midnight server time) and yea been playing that....i went to sleep tho unlike the ppl who have reached lvl 64 already.....insane ppl lol

and to those who wanted the png.....remember i havent finished yet : P still gotta add wings to it and maybe change some stuff : ) please be patient

pretty soon im gonna go for 2 last pushes.......one to get the wings done and change some stuff on it....and the last push to get the backgrounds done...then for any one who asks ill make wallpapers for ppl (i noticed some ppl really like it as their wallpaper)......just pm me ur screen res and if u want the snowy or dark cloudy pic..

then ill start on the tutorial.....
i might go with tutorials on how i did certain things like colouring and colour adjustments and overlays and that......rather than doing a long step by step.....and just use this pic as an example...

again sorry

to make it up to u....i will do a request after im done with this project.....if the request is good ill spend as much time as i have on this on ur request....please..no "draw a pirate dancing" requests......i wanna draw another game char if i can...something cool looking.....start thinking up stuff.....but remember i wont be able to do all of em....so i guess we should vote on an idea or something.....OR if u have an original character u have made up...and wanna see brought to life......draw me a quick sketch and a detailed description of them, the more detailed the better...and ill do that

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-18 14:25:46

i have a nice idea...you've done Illidan...now why not Arthas..i mean, he's awesome... as a Paladin or Dark Knight even tho my personal favourite is Paladin while weiding Frosmourne...it's just an idea..but i think you could make an awesome job with it...

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-18 19:00:07

At 1/18/07 02:25 PM, TomAzza wrote: i have a nice idea...you've done Illidan...now why not Arthas..i mean, he's awesome... as a Paladin or Dark Knight even tho my personal favourite is Paladin while weiding Frosmourne...it's just an idea..but i think you could make an awesome job with it...

YES DO THAT !!! ARTHAS <3

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-01-21 04:19:49

or you could draw Snake or Liquid from Metal Gear Solid...or Dante from Devil may cry

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-02-11 23:26:12

At 1/14/07 07:41 AM, Razac wrote: a test background...

Oh my god.
Dude, that is... amazingly godly!!
Add some wings or something like that, and it will be the greatest thing ever posted on NG (even though it already is, lmao ) :)

Fantastic job
Cannot WAIT to see the final product.
<3

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-02-12 00:26:22

At 1/11/07 08:00 PM, Razac wrote: sorry for the long delay....i just did some more colouring.....i know the feet suck at the mo they will be re done, i just put those hooves there just as a temp thing...i need to know what his feet actually look like lol

Defenitly 10/10! and your the first one i gave them!
Warcraft 3 rulez, so does illidan!
Keep that up!

i tried to draw mannoroth one, but... yeah!

Official Member of TFHHA

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-02-12 00:31:05

HOLY FREAKING SKIT!!!!!!

12/10!!!!!!!!
this is better than good!!!!!!

forgot to check the 2nd page

Official Member of TFHHA

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-02-12 00:33:19

At 2/12/07 12:31 AM, mellie-master wrote:
At 1/14/07 07:41 AM, Razac wrote: a test background...
HOLY FREAKING SHIT!!!!!!

12/10!!!!!!!!
this is better than good!!!!!!

forgot to check the 2nd page

Fixed my Grammar!

Official Member of TFHHA

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-02-12 16:04:08

3 posts in a row?

give yourself a break

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 09:19:56

illidan white background

managed to do the wings too big to post here tho

preview below

Razacs project - Illidan

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 09:25:39

illidan on a dark background

like the other 1 its too big lol

preview below

Razacs project - Illidan

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 10:04:01

Very nice though i like the green background you used in one of the others.

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 10:17:51

Agreed. The white one is a bit bland, and the dark one is a bit over the top. First one was the best. But maybe you should try to do him in a snow setting, with mountains and all.

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 10:53:09

really u like the green one better?

i thought the one b4 had more realistic colours in it

Razacs project - Illidan

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 11:00:06

At 3/26/07 10:53 AM, Razac wrote: really u like the green one better?

i thought the one b4 had more realistic colours in it

OMFG! totally... freakin'... Awesome!!!!!!

Official Member of TFHHA

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 11:41:22

Yeah, the details are much clearer in the green one. But the wings look more realistic in the darker one, more leathery. But I thought the green one didn't have the glowing chest marks. I'm not too fond of those. Still a great piece though!

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 13:37:07

Razac that is just sipmly amazing i hope to someday be able to do something that looks half that good

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 14:50:17

...wha...how...but...ah...

dammit! there arent even words to describe thaqt!

how did you do the rain on the dark pic?

you know your last pointers really helped..i`m currently working on a pic inspired from the 300 movie where i used them....you`ll see t when it`s finished :D

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 17:09:03

At 3/26/07 09:19 AM, Razac wrote: illidan white background

managed to do the wings too big to post here tho

preview below

Wow, totally awsome. This is some seriously amazing work :) I really love the way you have shaded it and the proportions look spot on. I love the way you can see all the muscles and tones over his body. This one has a definate mystical feel and look to it and i think it suits it, i like the way by changing the background it really changes the mood. Everything about this is amazing, the scale and detail is stunning. I also love all the skin textures. Anyway good job on this it turned out great, as always i love your work :D

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-26 19:42:31

At 3/26/07 03:40 PM, ultim8dude wrote: Razac, do you work as an artist?? If not you should seriously consider going into the gaming buisness or something like that.

lol no i just do it as a hobby, i actually dont draw too often...its only since i joined this community that it has inspired me to start up again...i cant help but feel as if i have wasted my talants, as in i could hae progressed alot further by now if i had practiced more...i actually never thought i was good enuf to go into drawing as a profession....and even if i wanted to i have no idea how to break into the industry..

at the mo im in the phase of going back to basics..life drawing etc...pencil and paper...i think i need to strengthen my drawing at the roots..

i must must must draw waaay more than i am now quick give me something for my next project!!

BBS Signature

Response to Razacs project - Illidan 2007-03-27 01:02:53

draw a angry baboon it would look sweet in your style
like you newgrounds has been my muse lately