00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the slackers crew

240,940 Views | 7,189 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-05 15:41:09

At 8/5/06 07:17 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: Hmm, after two months of not posting in here.. im back! SUP!? XD
Sorry I didn't drop by more... :'(

bastard

reminds me to say what books I've been reading! Not being a huge reader myself, I've recently cracked out 3-4 books :O

i've been slacking on my reading, i've not been to boreders in a while and i just finished a book in the discworld series.

BTW if you guys like satirical writing, or Terry Pratchett, i made a new club, it's called "the mended drum"

Holy fekcing fuck our Malachy is liek growing up and stuff :O
You and Heather must be pretty serious now - moved out together? Nice job dude!
I won't be moving out untill I'm something like 23-25, I think XD haha.

i was getting kicked out at the end of the summer as it was. heather's best friend just moved up from NC and needed a place to stay, so she's living in our guest bedroom. the appartment is huge, BTW

kthnxbai
ttyl dood.

Great to see you're enjoying your little trip! Do you go to Hawaii every year or is this just a one-off?

sounds like an amazing trip. i'd love to spend a while in hawaii. i hear that the poverty is insane there because it's so touristy though...so i would feel like a dick to go there and just be a tourist

And Mal, you better get that internet connection soon or this place may be permanantly dead.

i posted twice in two weeks. and none of you cock munchers ever posted!

BTW i have net now. high speed wireless connected at 24mps (yes, mps) and the signal is "very low" too... ^_^

Hehe, yes, definately XD

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-05 17:10:51

check this out....in my second year of high school i owed my english teacher like 5 500 word essays and i gave them all in on the VERY last day just before the summer holidays just before i went home

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-05 17:33:56

At 8/5/06 05:10 PM, Ancient_Evil wrote: check this out....in my second year of high school i owed my english teacher like 5 500 word essays and i gave them all in on the VERY last day just before the summer holidays just before i went home

five hundred words is pretty small...so you only had to write 2500 words....thats a fraction of the size of some of my smallest short stories.

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-06 00:41:24

At 8/5/06 05:33 PM, MALforPresident wrote:
At 8/5/06 05:10 PM, Ancient_Evil wrote: check this out....in my second year of high school i owed my english teacher like 5 500 word essays and i gave them all in on the VERY last day just before the summer holidays just before i went home

hahaha, nice work man. that's a good last-minute hussle!

five hundred words is pretty small...so you only had to write 2500 words....thats a fraction of the size of some of my smallest short stories.

Yah... but to people who aren't writers, writing essays fucking sucks.
Let alone writing more than 1.
Writing stories is for fegs anyway :P TE HEE HEE
*runs*

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-06 10:04:58

yeah but the thing was i hadden't started any of them til the day before.

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-06 12:38:07

mal whats up its been a while :D

i worked 97 hours the past 2 weeks its been nuts

how have you guys been

-only as good as the weakest link-

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-07 01:52:43

At 8/6/06 12:38 PM, -Dooks- wrote: how have you guys been

Pretty good since I deposited just now :D

the slackers crew

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-07 03:45:32

Its been dead like..for a while what happened to the ccc?

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-07 16:52:30

At 8/7/06 03:45 AM, -Dooks- wrote: Its been dead like..for a while what happened to the ccc?

yeah, i ran off to camp and got a new place and didnt have net, and nobody really talks around here except for me.

the CCC is still unlocked. i think i'm the last poster in it though. everyone just noticed it was dying and was like "we had a good run. bye"

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-08 02:04:18

At 8/7/06 04:52 PM, MALforPresident wrote:
At 8/7/06 03:45 AM, -Dooks- wrote: Its been dead like..for a while what happened to the ccc?
yeah, i ran off to camp and got a new place and didnt have net, and nobody really talks around here except for me.

true that. and before i pissed off i was the only one talking :P

the CCC is still unlocked. i think i'm the last poster in it though. everyone just noticed it was dying and was like "we had a good run. bye"

:O
The CCC got unlocked? For wut? tell meh tell meh!

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-08 02:13:37

Hey slackers

I forgot about this club alot like alot of Mals clubs haha j/k no whats been going on Mal, and marcus heh???

As for me i been working alot, and some reviewing...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-08 02:28:54

Holy shit, I can't believe I revived this motherfucker!

At 8/5/06 07:17 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: Great to see you're enjoying your little trip! Do you go to Hawaii every year or is this just a one-off?

This is the first time I flew anywhere since I moved to Canada in the late '80s - Therefore it was my first time. Not only did I enjoy the surrealistic feeling of seeing the world below me, but I've been on four flights during the whole trip. And I may come back in about a year or so.

I still find myself addicted to the portal >:O.

I find the Portal to be more of an obsession than an addiction.

So anyways, hey everyone, I'm not dead, just not posting a whole hell of a lot. See you all around.

Here on Newgrounds few users are ever known to be dead - Scarry ain't it?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-08 03:01:12

At 8/5/06 03:41 PM, MALforPresident wrote: sounds like an amazing trip. i'd love to spend a while in hawaii.

I dunno, your worst enemy, the sun, rules these islands. Other than that, they have waves far bigger than any of the dinky ones in Vancouver - I nearly drownded liek three times.

i hear that the poverty is insane there because it's so touristy though...

Other than a few hobos here and there, the cities aren't much different from my town.

so i would feel like a dick to go there and just be a tourist

I felt more like a local over there than a tourist. Then again, I don't think it's that hard to fit in.

i posted twice in two weeks. and none of you cock munchers ever posted!

My emotions told me not to. So there.

24mps (yes, mps)

Mps?!?? WTF, I never ever heard of those units being used for connection speeds (or anything else for that matter). Maybe you mean Mbps (mega bits per second), which has always been the standard.

I personally have a 10/100 Mbps wired, and 54 Mbps wireless network, but my cable internet is only a top speed of like 5 Mbps. Bummer.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-10 01:00:37

At 8/8/06 03:01 AM, Painbringer wrote: Mps?!?? WTF, I never ever heard of those units being used for connection speeds (or anything else for that matter). Maybe you mean Mbps (mega bits per second), which has always been the standard.

mals per second

you're right. sorry, i sort of let words slur together in my own little world

I personally have a 10/100 Mbps wired, and 54 Mbps wireless network, but my cable internet is only a top speed of like 5 Mbps. Bummer.

its connected at 24mbps now

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-10 01:06:31

Its been ages since i've stopped by... Whats going on?

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-10 02:42:20

At 8/10/06 01:00 AM, MALforPresident wrote: mals per second

Talk about narcesistic.

you're right. sorry, i sort of let words slur together in my own little world

Spoken like a true criminally insane person.

its connected at 24mbps now

You lucky fag.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-10 03:03:20

WHat happened to the c-c-c?

it was a while back

if anyone can find it and post there i would give them a giant cookie

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-10 06:27:02

Hey iwant to jion im such a slacker lozer that i slept through 2 years of skool and now im a senior with 12 credits to get

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-10 13:49:56

At 8/10/06 03:03 AM, -Sargent- wrote: WHat happened to the c-c-c?

it was a while back

if anyone can find it and post there i would give them a giant cookie

why do people keep asking about the club-a-club club? it hasnt had a new post in it in over a year, chances are if you post in there, pox will delete it and then ban you. i was the last poster in the thread tooo...so i'd not be happy either

and rob, i'm not a narcecist because i have yet to see my reflection and fall in love with myself....yet ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-11 20:33:04

At 8/8/06 02:28 AM, Painbringer wrote: Holy shit, I can't believe I revived this motherfucker!

hehe, yeh, well done XD

This is the first time I flew anywhere since I moved to Canada in the late '80s - Therefore it was my first time. Not only did I enjoy the surrealistic feeling of seeing the world below me, but I've been on four flights during the whole trip. And I may come back in about a year or so.

dang, nice man.
Untill a year ago I'd never been overseas - then ofcourse I went to Europe, that was pretty dang good.

I find the Portal to be more of an obsession than an addiction.

and don't I know it... *cough 39k b/p cough*

Here on Newgrounds few users are ever known to be dead - Scarry ain't it?

meh.

In response to Mal n Pains posts aboot net speeds:
Recently, I thought that cable Internet standards were the same in most countries... but apparantly (I saw a little graph or Pie chart the other day about this XD), australia's average cable connection speed is 5mbps, and I thought that was about as fast as it gets for your normal cable speed...
but apparantly, the UK's average is 13, Europe's is a little lower than that, and Americas' is like 20 or something...
serz?

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-12 18:31:01

www.BestBlogEver.net

It pwnz.

sup guys.

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-13 02:43:07

At 8/11/06 08:33 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: Untill a year ago I'd never been overseas - then ofcourse I went to Europe, that was pretty dang good.

Any exciting expreriences you'd like to share? Or did you already post somewhere about it?

Somebody needs to get a life!

But for me it's mostly about the experience points.

meh.

I'm sure you'll be missed too.

</sarcasm>

In response to Mal n Pains posts aboot net speeds:
Americas' is like 20 or something...
serz?

And I was convinced that most Americans were on dialup - Maybe it's the big ass capitalists that push the speed limit.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-13 12:20:57

At 8/13/06 02:43 AM, Painbringer wrote: And I was convinced that most Americans were on dialup - Maybe it's the big ass capitalists that push the speed limit.

i figured most of america was on highspeed, nobody uses dialup. i just live in the middle of no where

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-13 14:10:03

At 8/11/06 08:33 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: In response to Mal n Pains posts aboot net speeds:
Recently, I thought that cable Internet standards were the same in most countries...

Interesting...

The network i am on with my wireless net is about 5.5 mbps but depends on which network im on at times as it could be slower or faster, i may invest in cable modem in another month if my other network doesnt come through...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-13 14:14:06

At 8/13/06 12:20 PM, MALforPresident wrote: i figured most of america was on highspeed, nobody uses dialup. i just live in the middle of no where

Not to double post and all but, i dodnt see this and dont say that, there was recently a study that still over 50% of many net users still use dial up, people who dont feel they need a better speed or have way more bills then they need net, besides the younger generation 10-25 i would think lots of older people dont use the net more then a few hours a day, while the younger crowd may be on there like 24/7 looks at ng users lol, anyways thats my 2 cents...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-13 14:27:20

At 8/13/06 02:14 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Not to double post and all but, i dodnt see this and dont say that, there was recently a study that still over 50% of many net users still use dial up, people who dont feel they need a better speed or have way more bills then they need net, besides the younger generation 10-25 i would think lots of older people dont use the net more then a few hours a day, while the younger crowd may be on there like 24/7 looks at ng users lol, anyways thats my 2 cents...

i know that, i was reffering to the fact that it is probably the same stats around the world...then again, the US has a very large ammount of rural areas much like the one i live in...and a lot of old fucks

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-17 00:58:10

At 8/13/06 02:43 AM, Painbringer wrote: Any exciting expreriences you'd like to share? Or did you already post somewhere about it?

anything decent that happened will have been posted about in this thread last... july lol.

Somebody needs to get a life!

lol im at school, fuck that. XD

But for me it's mostly about the experience points.

fair enough, as it would be.

And I was convinced that most Americans were on dialup - Maybe it's the big ass capitalists that push the speed limit.

that's probably what it is.

At 8/13/06 02:14 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Not to double post and all but, i dodnt see this and dont say that, there was recently a study that still over 50% of many net users still use dial up, people who dont feel they need a better speed or have way more bills then they need net, besides the younger generation 10-25 i would think lots of older people dont use the net more then a few hours a day, while the younger crowd may be on there like 24/7 looks at ng users lol, anyways thats my 2 cents...

hm, weird that you say more than 50% use dial up... adsl internet here (inbetween dial up and cable) is like 15-30 bucks a month nowadays.
heh, and i doubt that figure applies to ng users XD
i would say <10% would be on dial up, otherwise they'd never be able to get around the site.

~X~

sup.

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-18 15:49:38

At 8/17/06 12:58 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: heh, and i doubt that figure applies to ng users XD
i would say <10% would be on dial up, otherwise they'd never be able to get around the site.

hey now, i was on dialup on NG for three years and i was able to get around just fine, thank you very much.

btw...I HAVE A FUCKING JOB NOW WHEEEEEE!!!!!

i dont get paid until next thursday and i still need to give them a second form of ID for some payroll thingy

BBS Signature

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-21 16:27:55

At 6/20/06 09:02 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: Way to be on my favourite tv show dude!!
Email me a more recent picture of you with the episode number man, I'll look out for you!!

Let's see. Just going through my pay vouchers, I'm in Episode #3.05 of "Battlestar Galactica", Episode #1.09 of "Blade" (but that one's kind of weird; just look for the episode titled 'End Days') and Episode #3.13 of "Stargate: Atlantis". That's me in the picture next to a guy named Tom, one of the other extras. And yes, we're in costume. We don't just dress like that because we're Canadian. Oh, and I'm everywhere in that episode. If I'm not in the crowd, I'm walking past in the BG. As for "Blade", I'm just opposite the bar when he busts in and fires a warning shot into the ceiling. I'm in a few of the other nightclub scenes as well. I also recently did a day on the set of an SNL movie called Hot Rod, starring Andy Samberg and Bill Hader. That won't be out until next year but it's one of those bleachers shots. You won't even know I'm there.

So I see general craziness has ensued since I was last here. Konrad's off in Hawaii and Mal seems to love himself even more than he used to. Heh. Congrats on the job, Mal. What are you doing these days? I've kind of been working myself as well, though it's nowhere near steady. I take gigs; so far, all having to do with either lamping, PA-ing or being an extra. And more than two-thirds of my lamping gigs are volunteer. Not that it's all bad. I choose my gigs wisely. And got myself on IMDb because of it. I'm listed under Ben Luk (II). Sweet, innit? That, and I recently raked in some great cash being a PA for an Axe commercial, then a Lexus commercial after that. Five days of slack work and I'm up $800 CAD. Also helped lamp two country music videos and I'll be getting paid for that too any day now. And I still have one more day on Hot Rod to go.

Only a few more weeks before I'm off to school again though. My second year in the Motion Picture Production Program at Capilano College (or MP3, as we all refer to it). Not that I'm really looking forward to it. I think I'd much rather be working the way I am now, banking my cash and collecting my contacts. I mean, what's the point of being taught how to direct by people who failed as a director and are now teaching because of it? That, and it's an entire year! I could do so much more in a year than spend it inside a stuffy classroom hearing all about the entire history of Canadian cinema (which is every bit as boring as it sounds). But alas, my grandparents would never understand and there's always the possibility that I could leave 2nd Year with a really kick-ass student film. I'm currently writing a slasher horror-comedy short about a crazed film technician who kills people with lighting equipment. It's called "The Gaffer" and I plan to have it shot and cut by the end of April. If it turns out any good, I'll send you all copies.

Not much in the way of slacking though. Just this one book I've been meaning to finish for about half a year now and of course, my horrendously delayed replies on this here BBS. I blame my lack of time. Lamping always entails long days and it's only because I have an 8 pm call time tonight on the set of Under the Sycamore Tree that I have any time to myself right now. Oh well, whatever keeps me busy. Oriana's away for nine days as a camp leader starting this Saturday.

(Hey, look at me. Now that I'm a lamp op, I have a post icon all to myself!)

the slackers crew

Response to the slackers crew 2006-08-25 15:55:00

sweet deal benny-boy. i've been working as a room service/bussboy/psuedo waiter at a really up scale resteraunt in an extremely ritchy hotel (four dimond resort and spa from AAA) i make about 100 bucks or so a week in hourly pay, and i bring home a few hundred in tips each week as well. its not too bad. and i only work from 4:30pm to 11:00pm...so i can sleep as long as i damn well want

school starts in a week and a half now. sept. 5th. should be cool, i';m taking a few cool courses.

BBS Signature