00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Edyborei just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sticker Street Art Trading

2,565 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 21:42:42

So, I'm entering a new phase...
Sticker art. I've been pumpin out stickers for the past week and sticking them all over the place. Anyway, I found a neat site where artists can send in their stickers and in return, receive the stickers of other artists around the world. The site is called Sticker Traders and I plan on sending some of mine in. Here's some that I made. If you couldn't tell, my thing is squids. Whatta' you think?

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 21:47:16

Those are really cool.

I've always wanted to make stickers, what brand or whatever of sticky paper do you use and where can I get it?

BBS Signature

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 21:48:44

totally awesome. do you just get sticker paper and draw on it then use a razor to cut them out?

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 21:52:24

Thanks dudes. Yeah, for the sticky paper I definitely didn't use this .

it's kinda illegal to use these stickers for anything other than mail... but meh...

Also, yeah, I used an x-acto knife to cut them out.

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 21:56:01

At 12/22/06 09:52 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: Thanks dudes. Yeah, for the sticky paper I definitely didn't use this .

awesome thanks, i'll make sure not to use it *wink*...oh god i hate myself...

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 22:23:19

This seems like the type of thing I would be interested in.

Do you draw each sticker individually or print them?

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 22:39:04

At 12/22/06 10:23 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: This seems like the type of thing I would be interested in.

Do you draw each sticker individually or print them?

I drew the top ones individually and printed the bottom ones in an ink jet printer after a lot of experimenting and paper jams.

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-22 23:37:40

those r pimp

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-23 00:11:00

Stickers!

Cool custom stickers!

Huzzah!

Neil Armstrong was a gay buttfucking crocodile.

BBS Signature

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-23 03:53:13

Sticker art is pretty popular here in Philadelphia, mainly downtown, but it's spreading to the more quieter smaller neighborhoods. One of my favorite parts of going downtown is seeing all the different artwork that had been stickied everywhere. :]

You have really awesome stickers, by the way. The black ones are really simple, yet elegant, and the individually drawn ones make each one unique and different from one another, which makes them a little more special. Good luck with the travels of your squids...er, or something along those lines. :D

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-23 04:33:19

damn! i want to use that for my friends band "naked squid". Oh well
Cool stickers btw.

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-23 12:39:51

At 12/23/06 03:53 AM, Dementika wrote: Sticker art is pretty popular here in Philadelphia, mainly downtown, but it's spreading to the more quieter smaller neighborhoods. One of my favorite parts of going downtown is seeing all the different artwork that had been stickied everywhere. :]

That's awesome. I live in a suburb in New Jersey a couple minutes drive from NYC but I don't see too many stickers around here except a few band's stickers. But the closer I get to the city, the more graffiti and street art I see.

You have really awesome stickers, by the way. The black ones are really simple, yet elegant, and the individually drawn ones make each one unique and different from one another, which makes them a little more special. Good luck with the travels of your squids...er, or something along those lines. :D

Yeah I feel like individually drawing them gives them more personality as well. I might experiment with spray paint and other mediums if the guy at the hardware store lets me buy it. I heard saying you're in Boy Scouts doesn't really work ;)

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-23 13:34:12

Nice stickers, would love to try this some time.

Those postage label things you don't use. How sticky are they exactly? Would they last a while on most surfaces, or do they wear off quickly in bad weather and such?

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2006-12-23 23:31:21

At 12/23/06 01:34 PM, Trinidex wrote: Nice stickers, would love to try this some time.

Those postage label things you don't use. How sticky are they exactly? Would they last a while on most surfaces, or do they wear off quickly in bad weather and such?

I'm pretty sure using the postage label alone won't last for very long. Some people spray theirs with clear spray paint to make it last and stick them up with wheat paste so that nobody will be able to peel it off. Indoors, it probably wouldn't matter as much.

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2011-03-26 14:25:22

I knew this page before, but havent tries yet.
You make stickers, send them and pay to get some random stickers right ???

AWESOME.

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2011-03-26 14:52:13

This thread is 5 years old.....really?

Response to Sticker Street Art Trading 2011-03-28 14:54:36

Yeah it is, but I hope that sticker trade still works, because I am making sticker right now :)