00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thanks Tom/John COMBO

5,113 Views | 39 Replies

Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 07:14:36

it's kind of funny that tom was just recently mentioning lots of positive energy because i have had a big burst of positive energy too!!!!

( make sure you check the previous posts, as they have some importance! congrats to all the NG "little girl big weapon" art contest winners! )

i had a missed opportunity and i need to make up for it.

i was very honored to know that castle crashers is a finalist in the 9th annual IGF (independent games festival) and then I realized something. A PROBLEM! I don't believe I ever thanked Tom or John when we were up there for the Alien Hominid awards, and I was throwing up at the time of the Dad 'n Me award so I was unable to say thanks. So I'd like to say those late (AND current) thanks right now in one big bundle.

i want to specifically thank Tom Fulp & John Baez for believing in me - both of them have taken big risks that i don't think i'd even do for myself. my dreams are dependent on people and those dependencies are quite heavy in several areas. it means a LOT to me, so thanks guys! <3

Tom is one of the most talented gameplay programmers i have ever worked with. He knows all the quirks -- all the things nobody would really think about that make a game fun. It's never been quite so fun to bounce ideas back and forth. If Tom never answered those emails to make a flash game I'm not exactly sure what the future would have held but I cannot fathom a cooler path. If he didn't decide to make newgrounds what it is today then there would be no alien hominid and John Baez would have never seen alien hominid, and there would have been no behemoth formed. Also, if we didn't have such a great tech crew none of our console games would have been able to take off. I love you Josh, Scott, Brandon, Chip, Mike, Nick...

So thanks Tom! You know what? I think everyone else should thank Tom for giving all of us such massive public exposure while he and the NG crew are sweating balls over technical problems/massive hosting bills all so we can all have a much better chance to make our own personal dreams come true.

Tom is like an electronic santa this holiday season. He has given away wacom tablets, shirts, and cash prizes. Be on the lookout for wacom tablet prizes later on in 2007 because there's more in santa's bag. Be sure to check his post since it is important, as well as STAMPER who we can never forget. Eternal memories of William Stamper.

Can you FEEL this positive flow? I feel so much better now, knowing I was able to tell lots of people.

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 07:27:50

Thanks, Tom! =)

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 07:29:54

At 12/21/06 07:27 AM, Kenney wrote: Thanks, Tom! =)

Arg, stupid enter submits.

Thanks, Tom! =)
Also thanks for the Wacom, copies of Alien Hominid and invitation to Comic-Con '07 (*wink*)!

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 07:35:05

perfect!

i also forgot to mention that both JOHN and TOM donate to Child's Play Charity , so kids that are less fortunate can have videogames in their lives!

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 08:04:10

At 12/21/06 07:35 AM, DanPaladin wrote: i also forgot to mention that both JOHN and TOM donate to Child's Play Charity , so kids that are less fortunate can have videogames in their lives!

People must really honor and respect Tom Fulp for what he has given to others. I've heard what his voice sounds like and overall, I think he's a pretty nice guy.

The deeper you delve, the more strategizing is involved.

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 09:25:35

Thanks tom, now we need angry faic shirts already! :D

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 10:13:07

Thank you Tom for making a site were all this kinda stuff can happen.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 10:25:05

Its been an interesting year and i finally got around to meeting tom and a few other goons. You (Dan) among em. It's been great and made me more interested in being part of the community. I look forward to 2007 and the new things on the horizon for newgrounds which THE place to be for anyone even remotely into the flash scene.

Thanks ng and all its staff.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 10:38:46

I feel all tingly inside...

Is this the REAL meaning of Christmas???

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 12:06:17

Thanks Tom.

Bouncin' all around the world, I'm a little bunny...rabbit. You want my dick? Come grab it.

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 12:30:08

Thanks Tom and everyone else in the NG staff!
I would never have gotten into animation if it wasn't for newgrounds.

Thank you!

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.

dA

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 12:30:20

Thanks tom!

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 12:30:42

Thanks Tom.

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 12:42:40

I've said it before, but I will gladly say it again. The success of Newgrounds and of Tom himself is based on his kindness and of those he surrounds himself. So, thanks Tom and cheers to many more good years.

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 12:55:24

I want to express my thanks to Tom for all that he's done.

From hosting clockcrew.cc, fantastic support for the CC along with collection pages and frontpages and xboxes on clockday.

To being supportive of my flash projects

And even being so kind as to send me a fantastic Newgrounds t-shirt for my birthday

Finally, doing everything he can for the community, taking the time even for public relations.

Thank you Tom! You do so much for us and I feel that I need to repay you somehow!

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 13:01:11

At 12/21/06 07:14 AM, DanPaladin wrote: So thanks Tom! You know what? I think everyone else should thank Tom for giving all of us such massive public exposure while he and the NG crew are sweating balls over technical problems/massive hosting bills all so we can all have a much better chance to make our own personal dreams come true.

THANKS TOM!!!!! your the best admin on a forum/website for members a member can ask for!!!
U R TEH B3ST111!!!!11!!

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 13:33:44

Good to hear from you again Dan!! In the holiday spirit, I have to agree with you, and throw my own 2 cents in.

I have to thank Tom and the entire NG crew for the greatest internship anyone could ask for. It is a pleasure to know all of you guys and I'm sorry I haven't seen anyone in a while.

I can't even imagine a world without an Alien Hominid and it scares me to even entertain a shadow of an inkling of a thought of a world without a Stamper.

So anyway, Happy Holidays to everyone at The Behemoth, Dan, and the NG Crew. Thanks everyone for keeping my online game addiction alive and kicking for years. Good luck in the months to come.

Happy Holidays!

The ex-Newgrounds intern, Tom

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 14:30:09

Dan I would like to thank you and Tom and the whole crew for Alien homind and dad'n me both are awsome games I can't wait for your Castle crashers to hit the XBLA along with AH I will be buying for sure to help NG and the behemoth rack up the cash

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 15:10:43

Honestly though, I don't think people realize how much Tom actually does give away, not just recently, but every single month. He doesn't have to do that at all, especially to that extent. To be honest, I'm even surprised he reads and responds to so many of what I'm assuming is a shitload of e-mails flowing in weekly.

So thanks and congrats on everything Tom. You're the closest thing we have to a real Santa. Have a good holidays.

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 15:26:04

Raise yer glasses and toast the goodship Newgrounds, ya maggots!

=D

Thanks to the exposure and support from Tom and everyone else at NG, I'm not living under a bridge... yet :P

I was never really here.

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 16:44:04

You guys are all too nice. :)

And everyone thank DAN PALADIN for coming up with the idea of giving out Wacom tablets in the first place! Our shipment of 6x8 Intuos 3 tablets arrived today, I'm still waiting on the shipment of 6x11 tablets, for artists with widescreen monitors.

It's been a great year and I'm dying over all the exciting stuff we have planned for 2007. It's been a busy busy BUSY year and the fruits of all the labor will start to show in the coming months.

All the holiday well-wishing has really helped keep us all energized. We even got a Christmas greeting from Stagknight!

Thanks Tom/John COMBO

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 17:26:16

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Tom!

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 17:29:48

At 12/21/06 08:28 AM, Greenskullkid wrote: Thank you Tom, I agree.. this site is outstanding.
Great job Thomas! W00t!

Thomas...

Thank you Thomas!

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 19:55:30

Thanks Tom.
If it wasn't for Newgrounds, I wouldn't have bought Flash in the first place.
If it wasn't for Newgrounds, I wouldn't have joined the Clock Crew.
If it wasn't for Newgrounds, I wouldn't have had met all these great people.

<3

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 20:16:09

thanks to all the ng crew.
inspired me for life.

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 20:22:07

It is said that Tom also gives out free hosting for unbelievably awesome sites that need it.
Tom is seksy.

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 21:08:47

thx for all of the inspiration Tom..i hope you are immortilized as one of the greatest people to ever grace the internet. i hope to add to the site with my own flash soon...
so here's a pic of some fat guy..

Thanks Tom/John COMBO

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 21:32:52

At 12/21/06 02:30 PM, Steve84 wrote: Dan I would like to thank you and Tom and the whole crew for Alien homind and dad'n me both are awsome games I can't wait for your Castle crashers to hit the XBLA along with AH I will be buying for sure to help NG and the behemoth rack up the cash

lol, happy 1000th stevelol

BBS Signature

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 21:51:24

Thanks man.

Response to Thanks Tom/John COMBO 2006-12-21 21:51:55

Thanks so much Tom.
Without newgrounds, I would have never gotten into flash games/programming. With this amazing community filled with extremely talented artists and programmers, there's always someone to learn from and look up to. It's completely changed my life, goals, everything. There's no doubt in my mind now that I wanna program games as a career.

This year has been particularly amazing, working with MindChamber has just been absolutely incredible. And your support on Red Baron was very generous.

You are my hero :)