00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

viscuous liquid simulation

1,080 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 19:16:26

i was messing around and i came up with this, basicly its meant to be an approximate simulation of a viscuous liquid treating it as a pile of particles interacting with eachover via what would be in real life, vanderval forces (or however its spelt)

http://denvish.net/ulf/1166055301_water.php

:D

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 19:25:25

Thats it...I'm not your friend anymore. Stop being so damn good.

On a less dramatic note: That is pretty impressive think a game will spawn out of that? Kinda reminds me of Gish.

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 19:26:53

Does this have anything to do with your blobular game posted on Flashwiki?

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 19:27:35

At 12/13/06 07:26 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Does this have anything to do with your blobular game posted on Flashwiki?

nope, this was just a thought that passed through my head and i decided to experiment

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 19:41:43

It's amazing, what else can I say.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 19:49:46

dude it sucks

lol

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 20:02:16

All i see its some gray stuff and a grey circle, nothing more :S

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 21:04:30

AWSUM!!!

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-13 21:13:38

...so there is a god...

BBS Signature

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-14 01:41:11

At 12/13/06 08:02 PM, Nighthawkstudio wrote: All i see its some gray stuff and a grey circle, nothing more :S

then you musn't have flash player 9

At 12/13/06 07:49 PM, Striker028 wrote: dude it sucks

i assume you don't have flash player 9, or you're being sarcastic.

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-14 02:16:07

That's great! When I read the title I thought it would be a top down water simulation involving reflecting an image. Great none-the-less.

I'd like to see you try that ;P

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-14 06:09:50

Delto, you know what's make that even more awesome? If you were to approximate some API outlines and use them to draw around the particles to make a solid mass.

If anyone can work it out, it's you :)

BBS Signature

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-14 06:15:43

That could turn into a great game, like this one.

Go on, check it out :P

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-14 09:51:52

At 12/14/06 06:15 AM, Penboy wrote: That could turn into a great game, like this one.

Go on, check it out :P

Technically that isn't a game it's a toy. If you really want the best version download http://siebn.de/download/burningsand20060510. zip It has loads of elements and has support to make your own.

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-15 06:08:55

cooooooool

BBS Signature

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-15 12:39:16

dELtaluka!!! I need your help for the greater good of awesomeness!!!
I've been looking for someone good with action script (Your the best that i've seen, and I don't feel like wasting time making a new thread) because I have a very decent flash game concept. Right now, I only have the sprites and the idea. And dont let the word "Sprites" turn you off. These are my own custom 8-bit-esk sprites.
The game, for now until a better title is come up with, is called Sprite master. Your a little guy in a suit with a litle over-sized gun. You are sent to stop these aliens creatures that have taken over the tallest buildings in town. These buildings are 20,000 feet high, but your little ship can only fly 15,000 feet, so you'll need to walk the rest of the way to the top, finding power-ups (such as jet booster, Hologram, lighting bolter, etc) and destorying enemies ranging from floor drones to the big boss at the top.
Now, since this is a little side-scroller platformer, my idea for levels involve it mostly being put as a whole MC with a V-cam that follows the character through. Another idea, since there will be parts that you must venture to the outer side of the building, that once you make the transition from inside to outside, you can only see the out side of the place where you came out from... Make any sense?

anywho, that's my idea. I've also included some of the sprites for you to take a looks at to help you get an idea. You Can See it Here!!

That design was just some basic tiles I made. There will be no actual floating platforms in the game. It will be more like the interior of a giant building, with corridors and elivators and the like.

Right, that's my preposal. What'dya think? You can contact me either By P.M. or email at Evil_needs_candy_to0@hotmail.com

~PROXER~

Response to viscuous liquid simulation 2006-12-15 15:00:56

I've been trying to make a game with you since the MEch idea you came up with long ago >_< I got even better at script then I was back then, and I would like to help you if you can't find someone better, but we would have to keep in touch :P

I have no projects being worked on right now or anything