00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,841,412 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-15 02:31:36

At 3/13/16 05:54 AM, KompiButut wrote: yes you should, watamote is awesome its worth of mass killing anime. for me tomoko is the Number #1 anime girl to be friend with if she even real.

I would be friends would her. Hard to find a anime girl that makes a good friend, and not just a silly cute girl.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-15 06:05:54

At 3/15/16 02:31 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/13/16 05:54 AM, KompiButut wrote: yes you should, watamote is awesome its worth of mass killing anime. for me tomoko is the Number #1 anime girl to be friend with if she even real.
I would be friends would her. Hard to find a anime girl that makes a good friend, and not just a silly cute girl.

you got my point, boy doing crazy stuff is common but for girl it is extremely rare. i never meet girl like her in my whole life. and i can feel the same what she feel because some of her story is same as mine.
she funny, her thinking way is unique, and badass for some reason.

Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-15 13:43:25

At 3/15/16 06:05 AM, KompiButut wrote: you got my point, boy doing crazy stuff is common but for girl it is extremely rare. i never meet girl like her in my whole life. and i can feel the same what she feel because some of her story is same as mine.

I agree, she would make a great friend. Many cute girl have no personality, but she does.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 02:00:13

At 3/6/16 11:41 PM, KompiButut wrote:
At 3/2/16 04:48 PM, MasterStalker wrote:
My room mate showed me Dead Man Wonderland. it's wildly nonsensical killing. DMWL is a prison made into a carnival where the inmates are forced to entertain paying customers on wildly dangerous attractions. It didn't get renewed for a second season though, so dont get too hyped about the cliffhanger ending.
I have finished Deadman Wonderland today i can say that was my anime type, everthing is awesome its been a while im not feel this again. Even thought its stupid about public not suspicious about this prison illegal activity still it was a great anime. ahhh its only 12 episode and there is still lot of thing unanswered. Beside cliffhanger ending everything is awesome awesome!!
If you never watch this anime i recommended to watch it,

Yeah, they were supposed to have at least one more season, but it never got renewed. It's a shame really. It had so much potential. The soundtrack was pretty nice too. You're definitely right about the unfair amount of unanswered questions.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 18:40:43 (edited 2016-03-16 18:43:06)

At 3/15/16 01:57 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 3/15/16 01:43 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 3/15/16 06:05 AM, KompiButut wrote: you got my point, boy doing crazy stuff is common but for girl it is extremely rare. i never meet girl like her in my whole life. and i can feel the same what she feel because some of her story is same as mine.
I agree, she would make a great friend. Many cute girl have no personality, but she does.
She's also very perverted.
But that's not bad, i hate the kind of girls who are act like someone else and avoid being true to themselves like most girls in anime shows like KissXsis (Incest, soft pr0n, but good read)
Tomoko however is always true to herself, she doesn't act like she's innocent and just goes with being herself all the time.
For an awkward girl, she's pretty special.

yes she is, thats why i love tomoko she can enjoy herself from being herself and stop being a silly cute girl in the end. fuck i want watch her doing stupid and reckless thing more. dont you wonder what the fuck gonna happen if girl like her have a boyfriend and what kind of friend she gonna have that must be funny as hell. arghhh i hope they make new series for watamote.

Also, the reason why i mentioned KissXsis is because most of the female characters act like they're innocent even though they're not Ako, Riko and Mikuni are by the far the prime example of what a female character who acts innocent should be.
Even though they do lots of perverted shit with that Keita fag they still dislike the idea of themselves being perverts.

i know right, this is just anime cliché when all the cute girl always act Innocent its not bad but girl like them is not typically for a best friend in my opinion. btw kissxsis is a good series i never watch the anime but i read it once long time ago, story about threesome brosis that just sick, keita that lucky bastard i wonder why they parents not give a shit about it.

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 19:23:47 (edited 2016-03-16 19:27:31)

At 3/16/16 06:58 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 3/16/16 06:40 PM, KompiButut wrote: i know right, this is just anime cliché when all the cute girl always act Innocent its not bad but girl like them is not typically for a best friend in my opinion. btw kissxsis is a good series i never watch the anime but i read it once long time ago, story about threesome brosis that just sick, keita that lucky bastard i wonder why they parents not give a shit about it.
I read the manga too, i didn't like the anime much.
The manga now has 95 chapters btw and it's still on going.
Seriously though, that keita is a pain in the ass to bear with, i mean all he does is get thrown around by his lovers and do other perverted shit with them, basically like this "What's this? riko told me to come into her room? K OuO! *starts kissing*"
Also, their parents are irresponsible which is why they don't give a shit...

wow i dont know if kissxsis still on going, i read the manga from actual book till chapter 20+ 6-8 years ago i dont even remember how can i have that book when im still that young, i dont have it now because i need to clean my trace and evidence. the last thing i remember is keita scum is meeting with new teacher and glasses girl with boobies. oh wait i remember i bought it from thrift shop for very cheap price. haha this make me remember why i love anime i read it very carefully hope no one caught me and make it even better experience for reading a manga.

edit: i wonder what so bad about anime version of it,

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 20:36:30

At 3/16/16 07:23 PM, KompiButut wrote:

edit: i wonder what so bad about anime version of it,

I haven't seen it so I can't be sure though I wouldn't be surprised if the "incest" part is what cause the bitchfest to happen even though the MC isn't blood related to the twins...unlike the certain siblings in the other series where one of which shares the same VA with one of the twins.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 20:59:29

Dragon Ball Z is overrated.

Hi therey

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 21:12:09

At 3/16/16 08:59 PM, TheDisharmony wrote: Dragon Ball Z is overrated.

of course it is, but let's back to our childhood when we hyped for every weekend waiting episode for 10 years start from goku defeating picolo and go on, then on elementary schools we talk about it together then do kamehameha gesture like its never gets old, its a great anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-16 21:39:30

At 3/16/16 09:12 PM, KompiButut wrote:
of course it is,

Ya

Hi therey

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-17 00:00:05

This is been known for years. Even non fans, know it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-17 01:11:13

i never meet actual weabo in real life or internet, i dont even know what the fuck weabo is. someone can explain me something and give me some example what is weabo all about...

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-17 01:43:52 (edited 2016-03-17 01:45:14)

At 3/17/16 01:19 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 3/17/16 01:11 AM, KompiButut wrote: i never meet actual weabo in real life or internet, i dont even know what the fuck weabo is. someone can explain me something and give me some example what is weabo all about...
Otaku : Japan? yeah, they're alright
Normal person : Japan huh? i don't like it that much/ Japan is a great place with rich culture but i wouldn't say that i know about it because i watch anime.
A weeaboo : OH NIPPON ISu so perufekuto bekausu zei habu anime ^__________________________________________________________________^ AISHITERU NIPPON!!! WATASHI WA OTAKU DESU!!! Watashi wa nihon-jin demo watashi wo *insert country here*-JIN!!! SUGOI DESU YO!!!

So basically, a weeaboo is a person who claims to be japanese or act like it just because they like anime. you'd often hear them saying basic japanese phrases they heard from anime such as "Kono baka" "Watashi wa [Name] Desu" and so on.
They'd also cut off all ties with their own culture for the japanese culture and they claim to know a lot about japan just because of anime, they also think that Japan is perfect (Even though it has some many issues like any other country)
Edit : Also, it's okay to like Japan and it's culture but just remember that you have your own culture and you'll be fine.

ahh i see, btw you hurt my eyes by showing weabos typing style i mean i know what is that mean, but imagining someone using Japanese word like that fuck im sure real Japanese not using that word.
so i guessing im typical normal people, but i do love japan as same as other places i love world mate. if theres no japan there is no anime and shit. also my country have history related with japan too, and people here really respect history of both side including me. and i have a friend whos actual otaku what i hate from him is when he start nitpicking my favorite anime or characters, but i do that too so i think he's alright.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-17 12:05:38

At 3/16/16 02:00 AM, MasterStalker wrote: Yeah, they were supposed to have at least one more season, but it never got renewed. It's a shame really. It had so much potential. The soundtrack was pretty nice too. You're definitely right about the unfair amount of unanswered questions.

That happens way too often in anime. Ir is the worst when they end and there are unsolved questions or stories unresolved.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-17 12:07:58

At 3/17/16 12:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
This is been known for years. Even non fans, know it.

I can see lately Dragon Ball got off easy while DBZ have been getting pelted, especially the episodes after the Frieza saga. I personally felt Cell Games should have been the conclusion then Buu came out...

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-17 17:53:22

I have a question, does Rintaro Akuta fit your definition of a hero?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-18 03:19:28

At 3/11/16 03:55 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/ero_manga_sensei/

Heard it's going to get its own anime series, like the author's certain other work.

At least this time the siblings aren't blood related.

This is sound fun, im only read the first chapter so the anime version wont be spoiled. I dont like the ridiculous idea for a sibling living together alone and never meet each other for the whole year. Well atleast its something unrealistic new. Obvious coincidence is obvious, his brother write and his sister who drew the perverted stuff.
Lol when she forget to turn off the camera, i wonder her brother expression in anime latter thats gonna be funny...

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-18 11:00:02

At 3/17/16 12:07 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I can see lately Dragon Ball got off easy while DBZ have been getting pelted, especially the episodes after the Frieza saga. I personally felt Cell Games should have been the conclusion then Buu came out...

Sometimes, it is okay to quit while you are ahead. Not to milk something for all of its worth.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-21 03:42:41

At 3/20/16 10:17 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: So, i've watched some Hetalia axis powers because i kind of wanted to see why @ManaSakura likes it so much.
But i can't blame her, it's interesting.
It was fun and it kind of makes the whole idea of WWI and WWII seem a bit more fun than it is.
I don't usually like this kind of anime but i've changed my mind when i saw this one.
I also really like the stereotype for Italia and China.

Ah, you're welcome! ^^

N. Italy and China are part of my favorite characters. The Nekotalia arc is also interesting since it features the cats of the characters, as well as the "I rove (love) tuna-meow." part. I also recommend watching Nyotalia (part of Beautiful World) since it's pretty funny. =^^=

"I'M AWESOME!!!" -Prussia aka Gilbert Beilschmidt

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-21 10:55:44

At 3/20/16 10:17 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: So, i've watched some Hetalia axis powers because i kind of wanted to see why @ManaSakura likes it so much.
It was fun and it kind of makes the whole idea of WWI and WWII seem a bit more fun than it is.
I also really like the stereotype for Italia and China.

I heard good things , but have not seen it. Where did you view it?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-22 10:44:13

At 3/21/16 06:49 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: Some website called Kiss-anime
Here's a link https://kissanime.to/

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-23 00:18:17

any thought on Overlord ?
recently i just watch the first episode i think its awesome, im not going watch it again till i found a good time for watch it since its only has 12 episode and i dont want to spoil the fun, just a story about guy trapped in online rpg with lively npc, also there is a bitch, and the main character is hilarious man.
if anyone have watch it i like to know what do you think ?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-24 03:46:07 (edited 2016-03-24 03:48:00)

At 3/16/16 11:09 PM, Vinnyy wrote:
At 3/16/16 10:32 PM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
It's the only reason why i stopped using facebook or searching for anime fan friends.
Whenever i chat with a dbz fan he or she just has to say "Goku can beat saitama" or some shit.
Fuck DBZ, it's the only reason why people look down on us anime fans.
Unfortunately, that's not the only reason why anime fans are looked down upon. It's also because some anime fans are obsessed with Japanese culture to the point where they denounce their own culture and pretend to be Japanese themselves. People tend to generalize all anime fans as being like that, which is why the anime community gets a lot of backlash. The weeaboos are giving all anime fans a bad name.

That sounds like my girlfriend. She cares more about K-pop, weird Japanese candies, and manga than anything at all American. she looks forward to Tekko-Con all year and spends a ton on cosplay outfits, mostly Naruto or Bleach. And to here her gush over Gaara's voice is embarrassing. Buuuutttt..... I still like her. Even if she makes the stuff she like that much more unappealing to me.

I'm not saying liking any of these things is a bad thing, but there's a tipping point where a person takes it too far. And personally, anything that gets too hyped loses my attention. I was a DBZ fan. Was. Right about the Buu saga I got fed up with DBZ fans. Never even gave GT a chance. Never once bothered with the aforementioned Naruto or Bleach just because the hype train imploding on the news they were coming to America. Fandoms just ruin it for me. I liked stuff like Full Metal Alchemist, even before brotherhood made it more bad ass. Psycho-Pass, Knights of Sardonia, Samurai Champloo, Read or Die, Hellsing, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Sekirei, and non of these things despite being known are blown up too far. Hell, even FLCL (fooly cooly) has a good sized fan base without being super hyped up.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-24 03:57:26

At 3/17/16 01:19 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 3/17/16 01:11 AM, KompiButut wrote: i never meet actual weabo in real life or internet, i dont even know what the fuck weabo is. someone can explain me something and give me some example what is weabo all about...
Otaku : Japan? yeah, they're alright
Normal person : Japan huh? i don't like it that much/ Japan is a great place with rich culture but i wouldn't say that i know about it because i watch anime.
A weeaboo : OH NIPPON ISu so perufekuto bekausu zei habu anime ^__________________________________________________________________^ AISHITERU NIPPON!!! WATASHI WA OTAKU DESU!!! Watashi wa nihon-jin demo watashi wo *insert country here*-JIN!!! SUGOI DESU YO!!!

So basically, a weeaboo is a person who claims to be japanese or act like it just because they like anime. you'd often hear them saying basic japanese phrases they heard from anime such as "Kono baka" "Watashi wa [Name] Desu" and so on.

This sounds like 2 people my girlfriend had over to play cards against humanity with. She me them at Tekko. Both were very, very stereotypical examples of what casuals are afraid we look like to regular folks.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-24 12:14:43

One of my friends thinks that Avatar TLAB is the best anime ever. I tried telling him that it was not anime, but he went crazy. What can you do? lol

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-24 12:21:40

At 3/24/16 12:14 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: One of my friends thinks that Avatar TLAB is the best anime ever. I tried telling him that it was not anime, but he went crazy. What can you do? lol

yeah some people say it too, but its still a good show.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-24 12:43:12

At 3/24/16 12:21 PM, KompiButut wrote:
At 3/24/16 12:14 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: One of my friends thinks that Avatar TLAB is the best anime ever. I tried telling him that it was not anime, but he went crazy. What can you do? lol
yeah some people say it too, but its still a good show.

It is a great cartoon, and much better than The Legend of Korra, but does not count as anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-26 04:28:31

I agree with it not being anime. But I do gotta say, it's almost splitting hairs though. It draws a lot from classic anime style and content. The only reason it's "anime" and not anime is because it wasn't made in the right part of the world. I did enjoy it a lot though.

Did anyone watch that garbage live action one that M. Night Shayamablahblahblahstupidname made?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-26 09:58:19

At 3/26/16 04:28 AM, MasterStalker wrote: I agree with it not being anime. But I do gotta say, it's almost splitting hairs though. It draws a lot from classic anime style and content. The only reason it's "anime" and not anime is because it wasn't made in the right part of the world. I did enjoy it a lot though.

Did anyone watch that garbage live action one that M. Night Shayamablahblahblahstupidname made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc0tIjw7fII

Response to Anime Club 2016-03-26 11:14:05

At 3/26/16 04:28 AM, MasterStalker wrote: I agree with it not being anime. But I do gotta say, it's almost splitting hairs though. It draws a lot from classic anime style and content. The only reason it's "anime" and not anime is because it wasn't made in the right part of the world. I did enjoy it a lot though.

Avatar TLA, was probably the closet to an anime that you can get.

BBS Signature