00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SubjugatedSandwich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

JKCinema.com News

2,718 Views | 10 Replies

JKCinema.com News 2001-03-05 19:17:47

Hello there! This is Justin, webmaster at JKCinema. You may remember me from such games and movies as Psychic Stevie's Answers, the banned Paperbags: SDV Edition, and of course the whole GAP thing.

If you don't know, JKCinema.com has been redesigned and a crap load of new features have been added. For instance, there's a section filled with fake news stories called The Wet Sock. There's also a twisted file-exchange section called The Dump. That's where you can find pics of Santa Claus getting a bukkake bath and wavs of people farting. Oh... and of course, there's a crap load of JKC's very own world famous (LOL) flash games and movies. Like this new one, Everything Happens To Me. It's a heartwarming story about a guy who keeps exploding. Fun stuff! So far, it's tanking big time on the Portal and the picture I decided to use to represent myself for this is rediculous, so I'm gonna go puke.

But before I do, a quick question: We all know Newgrounds content can be edgy or offensive, but sometimes we "cross the line." In your opinion, how far is too far? I need to know this because I have no sense of decency.

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-05 19:29:43

But before I do, a quick question: We all know Newgrounds content can be edgy or offensive, but sometimes we "cross the line." In your opinion, how far is too far? I need to know this because I have no sense of decency.

Newgrounds does apreety good job at not crossing the line but movies like Dale Earnheart Sucks and other racist and hatefull movies I think are corssing the line. Just remember: If you are making fun of something or someone make sure you "walk around in there shoes a bit" before posting it on NG
KDGE-NG ROCKS

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-05 19:33:30

At 3/5/01 07:29 PM, KDGE wrote: But before I do, a quick question: We all know Newgrounds content can be edgy or offensive, but sometimes we "cross the line." In your opinion, how far is too far? I need to know this because I have no sense of decency.

Newgrounds does apreety good job at not crossing the line but movies like Dale Earnheart Sucks and other racist and hatefull movies I think are corssing the line. Just remember: If you are making fun of something or someone make sure you "walk around in there shoes a bit" before posting it on NG
KDGE-NG ROCKS

True, I agree with you.

Oh, just so I don't look like a prick, I was only kidding when I said I have no sense of decency. I just want to guage how far people want us go. :)

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-05 20:07:31

At 3/5/01 07:17 PM, NewJoiseyWop wrote: Hello there! This is Justin, webmaster at JKCinema. You may remember me from such games and movies as Psychic Stevie's Answers, the banned Paperbags: SDV Edition, and of course the whole GAP thing.

If you don't know, JKCinema.com has been redesigned and a crap load of new features have been added. For instance, there's a section filled with fake news stories called The Wet Sock. There's also a twisted file-exchange section called The Dump. That's where you can find pics of Santa Claus getting a bukkake bath and wavs of people farting. Oh... and of course, there's a crap load of JKC's very own world famous (LOL) flash games and movies. Like this new one, Everything Happens To Me. It's a heartwarming story about a guy who keeps exploding. Fun stuff! So far, it's tanking big time on the Portal and the picture I decided to use to represent myself for this is rediculous, so I'm gonna go puke.

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-05 22:28:51

To me, "crossing the line" is gay-bashing, racism or mention "god" and religion in favorable lights.

-YerMom

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-05 22:30:51

I think so far NG hasn't crossed the line.Just about most newground fans have a sense of humor not to get offended easily.
ROSS
SONICMODE

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-06 00:15:40

I don't know what would be too far. Not much really bothers me. And if it does, I'll just vote it a zero. And I'm sure when someone puts something really stupid (i.e. something racist) he gets spammed to hell. So in a way, I don't think anything is over the line for Newgrounds, and everyone should be able to put up what they want. But they should also be ready for the consequences of being an idiot.

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-06 14:40:06

At 3/5/01 10:28 PM, ILuvYerMom wrote: To me, "crossing the line" is gay-bashing, racism or mention "god" and religion in favorable lights.

-YerMom

Hey Mom, I couldn't agree more! Those are pretty much my boundaries as well. I could handle almost anything else... well, I don't find animal or child abuse very funny. In fact that shit pisses me off.

Hey, we've mentioned racism, but what aboot sexism? People seem to be oblivious to sexism in our society. I mean, it's practically accepted in pop culture. It kind of bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I'm against censorship. VERY much so. But I think we as a society might be close to "crossing the line" on that issue.

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-06 17:32:00

( Hey, we've mentioned racism, but what aboot sexism? People seem to be oblivious to sexism in our society. I mean, it's practically accepted in pop culture. It kind of bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I'm against censorship. VERY much so. But I think we as a society might be close to "crossing the line" on that issue.)
I tottally agree sorry to not include this in my response. This isssue is very covered up by schools and many buisneses as not existing. Thank you for refreshing my memory on the very inportance and refreshing other minds as well.

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-07 14:20:36

If you've already crossed the line once before, what is the point of going back? what have you got to lose? Being "edgy" and "offensive" is what makes people keep coming back. Not being funny is another story though. In my opinion the line is a bar. By crossing the line you raise the bar for what is accepted as offensive. Remember when the Simpsons were thought of as crude and offensive? Then later, Southpark was considered offensive. Nobody gives a crap anymore. I say just go for it. if people don't like it they can vote on it. Or they don't have to watch it at all.

Response to JKCinema.com News 2001-03-08 11:11:55

Anything that is viewed/heard through a monitor/tv/magazine/etc is never offensive to me. If someone called me a fucking irish lush and drew me as a leprechaun giving head to a dead baby, I would laugh my ass off. If I was black and I read the word n*****, I wouldn't care either. Besides, they use the term on each other. They are just words, they don't break bones. Now when something can physically harm you, that's when I draw the line, such as beating the shit out of someone because they are gay. But if you find a bunch of pixels offensive, jesus fucking christ, you're a sensitive bastard.

And if anyone ever finds anything offensive on a site that contains "the problems of the future, today", then they should be filled with water until they drown, hung upside down and be beaten with baseball bats until their stomachs burst open like watermelons, because they are fucking idiots.

I'm not really violent, I just hate idiots.