00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DARXVEL just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,908,422 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 22:59:21

lord-sonx

lord-sonx getting a GF i didn't know people on NG could get a GF unless there a mod or admin.

I think he's got an Alt and is seeing what its like to be a commoner again

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:02:53

At 7/5/07 10:23 PM, Pezboy440 wrote: KIWI!

Check this out. :D its made using Maya ( the program i;m trying to learn) Here !

Submizzle that shiz to Newgrounds.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:07:13

At 7/5/07 10:59 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: the dance routine was amusing.

Is it just me, or did both the submissions (SFB's) have dancing characters in the credits? Coincidence?

Probably.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:23:46

At 7/5/07 10:59 PM, Ertyguy wrote: lord-sonx

lord-sonx getting a GF i didn't know people on NG could get a GF unless there a mod or admin.

I think he's got an Alt and is seeing what its like to be a commoner again

Woah, yeah, me being a moderator on a Flash website forum drives the ladies wild, let me tell you. They get a sexual charge watching me ban someone...

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:27:25

At 7/5/07 11:23 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 7/5/07 10:59 PM, Ertyguy wrote:
Woah, yeah, me being a moderator on a Flash website forum drives the ladies wild, let me tell you. They get a sexual charge watching me ban someone...

To bad your ban stick is far to small to impress the ladys at the moment. You know what you have to do. : P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:27:43

At 7/5/07 11:23 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Woah, yeah, me being a moderator on a Flash website forum drives the ladies wild, let me tell you. They get a sexual charge watching me ban someone...

I know you talking like that is driving me crazy. XD You can ban me any day *winks*

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:32:13

At 7/5/07 11:27 PM, 23450 wrote:
To bad your ban stick is far to small to impress the ladys at the moment. You know what you have to do. : P

Oh snap, I just got zinged!

lol, ban
At 7/5/07 11:27 PM, Ertyguy wrote:
I know you talking like that is driving me crazy. XD You can ban me any day *winks*

That's what she said.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:42:08

CloverField

I just saw Transformers. I'm the type of person that loves to research things when he finds them interesting. So, to those of you who have seen Transformers in theaters, would have seen a trailer before the movie of an attack on New York City. The trailer ends with simply the date "1-18-08", and there is no name. So when I got home I looked it up, and found that the movie had no name, and was simply code-named "CloverField". There are also many theories to what the movie is about. Here is the shitty version of the trailer, the only one not yet removed from the internet:

http://www.dailymotion.com/dwane007/video/x2g jax_cloverfield-de-jj-abrams

So, I thought it would be fun to discuss the movie here. Theories, wether or not you want to see it. Because personally, I think it looks awesome. And the first thing i thought when i saw it was "Godzilla". So I'm not sure at all.

Also, two websites that are supposedly connected to the movie and it's trailer, that have something to do with an apocolypse theorized by a man named Ethan Haas:

Ethanhaaswasright

solve the puzzles to find out more

Ethanhaaswaswrong

the blog comments give more hints

And, last but not least, the other theory that the movie is supposed to be a remake of the 1966 foreign film:

War of the Gargantuas

So, let the discussion begin.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:46:59

unnamed preview
When i saw that in the theatre i was like man i think that's godzilla then everyone in the theatre started talking aloud to there friends saying the same thing like it was their idea. Stupid people, everyone heard me but they had to be the first in there mind. But if it's godzilla why wasn't there godzilla's classic roar?

Transformers
Also in transformers how does megatron know english when he's defrozen?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:48:56

At 7/5/07 10:23 PM, Pezboy440 wrote: KIWI!

Check this out. :D its made using Maya ( the program i;m trying to learn) Here !

I know my way around maya and let me tell you how complicated it becomes, although fun...
It shoudln't be that hard to learn the basics of modeling and rigging (and animation) without having to do much work but once you start wanting to add limbs that can stretch and constraints and then physics ugh... To much technichal work.

I wonder if I have any of my Maya work actually fully rendered... I'm taking a break from it seeing as it just made me angry

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-05 23:56:31

..::clover field::..

Well I haven't been out to see Transformers so this is my first encounter with the preview.... the sound quality is very poor and the video isn't so great, so it was kind of hard to tell what was what. Interesting advertisement strategy though, trying to create an internet buzz, like The Blair Witch Project did. I'm intrigued but I'm patient too so I don't mind waiting for more information...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 00:06:37

Misterious trailler
What a great publicity tactic! Next time I have an epic idea for a movie, i'll make some trailler like that and just not say what it will be about XD

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 00:09:24

It's like a big red button saying do not push. You just gotta know

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 00:13:41

btw, i'm surprise noone has said this yet:

OMG PAGE 600!!!!

sorry, i just had to, now i need to give some opinion so this post isnt worthless..

Cloverfield & Transformers
I haven't seen transformers yet, tho iheard it broke records on people going to see it the first day, i wonder if it was just publicity, but anyway, lots of people going to watch it doesnt mean it is a good movie.. even if i want to see it XD-
About the trailer, the sound was bad, ibut i guess it isnt liek that on the theathers, but the camera was liek a house camera, and i hate that point of view, it moves too much.. i hate shaky cameras >.<

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 00:25:24

Crappiest work shifts
Dammit i have to work in 4:40. I hate these early shifts. Good thing my last day is the 15th.
But until then my boss gives me the worst shifts for no fucking reason. I hate her she's a total bitch.On a side point, i gotta go get some sleep or I am gonna be dead tomorrow.

Congrats everyone for 600 pages. Only 400 more to go ^.^

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 00:29:52

At 7/5/07 10:52 PM, Gi-go wrote: Neg, I thought your game was pretty cool. I want to work together someday!

Thanks, heheh, cool. Hey, you finally changed your sig! :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 00:37:07

At 7/5/07 11:46 PM, Ertyguy wrote: Transformers
Also in transformers how does megatron know english when he's defrozen?

They were all connected through the interenet. Im sure he would have picked it up somewhere in there.

not that reading forum posts would help at learning proper english at all...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 00:44:45

hi guys! wanted to know if anyone here wanted to join my collab...check it out...the BBS Rules collab. its a great,easy,fun way for n00bs to learn the basic rules.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=70 2470

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 01:40:32

TERRASCAPE
I told you not to submit today...oh well, those game enemies were badass. ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 01:46:32

At 7/6/07 01:40 AM, BoMToons wrote: TERRASCAPE

Daily 3rd isn't so bad. Especially considering the level of yesterday's submitions. You guys should be very proud.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 01:48:44

Actionscript

No one knows actionscript on this forum. Or at least no one cares about it....

<.V

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 01:52:29

At 7/6/07 01:46 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 7/6/07 01:40 AM, BoMToons wrote: TERRASCAPE
Daily 3rd isn't so bad. Especially considering the level of yesterday's submitions. You guys should be very proud.

Yeah, I know, and I am proud, mostly that Neg let me tag along for the ride.

Dad's at work
I hate to be the kid pointing out the emperor's lack of clothing, but that cartoon was pretty sub-par on all levels. I know his first one is a big piece of NG history, but this one would score around a 3.0 if submitted by anyone else.

Just sayin.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 02:23:13

At 7/6/07 01:52 AM, BoMToons wrote: this one would score around a 3.0 if submitted by anyone else.

Agree. But as they say, make fame and go to sleep, you just see it is by someone famous and automatically vote high, i agree if it is under judgement, for the points, but when it doesnt affect your profile you have no excuse to not vote fairly.. That flash wasn't awesome neither artistically or animation-wise, and the story was just random.. I think the flash-bros's submission deserved the daily, it was artstically better and had a good story, but they already have a lot of awards anyways..XD

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 02:38:16

At 7/6/07 01:52 AM, BoMToons wrote:
I hate to be the kid pointing out the emperor's lack of clothing, but that cartoon was pretty sub-par on all levels. I know his first one is a big piece of NG history, but this one would score around a 3.0 if submitted by anyone else.

Just sayin.

Now you're being hars would have been about a 3.6 is my guess but I guess either way I see what you mean alot of people going "0(\/)G D4D'5 H0(\/)3 F1\/3|\|"

God that took a while to type

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 02:46:11

At 7/6/07 01:46 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Daily 3rd isn't so bad. Especially considering the level of yesterday's submitions. You guys should be very proud.

It doesn't bug me too much that I don't get as shiny a pixel trophy. I doubt it'll deeply affect anyone's opinion of the game. Although it would be nice, admittedly ;)

No one knows actionscript on this forum. Or at least no one cares about it....

Says the author of a soundboard, two tutorials and a pong game :P Lots of people here know AS, and use it for games, and are passionate about it.

Okay, off to bed for real now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 02:54:38

At 7/6/07 02:46 AM, NegativeONE wrote: It doesn't bug me too much that I don't get as shiny a pixel trophy. I doubt it'll deeply affect anyone's opinion of the game. Although it would be nice, admittedly ;)

omG I hadnplayed neg's game!!!
Neg YOUR GAME IS AWESOME!!!!
For me, this deserved the daily... I'll vote 5 on it everyday to see if it gets a decent weekly XD.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 03:02:24

WhatsthenameagainScape (Neg's Game)
I thought your game Neg was fun =D (was that awkward english or is it just me)
I found the industrial level a little awkward and at one point on the first level I found myself floating and I had to deliberately fall to my death in order to end the glitch... Other than that I had a lot of fun, just wish the boss and final battles were a littler harder.

sorry to put you guys through this but I found another video similar to that of the dinosaur one I posted earlier.
http://www.biggreenrabbit.com/rhino_song.html
the look on the elephant and hippos faces while the rhino is dancing is priceless.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 03:11:35

RE: Dads at Work

No, it was not as orignal or as good as the first, but it would have gotten alot more then 3.0 if it were sumitted alone. 3.8-4.0 would be my guess, it was still qualit animation and entertaining enough.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 03:16:37

RE: Dad's at Work

At 7/6/07 01:52 AM, BoMToons wrote: I hate to be the kid pointing out the emperor's lack of clothing, but that cartoon was pretty sub-par on all levels. I know his first one is a big piece of NG history, but this one would score around a 3.0 if submitted by anyone else.

Nah, it'd still get somewhere above a 3.5. It was pretty overrated, though - I really felt it lost the charm that the first (one of the most awesome animations ever made for free) really captured. The character wasn't lovable any more and the action all seemed force. Plus the 'To Be Continued' was lamer than lame itself - seriously, it was around 3MB anyway and probably could have been a lot less with some optimisation - why the hell couldn't he make it all at once? It's not like the animation was super-dooper complex or anything.

In any case, animations score 40% more than games of similar quality anyway, so the SFB game is essentially Daily Feature today when you adjust it like that :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-07-06 03:42:28

RE: Dads at Work

For those of you saying that it score is just so high because it's the sequel to a famous Flash and the SBF game should have gotten daily feature, well, that's not fair to say.

Was the score of Dad's at Work tainted a little maybe? It's possible. But come on, look at it from both sides. Was the score of the SBF game tainted a little? Quite possibly, as they have a large following.

So yeah, the score "tainting" evens out so I don't see the need for prorating the score if Dad's at work.