00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAILMAN48 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,905,983 Views | 60,180 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 16:53:13

RE: LF

At 1/7/07 04:48 PM, iAnimate wrote: Well, I can see people being pissed off, but shouln't they hate the fans, not the Author?

No; that would be sensible.

Anywar, TD is right. Voting 0 on average entries isn't the Flash Forum way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 17:20:13

RE: LF

At 1/7/07 04:48 PM, iAnimate wrote: Well, I can see people being pissed off, but shouln't they hate the fans, not the Author?
At 1/7/07 04:53 PM, Paranoia wrote:
No; that would be sensible.

Anywar, TD is right. Voting 0 on average entries isn't the Flash Forum way.

I voted a 4 on it, because I could see he worked sort of hard. Now, to the argument-

Voting 0 just isn't fair. If somebody puts work into something they wouldn't have normally, it's just right to vote on it as if it were any other entry. I know, many, many other people do this. My friends, people I don't know(?), but still, voting fairly is the better way to go.

No idea where that came from...

I've gone and become an SSBB addict... what to do, what to do...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 17:24:49

LF

I voted 4 because i thought it was good, i have nothing against him. Or any other flash artist, if you hate them, ignore them

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 17:34:15

Re: LF

A little re-interpretation of my last post about this subjuct, when I was referring to people who normally don't do good things, I wasn't referring to Legendary Frog.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 17:40:18

Legendary Frog

He had two good animations in my opinion. Hes not a very good animator, and thats why people hate that he gets good scores. If I was willing to sit through his shit I'd probably give it a 0 too. Depends what the score was already at. There are two reasons to vote 0. One is to blam something. The other is lower the score of something you think is too high.

People are always voting on older submissions to adjust the score. Look at the top 50. Every now and then you'll notice a submission shoot up to number one. Like Final Fantasy A+. Its one of my personal favorites, and there must be some people who feel the same way. The submission is damn near 3 years old, with the degeneration of flash scores its obvious that people still vote 5 on it often.

That brings me to another point.

Highest Score

You ever notice its rare to ever find a submission with a score higher than 4.5? And if you do find it, it probably just hit the portal some time that week, and pretty soon its down to 4.24 or something.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 17:50:53

Re: Highest Score
The highest scoring submission I've ever seen it Future, which had like a 4.49 at one point... other than that, nothing really. I personally think the reason is that it (the animation) gets attention from more of the hard-core critics once it gets onto the top fifty, and they don't mass 5 it like many people do through the portal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 17:53:02

RE: Highest Score

Xombie 6 - 4.68
LittleFoot (or the YuYu, I forget which one) - 4.75

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 17:56:16

Highest Score

The highest scoring movies I have seen are:

LittleFoot with like 4.80 or something.

Pico Vs Convict with 4.72

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.

dA

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 18:05:57

Voting.. MEH.

People get so bent out of shape over the politics of voting.. one of the reasons im a level one is because i dont get caught up in that bullshit, ill review a movie but ill never vote on it. If people vote 0 then they vote 0 oh well... i dont work hard for anyone i do it because i felt like it and if my livelihood depends on a bunch of numbers then id be so miserable. I like that LF keeps submitting and going by the beat of his own drummer.. i simply dont like any of his movies. Role playing games i find extremely boring. video game jokes i find to be lame... i couldnt ever picture myself saying hurr hurrr hurr he made a funny about Final Fantasy hurrrrr... and i thought the movie the matrix was dumb.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 18:15:34

Weird Voting Happenings

Is this even possible?

You gave this entry a 0!

You're the saviour! You are one of a number of people who have helped keep this entry in the Portal!

Your experience points have been deposited already today. Thanks for doing the overtime!

It just happened to me like a second ago...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 18:21:13

RE Legendary Frog

3.48, seems to be a fair score. This guy doesn't seem to over-rated to me. Then again, I haven't seen his other work and I intend to shut my computer off in about 10 minutes cause I'm lagging so much it isn't funny.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 18:25:04

Weird Voting Happenings

At 1/7/07 06:15 PM, spare-jello wrote:
Is this even possible?

Yup, obviously. It happened to me too once. It's just that you're the one who cast the final vote, it doesn't have anything to do wether you bad or good on it.

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.

dA

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 18:30:18

RE: Highest score
Think I saw yuyu at 4.90 but most likely 4.80 it was above 4.80, I think it was 4.90 something...

RE: Weird voting happenings
If a movie is gonna pass but you give it a zero as the last person to vote it makes sense that the saviour window would appear, because to compencate for that there would have to be four windows, one for if you tried to fail a flash but it makes, like it says the flash was saved but not so much by you.

Whoa its me!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 19:11:14

At 1/7/07 06:05 PM, Luis wrote: i dont work hard for anyone i do it because i felt like it and if my livelihood depends on a bunch of numbers then id be so miserable.

face it, everyones lifes can be simplified down to numbers, so you have to care about a bunch of numbers, be it your age, paycheck, cah balence, bill and other stuff ;)

i bet if you worked hard on a movie only for it to get 2/5 or even blammed you'd be fucking pissed off ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 21:23:14

At 1/7/07 07:11 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote:
At 1/7/07 06:05 PM, Luis wrote: i dont work hard for anyone i do it because i felt like it and if my livelihood depends on a bunch of numbers then id be so miserable.
face it, everyones lifes can be simplified down to numbers, so you have to care about a bunch of numbers, be it your age, paycheck, cah balence, bill and other stuff ;)

i bet if you worked hard on a movie only for it to get 2/5 or even blammed you'd be fucking pissed off ;)

Yeah, life runs on numbers, but to try to up your numbers to impress a bunch of people on the internet who you will most likely never meet? That is a sad persons life. The only reason I'm a level 10 is because when I'm bored and waiting for a forum reply/ new topic I go vote on shit. It doesn't control my life, like it may control some other peoples. I'm more into looking for acceptance and fame in the real world, not the internet.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 21:26:01

Embarrassing Traits

I've started watching large amounts of anime on youtube in Japanese. The worst part would be that the most recent show I started watching is about a socially awkward high school student with lots of lady-troubles and a fetish for strawberry panties, but aren't they all?

Bold Tittles

We stop using these? Because I have to say I've become quite attached.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 21:36:36

At 1/7/07 06:21 PM, iAnimate wrote: RE Legendary Frog

3.48, seems to be a fair score. This guy doesn't seem to over-rated to me. Then again, I haven't seen his other work and I intend to shut my computer off in about 10 minutes cause I'm lagging so much it isn't funny.

He was huge back in 2003 or 2004. When he came out with enter the matrix everyone orgasmed, and it wasn't even that good. Well, at least not his parts.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 21:39:24

How do you guy's produce really good fire without the potential lag?

Here's an example of fire I did

But if too many fire symbols are on the stage it lags like hell. My question is: is there any ways to create real neat looking flames without it causing huge lag.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 22:04:54

At 1/7/07 09:39 PM, iAnimate wrote: How do you guy's produce really good fire without the potential lag?

Here's an example of fire I did

But if too many fire symbols are on the stage it lags like hell. My question is: is there any ways to create real neat looking flames without it causing huge lag.

FBF it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-07 22:14:24

RE: My Game Idea

No one wants to do a game with me? Just so you know, I posted it somewhere on the last too pages.

Would it be too much to PM a game coder, asking if they'll code it?

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 00:35:43

At 1/7/07 06:05 PM, Luis wrote: Voting.. MEH.

Wow you're a pretty boring person

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 01:11:33

At 1/8/07 12:35 AM, Hornby wrote:

im boring because i dont get really into some aspects of this website?
OK.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 03:38:24

Ah god god so fucked last night. Alot of stuff was going through my head and this is the jist of it. I was walking through town and thinking my legs were feeling strangely like a robot.. like I was half man half robot. Then, I started talking in my head like I was writing a 'captains log', so pausing every so often in a sophisticated 'Dr.Watson' way.

Argh I thought about so much it was getting horrible towards the end, I was sick and that brought me back a bit, then I just wandered home and climbed into bed.

Never wanna get that stoned again.. but I have two joints next to me.. and can't let 'em go to waste :/

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 05:55:30

RE: Voting... MEH.

At 1/8/07 12:35 AM, Hornby wrote:

Everyone has his own tastes, personally I like role playing games if they have enough action - some people don't and there's nothing wierd about that. You can call people who think this kind of things is boring a boring person, but you wouldn't call someone who thinks phillosophy and litterature boring a boring person, would you? People always say the same thing to me when I say I don't *really* listen to music, humans have the right to be different, ya know. (Note: No, I'm not defending luis because he's my e-wife, it's just my opinion)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 06:07:09

RE: Voting... MEH.

I think that's the longest post I've ever seen you write Toast :D. Anyway, pissing off aside, i vote more on the effort someone has made on something, rather than the quality, generally. Say if someone spent a month or so on something, but because they were new, it had glitches or was laggy, I'd still give it a 5 because they worked hard on it. I think that's the fairest way to vote :).

No one wants to put flash on my site :(.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 06:46:24

At 1/8/07 06:07 AM, Depredation wrote: RE: Voting... MEH.

I think that's the longest post I've ever seen you write Toast :D.

loel no, it's just the new toast-fashion. My longest post couldn't fit in 3 posts, and I had the 4posts limit. I also had lots of very long posts on the politics forum, but that's enough information for now, go study your toast history lessons and come back when you're ready for the evaluation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 07:05:28

Re : Toastes Postes

At 1/8/07 06:46 AM, Toast wrote: loel no, it's just the new toast-fashion. My longest post couldn't fit in 3 posts, and I had the 4posts limit. I also had lots of very long posts on the politics forum, but that's enough information for now, go study your toast history lessons and come back when you're ready for the evaluation.

Haha, i take it back, this is the longest single post I've ever seen you make :P.

Not that I've made any longer :P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 07:11:14

RE: Toasts Poasts

face is toast, TU ES UN SPAMMER!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 10:29:45

RE: Toast's posts

Actually the longest one I can find is this, when I was still a cute little nooby, but I'm sure I can find longer ones.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-01-08 11:04:33

RE: Toast's Posts

At 1/8/07 10:29 AM, -Toast- wrote: Actually the longest one I can find is this, when I was still a cute little nooby, but I'm sure I can find longer ones.

What about this one? I'd honestly never seen it before just a few seconds ago ^.^

BBS Signature