00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pitbulljones just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,905,530 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-29 18:52:16

At 9/29/09 01:50 PM, Luis wrote: Good stuff, I would avoid shrinking the ad size on the API-served ads though. If your movie/game becomes super popular and they see you've shrunk it, you could get yourself blacklisted from serving ads by cpmstar. They sell 300x250's to the advertisers, you shrinking or hiding that ad size will piss them off.

I think it's kinda weird this game is still allowed to have NG ads: Every 20 deaths you see ads (even used to be only 5!), and the author's so greedy that he put in both MochiAds and NG ads at this point, the Mochi one on top so that if he tries to load their ad too often it wont show up and the NG one is visible instead. When the MA ad does show up though the other ad is simply hidden behind it, this can easily be seen as it's visible for a second before the MA ad is loaded.

For some random crap game this might not be so surprising, but this random crap game's got medals (meaning at least one admin have played it, but perhaps ads were added after that) and over 150k views.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-29 21:38:47

At 9/29/09 10:12 AM, Luis wrote: **** Whatever you do, do not drink his turbo shandy concoction.
At 9/29/09 12:09 PM, Paranoia wrote: I have to side with Luis on this one :p
At 9/29/09 05:05 PM, jmtb02 wrote: I typically stay away from drinks that have Turbo in the title.

Lads, I am disappoint.

At 9/29/09 10:23 AM, Depredation wrote: I'm guessing it's a mix of vokda, beer, energy drink and lemonade? Or some other unholy combination.

Turbo Shandy is the Jesus of drinks. Basically, you buy a pint and a bottle of WKD. You down half the pint and top it with the WKD. It turns your pint green. 3 or 4 TurboShandies ans you'll know all about it.

It's NOT a ghetto drink.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-29 23:59:24

At 9/29/09 11:41 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
At 9/29/09 11:38 PM, hashbrown wrote:
At 9/29/09 09:38 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Turbo Shandy is the Jesus of drinks. Basically, you buy a pint and a bottle of WKD. You down half the pint and top it with the WKD. It turns your pint green. 3 or 4 TurboShandies ans you'll know all about it.

It's NOT a ghetto drink.
i think ill stick with my pussy smirnoff ice
You sir, have earned my respect. Smirnoff Ice is the drink of warriors.

I prefer mikes hard lime, not lemonade, just lime!! Its the drink of CHAMPIONS!!

also lol! Someone made fanart for me!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 00:06:50

At 9/29/09 11:59 PM, Duchednier wrote: also lol! Someone made fanart for me!

That's the most shmexy chibi thingamabobber ever.

Hey yo

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 00:18:54

At 9/29/09 11:59 PM, Duchednier wrote: I prefer mikes hard lime, not lemonade, just lime!! Its the drink of CHAMPIONS!!

I think a little part of me died when I read that..

Man Up!

:'(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 01:50:28

At 9/29/09 06:52 PM, knugen wrote: For some random crap game this might not be so surprising, but this random crap game's got medals (meaning at least one admin have played it, but perhaps ads were added after that) and over 150k views.

Ads only pay when they're clicked, so spamming impressions and annoying the user does only that and doesn't earn extra $.

Well, they don't really release data on how the ads pay, but clicks play a much larger role than impression volume, and I think some payouts are even dependent on the user doing something on the target site (creating an account, reaching a certain target page) or remaining on it for a certain amount of time.

So, even though the stats show your "ecpm" in terms of impressions, it's not entirely saying "you're guaranteed this many cents per 1000 impressions," It's only telling you how much money you're earning from the users doing one of the blackbox actions per 1000 impressions. That's why the ecpm is so different on different games and can vary greatly even on a day to day basis for just one game.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 01:53:32

At 9/29/09 06:52 PM, knugen wrote: I think it's kinda weird this game is still allowed to have NG ads: Every 20 deaths you see ads (even used to be only 5!), and the author's so greedy that he put in both MochiAds and NG ads at this point,

Well Pigpen is notorious for being 'rebelious' ...youre talking about the guy who made the columbine game so i doubt he really cares, last man itself was mostly built to get a rise out of people anyway. I dont really think its greed, its just him being pigpen. I wouldnt really follow his lead if youre at all serious about it. Ads are a fine line because you flirt with peoples tolerance, if you break that tolerance its very hard to earn that trust back.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 02:16:53

Tomorrow I'm heading off to LA for 5 days

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 07:30:51

At 9/30/09 12:18 AM, Treerung wrote: I think a little part of me died when I read that..

That was the weak part. Now you are stronger.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 12:08:38

At 9/29/09 09:38 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Turbo Shandy is the Jesus of drinks. Basically, you buy a pint and a bottle of WKD. You down half the pint and top it with the WKD. It turns your pint green. 3 or 4 TurboShandies ans you'll know all about it.

It's NOT a ghetto drink.

Did that at a party, more like 3/4 pint + 1/4 wkd, though.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 13:06:15

If anyone feels like beta-testing a game in the next couple of days drop me a pm.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 13:08:26

At 9/30/09 01:06 PM, Xeptic wrote: If anyone feels like beta-testing a game in the next couple of days drop me a pm.

Always available mate :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 15:49:42

At 9/30/09 01:06 PM, Xeptic wrote: If anyone feels like beta-testing a game in the next couple of days drop me a pm.

post link on the reg lounge im sure there's many people here who would like to see it

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 17:00:41

At 9/30/09 03:49 PM, Toast wrote: post link on the reg lounge im sure there's many people here who would like to see it

I would if it was a bit closer to completion, and I wasn't so weary of posting my .swf files where everyone can see/download em. I mainly need some input on gameplay balancing at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 17:03:11

At 9/30/09 01:50 AM, BoMToons wrote:
At 9/29/09 06:52 PM, knugen wrote: For some random crap game this might not be so surprising, but this random crap game's got medals (meaning at least one admin have played it, but perhaps ads were added after that) and over 150k views.
Ads only pay when they're clicked, so spamming impressions and annoying the user does only that and doesn't earn extra $.

I see your point, but isn't there at least some standard rate for impressions? Someone said $0.01/1000 views, but I dunno.

Anyhow, surely this must be worse than resizing the ad a little bit so it fits well in the flash?

At 9/30/09 01:53 AM, Luis wrote: Well Pigpen is notorious for being 'rebelious' ...youre talking about the guy who made the columbine game so i doubt he really cares, last man itself was mostly built to get a rise out of people anyway. I dont really think its greed, its just him being pigpen. I wouldnt really follow his lead if youre at all serious about it. Ads are a fine line because you flirt with peoples tolerance, if you break that tolerance its very hard to earn that trust back.

Yeah, I meant to come to that he doesn't seem to be the "caring" kind but I forgot about that part.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 19:23:11

Just started a new run and gun zombie game, god ive missed animating mindless violence :)

Youre constantly running being chased by a horde of zombies, and can shoot in front and behind you. Gonna be scary :)

Check out some artwork!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 19:51:55

At 9/30/09 07:23 PM, Jimp wrote: Just started a new run and gun zombie game, god ive missed animating mindless violence :)

Youre constantly running being chased by a horde of zombies, and can shoot in front and behind you. Gonna be scary :)

Is that luis in his pajamas?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-09-30 23:15:35

At 9/30/09 07:23 PM, Jimp wrote: Just started a new run and gun zombie game, god ive missed animating mindless violence :)

Check out some artwork!

Love it! It's nice and smooth animation and the character really shows fear in his emotions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 00:50:23

At 9/30/09 07:51 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote:

Is that luis in his pajamas?

cant be me, my skin color is always #cc9966

Anyway, i think that the death animations look great. I love the little blood bounce at the end of it. Your walk/run loops are stuttering on a frame. Might be able to resolve it by just snipping that frame out of it rather than trying to fix it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 06:18:55

I have swine flu.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 06:37:38

At 10/1/09 12:50 AM, Luis wrote: Anyway, i think that the death animations look great. I love the little blood bounce at the end of it. Your walk/run loops are stuttering on a frame. Might be able to resolve it by just snipping that frame out of it rather than trying to fix it.

Cheers mate, well spotted on the run animation ill fix that :) I think the death anims are some of the most important for a game like this, all the satisfaction will be given from killing zombies, so its worth putting in the extra time to make it extra satisfying!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 10:56:02

Looking good jimp. I've always wanted to see a l4d style game in flash.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 12:00:36

Yeah I want to do zombie games properly to be honest, there are a lot out there but only a few that are really great. Unfortunately this is only a week or so project so it wont be as big or polished as the "real" game I want to make. Got
Penguinz 2 to think about first though ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 17:09:11

I'm up for some beta testing. Would be nice to test games other than my own.
Hopefully I can pumped mine out soon so I can pay off the crap caused from the ruckus I talked about my last time posting here.

PS. Make backup copies of the saved files or else corruption my rape you again and I won't always be around to bring the file back to life ;) lol

|- I'm on a Boat - Collab -|- List -|- AS3 -|- Game Poll -|

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 17:19:37

At 10/1/09 05:09 PM, Zuggz wrote: I'm up for some beta testing. Would be nice to test games other than my own.
Hopefully I can pumped mine out soon so I can pay off the crap caused from the ruckus I talked about my last time posting here.

Great cheers! I'll pm you in a couple of days I think.

PS. Make backup copies of the saved files or else corruption my rape you again and I won't always be around to bring the file back to life ;) lol

Still eternally thankful for that. I make two back-ups a day nowadays :)

@ Jimp, sweet art. Are you going to add more dying animations per enemy, or just one?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 19:58:15

At 10/1/09 05:19 PM, Xeptic wrote: @ Jimp, sweet art. Are you going to add more dying animations per enemy, or just one?

Cheers man, yeah ive been working on headshot animations today, you can wait ttil the games done to see those though :P theyre looking sliicck, killing zombies has never been so fun :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-01 22:57:45

At 10/1/09 12:50 AM, Luis wrote: cant be me, my skin color is always #cc9966

And that skin color was #B39581...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-02 10:34:37

My grandpa just burst out a "that's what she said" joke.

WHAT THE FUCK

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-02 12:30:28

At 10/2/09 10:34 AM, fluffkomix wrote: My grandpa just burst out a "that's what she said" joke.

WHAT THE FUCK

oh

shit

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-10-02 21:05:41

At 9/28/06 12:47 PM, GuyWithHisComp wrote:
At 9/28/06 12:42 PM, DFox wrote: Anyone feel the same way?
Yeah, what we should reply to that is:
- If you think THAT is an easy problem, then you're a Flash genious.
- If you can't figure out an easy problem Flash isn't for you.

hi