00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,914,524 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-04 21:55:40

At 6/4/09 09:40 PM, TheHappySheep wrote: stuff

Damn, I wish I there was somebody around here who knew how to use Flash relatively well and could animate.. It's a pain to work with people over the internet sometimes :( You never know when they're on, and it's easier to keep on track with people who you can actually talk to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-04 22:00:21

I would like to hop on the "I-wish-I-had-a-nearby-friend-who-can-an imate"-bandwagon.

I know a few good actionscripters IRL though, better than nothing :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-04 22:21:49

Hey, does anyone remember when this happened?
Epic, right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-04 22:23:29

I don't live particularly close to James anymore, I live in Manchester, he lives in Wolverhampton. It's about an hour on the train. I'm not just here for the game though, his degree show is tomorrow and I went to the same uni so I'm visiting to see his work and his class's work as well as see my tutors and whatnot.
It is handy knowing someone irl who can code. His housemate is chromeshark who I have also used to code a game in the past.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-04 22:51:40

Baseball151 lives maybe a 10 minute bike ride from me, and he's a decent artist. In fifth grade we became friends and by chance found out we both made flash lol.
The RPG we've been working on has slowed down, I'm hopefully finishing the fighting engine tomorrow.

Check out my newest News Post!

Anyone need an artist or coder for a game? Drop me a PM!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-04 23:04:59

At 6/4/09 09:40 PM, TheHappySheep wrote: This is definately the way to work on games. Way more fun than bugging people over msn for weeks on end.

So who wants to come to France? baguettes and croissants will be provided

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-04 23:36:01

At 6/4/09 11:04 PM, Toast wrote:
At 6/4/09 09:40 PM, TheHappySheep wrote: This is definately the way to work on games. Way more fun than bugging people over msn for weeks on end.
So who wants to come to France? baguettes and croissants will be provided

I want to go to France everyday, especially if you live in Bordeaux. The wine. The cheese. :3 I really need to go to another Spiral Tribe party, and see Jean Marc F.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 03:09:18

the only friends that live near me that now how to animate suck. they cant program either.

cept for nutcasenightmare but he's always too busy to hang out >:(

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 05:56:49

At 6/4/09 09:40 PM, TheHappySheep wrote: Here is us hard at work.

James needs to clean up his room. Tsk tsk!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 06:05:23

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 10:10:20

At 6/5/09 06:05 AM, GustTheASGuy wrote: Flixel is out!

no idea what it really does so could someone explain it to me?

also it sorta looks like something that would help out programmers a lot. just my guess.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 11:11:20

At 6/5/09 10:10 AM, fluffkomix wrote: also it sorta looks like something that would help out programmers a lot. just my guess.

Doesn't sound like it. Didn't really look, but just read this line and doesn't sound like it helps:

"an object-oriented framework that lets anyone create original and complex games with thousands of objects on screen in just a few hours, without using any of the Flash libraries."

"anyone" doesn't help programmers in my opinion. I'll look at it more later though, could be wrong.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 11:24:16

All 3 of my housemates are on a computer programming course, so ive usually got someone around who knows how to code! I made Fowl Play with one of them. Ive also got a good friend on my course who programs, hopefully we are gonna collaborate for our final year projects.

I agree, working together IRL is a LOT more productive and rewarding.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 12:13:02

Holy fucking shit!

My parents just came from United States, so I'm enjoying all the treats that I couldn't enjoy that are only in USA. Oh my, these peanut butter fillend M&Ms are fucking delicious, must remember to dig further and see what else there is in that luggage!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 12:31:47

i will stop redesigning my website constantly... i will stop redesigning my website constantly... i will stop redesigning my website constantly... I will stop redesigning my website constantly...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 13:08:46

lol Kayn. I feel your pain. I've been updating and tweaking mine, offline, for 4 years. It's a running joke between me and the wife now. She says, "Wow. Nice looking site. Too bad no one can fucking see it!".

At least yours is up. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 13:10:16

At 6/5/09 12:31 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: i will stop redesigning my website constantly... i will stop redesigning my website constantly... i will stop redesigning my website constantly... I will stop redesigning my website constantly...

Flash? You should go for some CSS, man. That whole 'using Flash for entire websites' idea was demolished near the start of the decade. It only works well in exceptionally rare circumstances.

Also, are any UK guys keeping up with the local elections? British politics has go to the stage where it's more or less the antithesis of the ultra-optimistic US elections. I mean, it's cool and all to have an actual member of the undead in charge of the nation, but when the BNP start actually getting elected things really have passed critical point.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 13:14:34

Meh, I'm still working on learning how to program PHP and MySQL, it's true, using flash to develop an entire website isn't really the best idea...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 13:36:35

At 6/5/09 01:10 PM, Paranoia wrote: Flash? You should go for some CSS, man. That whole 'using Flash for entire websites' idea was demolished near the start of the decade. It only works well in exceptionally rare circumstances.

Let's not forget the wonderful design of tim langdell's sites

http://www.edgegames.com/

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 13:38:27

At 6/5/09 01:14 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Meh, I'm still working on learning how to program PHP and MySQL, it's true, using flash to develop an entire website isn't really the best idea...

i wish i knew how to make websites, then mine wouldn't suck so bad :(

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 13:38:50

At 6/5/09 01:10 PM, Paranoia wrote: Also, are any UK guys keeping up with the local elections? British politics has go to the stage where it's more or less the antithesis of the ultra-optimistic US elections. I mean, it's cool and all to have an actual member of the undead in charge of the nation, but when the BNP start actually getting elected things really have passed critical point.

Im lucky enough to live in one of the BNPs wards. And yeah, im pretty pissed off about it. Least the tories took a big majority overall though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 14:03:12

At 6/5/09 01:36 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 6/5/09 01:10 PM, Paranoia wrote: Flash? You should go for some CSS, man. That whole 'using Flash for entire websites' idea was demolished near the start of the decade. It only works well in exceptionally rare circumstances.
Let's not forget the wonderful design of tim langdell's sites

http://www.edgegames.com/

oh and for those who don't know

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/StephenJa cobs/20090601/1615/Class_Acts_Or_Not_The _IGDA_Langdell_Capps_and_quotPolicingquo t_the_Board.php

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 14:21:09

At 6/5/09 01:38 PM, CaiWengi wrote: Im lucky enough to live in one of the BNPs wards. And yeah, im pretty pissed off about it. Least the tories took a big majority overall though.

I'm from Leeds, pretty much the home of the BNP.. Personally I don't give a shit who's in, as long as they aren't radical (I count the BNP as radical). I also don't want the conservatives in (though I know this is going to happen), because David Cameron is a big cock. Basically, my view is that no matter what party is in power they will do almost the same thing as any other part would do.. so if I were to vote I'd vote for whichever party had the leader I could stand hearing about/seeing for 4 years (David Cameron, a prime example of someone who does not fit this criteria). Gordon Brown I can stand, for some reason, and I actually liked Tony Blair.. he seemed nice enough, and he wasn't a complete tool.

If you look at a list of prime ministers, you can see that their is a pattern in the parties.. we have one party for 1-2 terms, then another party is elected - this is because the main parties are no better than each other, but when things to tits up we go "FUCK NO, CHANGE PARTY" - this is also apparant in the USA with the republicans/democrats. In the UK the main parties are Conservative and Labour (i.e. it has been almost 100 years since any party were in power other than those 2, that being Liberals in 1916-1922 with David Lloyd George).

On another note, the only prime minister to ever come from Leeds (where I'm from) was Herbert Henry Asquith in 1908-1916, he was Liberal (they had quite a nice reign in the early 20th century) and lasted 8 years, a record which was only surpassed by... Margaret Thatcher.

Wikipedia is fantastic for "research-on-the-go".

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 14:49:37

Boo hiss to you and your CSS. I spend most of my work day doing CSS because I have no Flash work to do. I've been learning Phuhp and mySquirrel because I've got so little to do. :p

In all fairness, I'm doing a Flash design because
a - I'm a Flash Developer, by trade. Actual trade
b - I would like a portfolio that showcases my Flash work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 14:50:36

At 6/5/09 02:21 PM, liaaaam wrote:
At 6/5/09 01:38 PM, CaiWengi wrote: Im lucky enough to live in one of the BNPs wards. And yeah, im pretty pissed off about it. Least the tories took a big majority overall though.
I'm from Leeds, pretty much the home of the BNP.. Personally I don't give a shit who's in, as long as they aren't radical (I count the BNP as radical). I also don't want the conservatives in (though I know this is going to happen), because David Cameron is a big cock. Basically, my view is that no matter what party is in power they will do almost the same thing as any other part would do.. so if I were to vote I'd vote for whichever party had the leader I could stand hearing about/seeing for 4 years (David Cameron, a prime example of someone who does not fit this criteria). Gordon Brown I can stand, for some reason, and I actually liked Tony Blair.. he seemed nice enough, and he wasn't a complete tool.

The Lib Dems seem to have a substantial chance of becomming the main opposition party after a general election :/

Cameron is thankfully pretty fucked if the Tories get in - if this recession goes on as long as is predicted they'll take a lot of the blame for its effects over the next half a decade, not to mention the fact that they seem to have no policies beyond mindlessly attacking Labour.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 14:55:30

At 6/5/09 02:21 PM, liaaaam wrote: I'm from Leeds, pretty much the home of the BNP.. Personally I don't give a shit who's in, as long as they aren't radical (I count the BNP as radical). I also don't want the conservatives in (though I know this is going to happen), because David Cameron is a big cock.

Me and you have so much in common. The Conservatives have just feasted on the credit crunch and put angry pictures of Gordon Brown in their leaflets, i'm pretty sure the whole world is effected, it isn't labours fault directly. Anyway, enough mild and probably incorrect politics :P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 15:05:52

God damn democrats staeling mah Congress >:(

Check out my newest News Post!

Anyone need an artist or coder for a game? Drop me a PM!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 15:19:44

At 6/5/09 02:21 PM, liaaaam wrote: I'm from Leeds, pretty much the home of the BNP..

I'm from burnley, THE home of the BNP :)

Personally I don't give a shit who's in, as long as they aren't radical (I count the BNP as radical). I also don't want the conservatives in (though I know this is going to happen), because David Cameron is a big cock.

I agree, I hate all the bullshit publicity stunts, but Browno tries them as much as he can, its just that hes really really bad at it.

Basically, my view is that no matter what party is in power they will do almost the same thing as any other part would do..

Very narrow minded and completely wrong view. Your views common, its just that people pay no notice as to what the government is actually doing, and then claim they do nothing. Conservatives would basically of spent very little money on getting Britain out of the economic crisis, they have opposing views on how to deal with it.

so if I were to vote I'd vote for whichever party had the leader I could stand hearing about/seeing for 4 years (David Cameron, a prime example of someone who does not fit this criteria).

Ah so youd go for the american system of 'I like that guy I could go to a bar with him'. Id much rather have some idiot that annoyed me, but made good policy choices, then have someone with a pretty face who led Britain into an awful place. You cant honestly think the most powerful position in the country should be based on whos least annoying, this isnt big brother.

If you look at a list of prime ministers, you can see that their is a pattern in the parties.. we have one party for 1-2 terms, then another party is elected - this is because the main parties are no better than each other, but when things to tits up we go "FUCK NO, CHANGE PARTY"

Its not that at all. Its that its much easier to criticise then it is to defend yourself and come up with good policies. People quickly forget what the previous government was like, and forget all of their mistakes. The party thats currently in, now they can remember there mistakes, and so they vote for change. Also, we get people who do absolutely no research on policy, care not at all about politics, and base things on perhaps how annoying people are :P

- this is also apparant in the USA with the republicans/democrats. In the UK the main parties are Conservative and Labour (i.e. it has been almost 100 years since any party were in power other than those 2, that being Liberals in 1916-1922 with David Lloyd George).

On another note, the only prime minister to ever come from Leeds (where I'm from) was Herbert Henry Asquith in 1908-1916, he was Liberal (they had quite a nice reign in the early 20th century) and lasted 8 years, a record which was only surpassed by... Margaret Thatcher.

He was an awful prime minister. Absolutely awful. Dont even let me get into that :P

I don't want to sound harsh on you, but I hope you never vote, and people with as much interest in politics as you don't vote, unfortunately thats about 95% of people :P Im completely against democracy as you could hopefully tell. As churchill said : "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 15:47:31

At 6/5/09 03:19 PM, CaiWengi wrote: I agree, I hate all the bullshit publicity stunts, but Browno tries them as much as he can, its just that hes really really bad at it.

David Cameron is good? Sure he gets in the public eye, but in a negative way.. I don't know anyone that isn't annoyed by him, though most of my friends are labour/liberal (though most don't vote of course).

Very narrow minded and completely wrong view. Your views common, its just that people pay no notice as to what the government is actually doing, and then claim they do nothing.

Hmm, that's your opinion :P We don't really have any proof. Each leader promises many things about what they will do if elected, then.. don't do any of that. They do what they can with what they have, but each party is very similar. For example, I had a leaflet delivered advertising the conservatives views and it was saying they were going to vote no to lots of EU stuff - didn't Labour promise the exact same thing? I'm not pretending to be an expert on political happenings, but I'm pretty sure they did and they couldn't. The fact is, we're part of the EU and we need the EU. Some things need to be changed, but we have to make sacrifices also.

Ah so youd go for the american system of 'I like that guy I could go to a bar with him'.

I never said someone I liked, just that I don't mind seeing on the news and panel shows and things. We need someone who is good at talking to the press (Gordon Brown does fuck up quite a bit, but it's usually small things). Boris Johnson is fantastic - he's great at being in the press, and everyone laughs at him, but it's in a nice way.. he's a nice guy, and he's quirky.

Its not that at all.

You just contradicted yourself - you say it's not that at all, yet then you explain that the voters forget how bad the past government was and votes them back in; which is my point exactly!

I don't want to sound harsh on you, but I hope you never vote, and people with as much interest in politics as you don't vote, unfortunately thats about 95% of people :P

I don't have any interest in politics, because it is all bollocks, and I never will vote, because my vote does not count. It's not a single vote that matters, it is the public as a whole.. who are not swayed by actual political integrity but by the press and publicity stunts.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-06-05 15:50:29

At 6/5/09 03:47 PM, liaaaam wrote: it is the public as a whole.. who are not swayed by actual political integrity but by the press and publicity stunts.

I don't care if I pollute because just 1 person. It's the population as a whole that counts.

BBS Signature