00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wikistudios just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'll give you feedback!

1,273 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 11:52:12

Why? Because I'm an art student in his final year and I drew a naked chick.

So basicaly, ask me anything you want. Show me any drawings you've made that you have QUESTIONS about or CARE about constructive feedback.

And post it in the thread, outside links are no longer an excuse ( except the link I just made haha ). And show me stuff you've spent time on, not just everything you've taken out of your doodle book or some shit.

LET'S GET IT ON :o

BBS Signature

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 11:55:44

i've tried making some hands lately, but i think i'm failing.. This is the best product 'till now.. Tell me what's wrong with it... !

I'll give you feedback!

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 12:05:17

At 9/16/06 11:53 AM, Doodle wrote: Don't hurt me.

Post them in here and not like 10 at once, maybe 2-3 of your favourites. yarggle

At 9/16/06 11:55 AM, WhoIsLikeGod wrote: i've tried making some hands lately, but i think i'm failing.. This is the best product 'till now.. Tell me what's wrong with it... !

Well first off, in the background, you used a weird shadow effect for the hand and the ball that pretty much destroys the 3D in your image. Not it looks weirdly flat.
Anyways drawing hands is pretty hard, that for sure. One thing I see is that the fingertips on your drawing are the widest part of the finger, when the first joint is. Just gives hands that weird woobly look. Remember that a finger is like a mini-cone. It progressively gets smaller ( in average ).
And your thumb suffers from the “giant nail syndrome” :p
Look at your thumb from a top-view. You can see the entire nail can be contained within the fingertip.

Its the little things!
The little things!!!

BBS Signature

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 12:18:38

I'd love some advice on my drawings.
And I didn't do a background on purpose, and I know the little things matter the most so sorry about that. :P

I'll give you feedback!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 12:19:31

Drew this Bedn and Wade pic last year, got a B- becausee you weren't supposed to color.
I need to smooth it out, however.

I'll give you feedback!

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 12:22:22

At 9/16/06 12:05 PM, poxpower wrote: Well first off.....

Thanks for comments.. I'll keep that in mind... :D

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 13:58:01

At 9/16/06 12:09 PM, Doodle wrote:

Negative Feedback : You're lazy!
Postivite Feedback : You don't feel pressured by work!

At 9/16/06 12:18 PM, MetalDart wrote: I'd love some advice on my drawings.
And I didn't do a background on purpose, and I know the little things matter the most so sorry about that. :P

You copied off something, and it didn't work : (
When you base yourself off something, try to draw the biggest elements first in very little detail, i.e the torso I guess. Then place the legs, arms and whatever else according to the proportion of the torso.
Another thing to check out is if you understand how things are shaped and why. For instance, let's say there's stripe or a pipe that runs on the costume. If you draw the starting point and then just try to make the pipe follow the same line as the drawing you're copying without really knowing where its going, then you'll just make some weird crooked thing.
If you understand your shapes, you can interpret them yourself and draw them so they look more natural even if they're not EXACTLY like your model.

At 9/16/06 12:19 PM, MrMonopoly wrote: Drew this Bedn and Wade pic last year, got a B- becausee you weren't supposed to color.
At 9/16/06 12:19 PM, MrMonopoly wrote: Drew this Bedn and Wade pic last year, got a B- becausee you weren't supposed to color.

Ok one thing that would really help you out is learning that when you color, you don't leave white spots.
Buy some markers or something if that'll help you do it faster :o

At 9/16/06 12:25 PM, fetusdoctor wrote:
Anywho, comments please!

Well.
Its pretty awful :o
What can I say? That's what happens when you MS paint something in 5 minutes.

BBS Signature

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 14:15:17

At 9/16/06 01:58 PM, poxpower wrote: VERY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

Wow. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for all the feedback Pox, I'll be sure to improve as much as I can. :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to I'll give you feedback! 2006-09-16 14:15:49

Crticize please... Basically this is my drawing of kurt cobain from the music video of "Smells like Teen Spirit" and i drew it in my Bio class because I was real bored so there it is. And it's too large to upload here so thats why I linked it.

Techno IS overrated

BBS Signature