00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kinoki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?"

3,177 Views | 20 Replies

Serious question:
Why do Christians consider drinking alcohol or smoking weed as "immoral?"

In the bible, the characters are constantly getting drunk and doing stupid things (such as Abraham having sex with his own daughters) and these characters are not punished. It also says in the bible that G-d had given all plants for humanity to use.

So why do Christians consider these things wrong?

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:38:07

The bible is full of horrible contradictions with other scripture around the world.

religion doe snot always have the awnser.

besides it's probably viewed immoral as wife beating and anger tend to follow with most drunks(if married) so it is seen as bad either way. Christians are happy not angry people, hence alcohol and drunkeness tend to do that.

alcohol make people nasty and different, fucks most people up if you get drunk so you deserve what you get out of your own stupidity.

this is all pureley a guess though.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:39:14

At 8/21/06 11:33 AM, PacoW wrote:

Not all christians ofcourse..
you sillybuns!

Remember, they give you wine in church! Wine is alcohol!

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:39:30

I am Christian, so I at least know my answer.

It is immoral because the Bible says we should treat our bodies as holy temples of God. Additionally, while drinking may not be immoral, getting drunk is because of how it is detrimenta to body and mind, as well as the fact that it makes you more likely to commit other sins while drunk.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:39:48

Dont know about christians, but mormons dislike it becuase its mood altering. Your not supposed to drink, eat or smoke anything that changes your mood or abilities. They also dont like caffine.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:40:06

At 8/21/06 11:39 AM, TwO_FaCeD_PaRaNoID wrote:
At 8/21/06 11:33 AM, PacoW wrote:
Not all christians ofcourse..
you sillybuns!

Remember, they give you wine in church! Wine is alcohol!

I meant more of alcohol abuse, not occasional sipping.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:40:20

At 8/21/06 11:33 AM, PacoW wrote: So why do Christians consider these things wrong?

You simple soul.

Everyone back then with a holy status could do whatever his unpolished wang desired.

BBS Signature

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:40:26

Christians don't consider the use of alcohol immoral. They consider the abuse of it immoral, as is anything that takes away from your ability to exercise morality and your cognizance of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:41:06

At 8/21/06 11:39 AM, ornery_scotsman wrote: They also dont like caffine.

WTF HOW DO THEY STAY ALIVE!?!?

i suppose multiple wives make up for that D:

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:41:16

At 8/21/06 11:33 AM, PacoW wrote: Serious question:
Why do Christians consider drinking alcohol or smoking weed as "immoral?"

In the bible, the characters are constantly getting drunk and doing stupid things (such as Abraham having sex with his own daughters) and these characters are not punished. It also says in the bible that G-d had given all plants for humanity to use.

So why do Christians consider these things wrong?

I guess as time continued the problems that came with alcohol became actually problems, like murder, most of these problems are caused by the creation on guns, and other weapons, and in the end it all comes back to God giving us the things that led to the problems of today... meaning... I forgot, alcohol bad... unless it's me.

BBS Signature

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:42:25

At 8/21/06 11:41 AM, DragonsGrief wrote:
i suppose multiple wives make up for that D:

Whats the punishment for many wives? Many mother in laws.

That would keep you awake.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:42:55

Alcohol is immoral because it isn't marijuana.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:43:01

If you tried to follow a perfectly christian lifestyle, you would fail. You would probably end up breaking several rules somehow, and it would be incredibly boring.

Don't bother even listening to people who follow a fictional book of contradictions.
I'm not referring to every single christian on this Earth, because obviously they're not all like that.

Anyways, religion should not rule your lifestyle.

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:43:20

At 8/21/06 11:33 AM, PacoW wrote: In the bible, the characters are constantly getting drunk and doing stupid things (such as Abraham having sex with his own daughters) and these characters are not punished.

Yes they were. The punishment is not always recorded, though. Additionally, God will use our flaws and our failures to accomplish his will.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:43:54

this is utter bullshit. all this discussion about christianity and their lousy, fucking, stupid, brainwashing morals.
they give out wine in church, and claim "its blood". so they filling your head with thoughts of vampires and cannibalism, as well as giving you alcohol.
convert. the end.

Why is Drinking Alcohol

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:46:50

Escaping reality is cheap.

and if I can quote Pcu; 'FEED US DRINKS! GET US LAID! AAAARRRRGGGHH'

The cake is a spy... hahaha no

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:48:10

At 8/21/06 11:43 AM, N-Antichrist wrote: Don't bother even listening to people who follow a fictional book of contradictions.
I'm not referring to every single christian on this Earth, because obviously they're not all like that.

If people don't follow or practice things that are in the Bible, or believe in the truth of it, then they aren't "Christians."

BBS Signature

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:48:15

At 8/21/06 11:43 AM, DragonsGrief wrote: this is utter bullshit. all this discussion about christianity and their lousy, fucking, stupid, brainwashing morals.

The morals are to show you that you have fallen from God's will (we all have) and that you need Christ's redemption, since you can't be perfect.

they give out wine in church, and claim "its blood". so they filling your head with thoughts of vampires and cannibalism, as well as giving you alcohol.

The communion is symbolic of Christ's sacrifice for us and our accepting of that sacrifice

convert. the end.

I honestly hope that you will come to see the error of your ways before you die

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:50:55

I'm Christian, and I drink and smoke and toke like tomorrow was our last day alive. I don't push my morals on other people, because honestly, you can't convert people who don't want to be converted, and if they do, they'll probably do it themselves. I try to do well, and what I think to be right, but I disagree with the Bible sometimes too. Whatever.

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:53:02

I'm christian, and i drink. :) OH TEH NOES NOW GOD WILL SMITE ME!! :O

Response to Why is Drinking Alcohol "Immoral?" 2006-08-21 11:54:46

At 8/21/06 11:53 AM, seel wrote: I'm christian, and i drink. :) OH TEH NOES NOW GOD WILL SMITE ME!! :O

indeed.

*white lightning bolt strikes seel*