00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Weezyfresh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stage Size Question

567 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Stage Size Question 2006-07-28 04:27:55

Hi. I'm new to flash and am totally confused by one thing (though I'm sure other things'll confuse me soon enough -- heh). I'm using MX Pro v. 7 and every time I create a new flash document with the standard stage size of 550 x 400 px and import an image (say a JPG file) into the library that's larger than the stage -- say 1200 x 400 px -- and use Ctrl + Enter to preview a movie, the whole image shows up instead of just the part that's over the stage.

Is there any way to adjust a setting somewhere in the program so that only the part of an oversized image that's over the stage shows up in the animation? Or does the stage always automatically expand to include all of an oversized image?

Thanks.

Response to Stage Size Question 2006-07-28 04:32:48

At 7/28/06 04:27 AM, mike_duron wrote: Hi. I'm new to flash and am totally confused by one thing (though I'm sure other things'll confuse me soon enough -- heh). I'm using MX Pro v. 7 and every time I create a new flash document with the standard stage size of 550 x 400 px and import an image (say a JPG file) into the library that's larger than the stage -- say 1200 x 400 px -- and use Ctrl + Enter to preview a movie, the whole image shows up instead of just the part that's over the stage.

Is there any way to adjust a setting somewhere in the program so that only the part of an oversized image that's over the stage shows up in the animation? Or does the stage always automatically expand to include all of an oversized image?

It's possible that you may have your CTRL+Enter viewing screen in full screen mode. If you restore it, then it should work (restore as in make not full sreen... xDD) Hope I helped!

Thanks.

BBS Signature