00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

meatbeast12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Preloader Help 2006-07-28 02:53:33

Basically, I want to have a horizontally oriented image as the loading bar so that at 0%, the image isn't visible, at 50%, the left half is visible, and at 100% the entire thing is.
The best I could come up with was putting a rectangle on top of the image that shrunk as the thing loads, revealing the image underneath. The problem is that I can only get it to shrink towards the left, so the image underneath grows from the right, not the left. The problem I'm having is trying to find a way to have the image grow to the right, or the mask rectangle shrink from the left to the right.

Any help is appreciated.

Response to Preloader Help 2006-07-28 03:04:14

You should use alpha. Not some sort of rectangle.

Response to Preloader Help 2006-07-28 03:09:48

How would alpha work with a preloader bar?

Response to Preloader Help 2006-07-28 03:18:45

Well, I'm not that familiar with preloaders, but you could just have the first frame the image converted to a graphic, then in properties set the alpha to 0, and then a keyframe at frame 100 same graphic with alpha of 100.
Then some you put in the 'gotoAndStop(percentLoaded)' or something like that.

Response to Preloader Help 2006-07-28 03:26:51

That's not exactly what I want, since it'd make the whole thing fade in, but I'm assuming it'll work (with it filling in from the right) if I do almost the same thing except with the rectangle starting off covering the image at frame 1 and then off to the right at frame 100, then tweening it and having the gotoAndStop(PrecentLoaded)

Thx a lot for giving me the idea