00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

x3rdbornx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

islam mutilates little girls

827 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

islam mutilates little girls 2006-07-27 23:09:27

LONDON, July 26 (Reuters) - Sacdiya Hussein Ali was 7 years old when she was taken to a stranger's house in her native Kenya and held down on a mat by 10 women who pulled her legs apart while a woman cut her with a razor blade.

"The lady who was doing the circumcision came between my legs and she started cutting my private parts," Ali, now 34 and living in London, told Reuters.

"After the cutting I was screaming. They had put some clothes in my mouth so I couldn't shout, but they could still hear me screaming."

Ali is one of an estimated 3 million women and girls who suffer female genital mutilation (FGM) each year.

The practice, also known as female circumcision, involves removing part or all of a girl's clitoris or labia. It is often carried out by an older woman with no medical training, using anything from scissors to tin can lids and pieces of glass.

The victims have no idea what is going to happen to them and anaesthetic or antiseptic treatment is often not used.

"When they cut me, they mixed some herbs and eggs ... and poured it where they had cut and stitched me with thorns," Ali recounted.

The centuries-old practice, prevalent mostly in Africa, is now also being brought by immigrants to Western countries, like Britain.

"FGM is a huge problem in the UK," said Ensharah Ahmed, community development officer at the UK-based Foundation for Women's Health, Research and Development (Forward).

Forward estimates there are around 279,500 women living in Britain who have undergone FGM, with another 22,000 girls under 16 in danger of joining them.

This year London police launched an awareness campaign to coincide with the start of the summer school holidays -- a period, they say, when women who carry out FGM are most likely to come to Britain, or when families send their daughters back to their countries of origin where they can be circumcised.

BBS Signature

Response to islam mutilates little girls 2006-07-27 23:11:57

Response to islam mutilates little girls 2006-07-27 23:12:36

sorry wrong forum my bad guys

BBS Signature

Response to islam mutilates little girls 2006-07-27 23:13:03

Either you posted this in the wrong section or you have one of the crudest flash ideas I've seen in a while... T_l

Response to islam mutilates little girls 2006-07-27 23:43:23

Shut up about the bad stuff with islam. Its just people who call themselves islamic and are retarded!

Response to islam mutilates little girls 2006-07-28 01:28:36

Actually, this would probably make an excellent flash animation.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging in your art what really goes on in the world.

Consider Picasso's Guernica or Goya's The Shootings of May Third 1808.