00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Frame-by-framing

679 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Frame-by-framing 2006-07-27 21:36:42

I just want to know the best way to do frame-by-frame animations without making your file-size so gigantic. I ask this on the forums because I looked at most of the tutorials on here and they didn't help me too much on actual compression before-hand. Or if there's a tutorial somewhere on the internet that goes more in detail with this, a link would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Response to Frame-by-framing 2006-07-27 21:40:35

yep

Frame-by-framing

Response to Frame-by-framing 2006-07-27 22:12:31

Okay, firstly, Scott, that's not what I'm talking about. That is as obvious as you sardonically put it.

And that's weird, because I made some full-length movies purely frame-by-frame with file sizes that went up to 25 megs, and I even tried doing all that compression mumbo-jumbo along with tweaking sound settings to where they actually compress correctly, and still getting file-sizes up to 8 megs. And now I make use of a lot of layers at once and optimizing curves. I know it's hard to explain precisely what my situation is, but I'm trying to make credible full-length animations and I don't wanna screw it up to where it's 8 megs purely based on actual-animation mistakes (plus I don't really have time to "practice" since I already spent plenty of time before that on intentionally crappy animations).

I also notice how people talk about how you can utilize filters and transparency effects, yet when I tried using such, the movie would severely lag (granted it didn't look totally amazing, but it really brought it down). Is there much of a point to these, because I could personally make good use of them.