00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Template88 supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

404,330 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-20 17:59:10

So, yeah, Zombie Owen. Decent episode, would have been a lot better if the Grim Reaper effects weren't at about the same standard as the skeletons in "Jason and the Argonauts".

The glove was a bit of a cheap plot line, though. That's the first thing I thought when I saw him die, but I didn't think they're be that unoriginal.

Anyway, more Zombie Owen next episode, punching electrical stuff to recharge himself like you'd see in some sub-par superhero game. He'll probably die in it.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-20 18:14:13

At 2/20/08 05:59 PM, TheMaster wrote: So, yeah, Zombie Owen. Decent episode, would have been a lot better if the Grim Reaper effects weren't at about the same standard as the skeletons in "Jason and the Argonauts".

It would of been much better if they actually made him look like the Grim Reaper rather than being cheap and adding a smoke effect so you could barley see him.

The glove was a bit of a cheap plot line, though. That's the first thing I thought when I saw him die, but I didn't think they're be that unoriginal.

Yeah I know what you mean but what else could they do to bring him back? They pretty much had to bring him back to have another episode.

Also didn't those totally black eyes remind you of that episode of Doctor Who when they were on that space ship? The one with the Oods nad he had writing on his face.
It relates alot to that episode because it feels likemthe oods have evoled in the Weevils.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-20 18:22:30

At 2/20/08 06:14 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Also didn't those totally black eyes remind you of that episode of Doctor Who when they were on that space ship? The one with the Oods nad he had writing on his face.

Yes, first thing I thought when I saw it. Torchwood seems to do that a lot, have things that COULD be related to other things in the Doctor Who universe, then having them turn out to be completely unrelated.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-20 18:30:55

At 2/20/08 06:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: Yes, first thing I thought when I saw it. Torchwood seems to do that a lot, have things that COULD be related to other things in the Doctor Who universe, then having them turn out to be completely unrelated.

It's quite a nice idea if you're watching it with other people that have interest in Doctor Who aswell as Torchwood, because we're saying "Hey, I like th is Doctor Who reference" and then it totally turns around.

On another not; The actor from the ship episode with the Oods who had writing over his face seems to have a striking resemlence to Owen from Torchwood. Well that's how it occurs to my memory.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-20 19:54:44

At 2/20/08 07:34 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I missed the new torchwood, which channel was it on?

BBC3 10:00PM

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-20 19:56:30

Also forgot to say: You can watch all the latest stuff from the BBC channels on BBCi Player.
Really handy when your busy 'cos then you can watch it when you want. But the new stuff only stays out for a week and then it's gone.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-21 02:30:56

Oh hey guys. I'm going to have a wrestling match with the Grim Reaper.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-21 13:17:36

Trial of a Timelord confirmed for DVD. 14 part story arc.

Colin Baker, unfortunately. Less shit doctors, more Jon Pertwee, please.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-23 07:07:14

Patrick Troughton episode "The War Games", a 10 part story, confirmed for DVD release. It's about time we got more Troughton, especially since there's so few of his episodes still around.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-27 16:51:13

Make sure no one posts or submits flashes while I'm gone. :p
Torchwood's on!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-27 17:40:57

So...nothing happened. At all. It got to 20 minutes in and I was waiting for Owen to go batshit insane and start killing people or something, but NOTHING happened. Last weeks trailer was very misleading.

Regarding next week, ALIEN RAPE. /d/ material, right there.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-27 17:44:50

At 2/27/08 05:40 PM, TheMaster wrote: So...nothing happened. At all. It got to 20 minutes in and I was waiting for Owen to go batshit insane and start killing people or something, but NOTHING happened. Last weeks trailer was very misleading.

Not enough action happening. It needed more guns and there's wasn't ANY aliens which is what Torchwood is about.

Regarding next week, ALIEN RAPE. /d/ material, right there.

Next weeks looks. Intersting.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-27 17:59:38

At 2/27/08 05:44 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Next weeks looks. Intersting.

Looks HOT A HELL.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-27 18:00:09

At 2/27/08 05:59 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 2/27/08 05:44 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Next weeks looks. Intersting.
Looks HOT A HELL.

AND HOT AS HELL.

The Master innit

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-28 02:33:09

If I don't get an episode like the orgasm life stealing alien one from the first series, I'm going to feel let down.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-28 04:19:51

Sorry to change the subject from Torchwood but I just finished watching the final episode featuring William Hartnell and I felt this landmark was worth a post.

Since I'm watching every episode in order that brings my total time spent watching doctor who up to around 55.5 hours. I'm one tenth of the way there!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-28 14:22:00

At 2/28/08 04:19 AM, Sticky wrote: Since I'm watching every episode in order that brings my total time spent watching doctor who up to around 55.5 hours. I'm one tenth of the way there!

My dream is to have the full collection fo the Doctor Who series. The only old video of Doctor Who I've got is 'Greatest Show in the Galaxy'. That ticketman has haunted me to this very moment. *shudder*

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-28 14:27:11

At 2/28/08 04:19 AM, Sticky wrote: Sorry to change the subject from Torchwood but I just finished watching the final episode featuring William Hartnell and I felt this landmark was worth a post.

The Tenth Planet is awesome, hope they do a reconstruction of the last episode like they did with The Invasion, or better yet find a copy of it.

At 2/28/08 02:22 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: My dream is to have the full collection fo the Doctor Who series. The only old video of Doctor Who I've got is 'Greatest Show in the Galaxy'. That ticketman has haunted me to this very moment. *shudder*

It's unlikely they'll all ever be made available. They stopped making them on video when DVD came out, and in a few years they'll probably go over to Blu-ray. Downloads are the only real way to get EVERYTHING, and even then the quality is hit and miss. Also, missing episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-28 15:29:52

At 2/28/08 02:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: It's unlikely they'll all ever be made available. They stopped making them on video when DVD came out, and in a few years they'll probably go over to Blu-ray. Downloads are the only real way to get EVERYTHING, and even then the quality is hit and miss. Also, missing episodes.

Well I could just try and find some videos to start off.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-02-28 15:48:52

At 2/28/08 03:29 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Well I could just try and find some videos to start off.

There's a shop near me that stocks loads of the videos, but I think it's just a local thing. Used to be a market stall until the market it was in shut down, and mainly sold comics and movie figures, disappeared for a year or two, and has come back as a shop full of sci-fi and anime DVDs and videos. I don't have a VCR, though.

It's called Universal Export, on the off chance they've got stores anywhere else. They've got a brilliant poster advertising themselves, it's in the style of Russian propaganda.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-05 17:43:37

Torchwood lacked alien rape. A bite? I mean, come on, at least have some implied sex or a slew of innuendos.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-05 17:58:14

Argh! I missed Torchwood AGAIN!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-06 02:16:30

Just saw last weeks episode for the first time, and I thought it was really good. Probably my favourite of the season, actually.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-06 18:11:38

Know how I bought the new version of The Five Doctors so that it would fit in with the rest of them? It comes in a cardboard sleeve, so now it doesn't fit in even more! Hurray!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-09 18:55:06

FUCK YOU BBC.

They're releasing a Sontaran box set, with a new episode and all the ones I've already got in it. It had better just be a box containing the already released DVDs exactly as they are, plus the new one, not a fancy book style box set like The Davros Collection, or I'll have to fucking rebuy them all again. I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, BBC.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-10 04:24:20

At 3/9/08 06:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, BBC.

Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-10 12:11:18

At 3/10/08 04:24 AM, Sticky wrote:
At 3/9/08 06:55 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'M NOT MADE OF MONEY, BBC.
Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?

£300-£400, I'd reckon. No calculation there or anything, just a guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-10 13:51:47

At 3/10/08 12:11 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/10/08 04:24 AM, Sticky wrote: Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?

Shit. Isn't there an ultimate pack to get?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-10 14:22:47

At 3/10/08 01:51 PM, NintendoMadness wrote:
At 3/10/08 12:11 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/10/08 04:24 AM, Sticky wrote: Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on your doctor who dvd collection so far?
Shit. Isn't there an ultimate pack to get?

Nah, there's just single episodes, and a couple of box sets. "The Beginning" has the first 3 episodes, "New Beginnings" has the last two Tom Baker and the first Peter Davison, "Beneath The Surface" has the three Silurian/Sea Devil episodes, "Key To Time" has all 6 Key To Time episodes, "The Davros Collection" has all 6 Davros episodes, and two Peter Davison episodes came in a double pack.

This new one, Bred For War, will have 4 Sontaran episodes, 3 of which are already available.

Also, Amazon does special box sets, but they're just the already released DVDs put inside a cardboard case, rather than new versions or things only available in box sets.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-03-12 18:38:56

Best villains in ages, although the lack of even an attempt at a plausible explanation ruined it a bit. Still, quality episode.

BBS Signature