00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

408,577 Views | 6,208 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-05-29 09:17:09

At 5/29/09 08:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: Mmm, redheads

Oh wow she doesn't look like a chav or anything.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-05-29 09:30:49

At 5/29/09 08:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: Mmm, redheads

Three years older than me and a hour up the road!

Gonna watch Doctor Who in even more detail now!

For Matt Smith of course! No, not really...

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-05-29 17:21:21

Really wished I watched this more often, I only see it on BBC3 when I'm flicking through, although I'll get the box set as a gift at Christmas time.

The last episode I saw was the Strawmen one, I don't know how far back I am but I'll try to catch up.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-03 14:42:47

I reckon "planet of the dead" was probably joined 2nd with "the next doctor" behind "the christmas invasion". It was entertaining which is what's important when you're watching Dr who. It wasn't vintage WHO and it never fully gelled for me but I got pretty excited when the woman said the doctors "time" was coming. Could have done without Lady Christina riding off into the sunset in a frickin bus. The civilians who live in RTD's Doctor who must be going loopy in the head after all the strange things thats happened to their world!

Thestickcreator

Doctor who crew

Cinema club

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-03 14:47:47

Thanks for that. I need to pre-order "remembrance of the daleks" as when I first saw it I thought it was a great classic who story. I may take a look in to the "war games" serial as well since I watched a couple of episodes from it and thought it was pretty impressive. Those two will raise my doctor who DVD collection to 16.

Thestickcreator

Doctor who crew

Cinema club

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-03 15:03:04

At 6/3/09 02:47 PM, Thestickcreator wrote: Thanks for that. I need to pre-order "remembrance of the daleks" as when I first saw it I thought it was a great classic who story. I may take a look in to the "war games" serial as well since I watched a couple of episodes from it and thought it was pretty impressive. Those two will raise my doctor who DVD collection to 16.

Remembrance is already out, in two forms. The standard release, and the special edition as part of the Davros box set. This is just the version from the box set being released individually.

I'll buy it again, even though I have the other two versions already. I've got every other release, may as well get them all.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-03 17:19:25

Anyone know any decent Doctor Who news sites apart from Outpost Gallifrey? That's shutting down in a couple of months, and the only other one I know is the official one, which is hopeless as they don't post leaks or DVD release information or whatever, so you only get official press statements through it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-05 20:33:20

Woo! Finally up to season 10 of the original series. 10 Years of Doctor Who. And it's only taken me how long to get that far? lol

haha I love adding up the number of hours I've spent watching this show. So far just counting the classic series = 329 episodes or around 137 hours lol

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-06 05:20:33

At 6/5/09 08:33 PM, Sticky wrote: Woo! Finally up to season 10 of the original series. 10 Years of Doctor Who. And it's only taken me how long to get that far? lol

haha I love adding up the number of hours I've spent watching this show. So far just counting the classic series = 329 episodes or around 137 hours lol

Series 8-10 are my favourites.

I only have 20 serials left to watch, counting Shada.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-15 16:54:43

Dalton and Simm confirmed on set! Don't believe me? Let the truth set you free! (via io9)

The garb that Dalton is wearing may set some retconning everywhere in RTD's Whoniverse, in time for Moffat's take on it.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-15 23:09:31

At 6/15/09 04:54 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: The garb that Dalton is wearing may set some retconning everywhere in RTD's Whoniverse, in time for Moffat's take on it.

Retconning? I actually thought I read somewhere that RTD was going to bring the time lords back to life in time for Moffat. That's a part of the fresh slate Moffat was promised. It's not really retconning but there'll probably be some ridiculous explanation for it like they've been hiding in the white void or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-18 17:25:08

Torchwood serial confirmed for the week of 4th-10th July, but exact days and times not set yet.

I'm quite excited for this, even if it is Davies, and uses the stupid cliche of creepy/evil children, which NEVER works, it'll just be nice to have a Doctor Who related serial again.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-19 00:54:06

At 6/18/09 05:25 PM, TheMaster wrote: Torchwood serial confirmed for the week of 4th-10th July, but exact days and times not set yet.

oh I didn't realise it would air straight after the radio plays.

I'm quite excited for this, even if it is Davies, and uses the stupid cliche of creepy/evil children, which NEVER works, it'll just be nice to have a Doctor Who related serial again.

An episode that isn't wrapped up neatly in an hour and where you have enough time to actually care about the secondary characters? It's practically unheard of.

By the way, I forgot. Is each episode going to be the standard hour long? Making the serial 5 hours long, or only half hour sections?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-22 12:21:16

Watched Delta and the Bannermen.

Awful. Worse than RTD stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-25 15:57:11

Monday 6th July, 9:00pm for Torchwood.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-25 21:16:56

At 6/25/09 03:57 PM, TheMaster wrote: Monday 6th July, 9:00pm for Torchwood.

Well that's hardly surprising. As if they would start a 5 part serial any time except a monday.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-30 10:10:43

So there's this website, www.myepisodes.com, where you check the boxes of every episode of a show you've watched, and it tells you how much time you've wasted on it.

I've got 1 week, 3 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes of classic Who, and 2 days, 2 hours of new Who.

That's quite a lot.

All my time wasting if anyone's interested.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-30 19:44:21

Wow, you're flogging me. I've only got 5 days 20 hours haha

Pretty cool to see how much time I've spent just watching tv. I would have though I'd have spent more time watching LOST than doctor who (1963) since the doctor who episodes are half the length and lost seems to just go on forever but nope. I've only seen 4 days 10 hours of lost.

Pretty cool site I'm gonna go see what else I've wasted time on.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-06-30 19:49:22

Site isn't 100% accurate, mind. Takes all classic Who as 25 minutes, when for a while they were 45 minutes, and takes stuff like Buffy and Angel as an hour, when really they're only an 45 minutes, hour with adverts.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-01 04:20:27

At 6/30/09 07:49 PM, TheMaster wrote: Site isn't 100% accurate, mind. Takes all classic Who as 25 minutes, when for a while they were 45 minutes,

Since when was any classic doctor who 45 minutes? There mustn't be many episodes that length is there?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-01 06:49:29

At 7/1/09 04:20 AM, Sticky wrote: Since when was any classic doctor who 45 minutes? There mustn't be many episodes that length is there?

Season 22 is all 45 minute episodes, and so is Resurrection of the Daleks in season 21. That's it, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-03 20:14:15

So, just finished listening to the three torchwood radio serials. Not spectacular but they were alright to listen to. First one was the best.

I can't say they had much continuity in them that would bridge series 2 and 3 together. I suppose all the serials showed was PC Andy finally learning about what torchwood is (ie the existence of aliens) and Rhys becoming more a part of the torchwood team.

Also torchwood apparently have (had) a base in India which they used to store stolen alien technology. Don't know how important that is but it shows torchwood (for whatever reason) operates outside of Britain as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-06 17:22:40

Pretty crap. Don't have much hope for the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-06 21:05:23

At 7/6/09 05:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: Pretty crap. Don't have much hope for the rest.

LOL! Sounds promising.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-07 19:03:17

At 7/6/09 05:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: Pretty crap. Don't have much hope for the rest.

Crap? I just saw it and I liked it. What wasn't to like?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-07 19:19:51

At 7/7/09 07:03 PM, Sticky wrote:
Crap? I just saw it and I liked it. What wasn't to like?

I don't like the whole "GOVERNMENT IS EVIL" thing. It's horribly overdone, and characters like that woman hunting them down are also really irritating.

Eh, second part was better. I quite like the government scientist bits where they're trying to work out what's going on and dropping hints about the original visit, but they're few and far between.

Still not good.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-08 05:34:39

I can't believe you guys. I'm actually loving it so far. Sure it's ridiculous that gwen is a better shot than trained professionals and can avoid so many shots from a sniper. Sure it's ridiculous that the password to the top secret files in the government computer is the name of the girl who works there and that she would give such an important password to the new girl. But you know, that kind of stuff has been in doctor who since the beginning of time.

And it's not a "government is evil" kind of story. It's just the government covering their tracks which is entirely within the realm of reality. I can't wait to see what the alien turns out to be. I really hope it's some new character. Though then again I would bloody piss myself if it turned out to be the macra or something hahaha You never know, it could be. They needed a poisonous atmosphere to survive ;)

Also, Jack regenerating and being buried in concrete was awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-08 19:39:12

At 7/8/09 07:21 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Looks like Davies watched Independence Day.

In before Jack punches out an alien and shouts "WELCOME TA ERF!"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-09 13:45:17

Torchwood clashes with That Mitchell and Webb Look and Mock The Week tonight.

Thank fuck for Sky+

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-07-09 18:02:46

Another resounding "ehh..." this week, then.

BBS Signature