00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ada242 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get the servers sorted guys...

1,859 Views | 2 Replies

Get the servers sorted guys... 2001-03-04 18:34:21

I'm seriously getting tired of this "cannot find server" and "the page cannot be displayed".

Newgrounds is a fantastic site other than that and it's one of those things that really needs to be sorted out. And quickly. Unless it's some dire plot to shell-off some users so that new servers don't have to be bought.

I'm sorry, I know this message has been written before and it'll probably be written again before the problem is corrected. And these messages tend to come in waves.

I have an idea for the Portal though: How about when you use the drop down bar to see what other movies people have made, it shows the average voted score or review score along side the name. It might tempt people to go and see other movies, especially if they saw a user's crappy first attempts and then gave up on them instead of seeing newer things that could be a hell of a lot better (like from 0.54/5 to 2.76/5 for example)

Just an idea,

-Diablo

Response to Get the servers sorted guys... 2001-03-04 18:42:04

At 3/4/01 06:34 PM, El_diablo_re_born wrote: I'm seriously getting tired of this "cannot find server" and "the page cannot be displayed".

Newgrounds is a fantastic site other than that and it's one of those things that really needs to be sorted out. And quickly. Unless it's some dire plot to shell-off some users so that new servers don't have to be bought.

I'm sorry, I know this message has been written before and it'll probably be written again before the problem is corrected. And these messages tend to come in waves.

I have an idea for the Portal though: How about when you use the drop down bar to see what other movies people have made, it shows the average voted score or review score along side the name. It might tempt people to go and see other movies, especially if they saw a user's crappy first attempts and then gave up on them instead of seeing newer things that could be a hell of a lot better (like from 0.54/5 to 2.76/5 for example)

Just an idea,

-Diablo

First of all, it traffic, not that their servers are not sorted out right. Second, while they may be able to pay for another server, they wouldn't be able to pay for the bandwith. They are financially challenged right now.
Your welcome.

What may man within him hide, though angel on the outward side.

BBS Signature

Response to Get the servers sorted guys... 2001-03-04 23:00:38

At 3/4/01 06:42 PM, Lord_Aba wrote:
At 3/4/01 06:34 PM, El_diablo_re_born wrote: I'm seriously getting tired of this "cannot find server" and "the page cannot be displayed".

Just an idea,

-Diablo
First of all, it traffic, not that their servers are not sorted out right. Second, while they may be able to pay for another server, they wouldn't be able to pay for the bandwith. They are financially challenged right now.
Your welcome.

I'm saving 15 bucks for newgrounds. not much. just think though if everyone gives 15 bucks thats a lot of money. oh and set levels would be nice.