00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FallenRider just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords

2,458 Views | 64 Replies

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:08:39

At 6/7/06 11:05 PM, _Matt_ wrote:
What the fuck happened with Halo 2 single player then. LIES.

The covenant didn't feel like making their swords out of metal like everyone else does. Apparently the battery didn't wear down by simply maintaining the damn thing, but hitting something did.

Anyway, guns and swords are both more pathetic than simple hand to hand fighting. Swords are at accepable as far as actual fighting goes, but hiding behind a barrier and shooting something takes no effort at all.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:08:40

At 6/7/06 11:03 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 6/7/06 10:57 PM, tendollarsuckysucky wrote: 11. you look cooler dual wielding desert eagles than any dual sword combo.
I would pay money to see someone trying to dual-weild Desert Eagles, you're going to dislocate your shoulders, have no accuracy and generally be utterly useless. =/

well i have payed money to see it and it is possible. they did it with almost no recoil from the wrist up their to shoulder. if there was they hid it very well.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:08:44

At 6/7/06 11:06 PM, Slinging-Blood wrote:
At 6/7/06 11:04 PM, Sceptor wrote: If you are a master swordsman you can throw the sword at the person and kill him in the same time it takes to kill someone with a gun. If you arent a master swordsman...... you are pretty much screwed.
Unless you have a fully automatic firearm or a shotgun, then you can shoot the guy before he can ever get in range to throw a sword.

you know, now that I think about it, the dude with the sword could sneak up and kill the dude w/ the gun, hmmmmm thats only IF he hasn't already set off the alarm. Yes, I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:09:09

At 6/7/06 11:06 PM, Slinging-Blood wrote:
At 6/7/06 11:04 PM, Sceptor wrote: If you are a master swordsman you can throw the sword at the person and kill him in the same time it takes to kill someone with a gun. If you arent a master swordsman...... you are pretty much screwed.
Unless you have a fully automatic firearm or a shotgun, then you can shoot the guy before he can ever get in range to throw a sword.

I know. But my point is that even though I love swords more then guns, guns will still win.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:10:27

At 6/7/06 11:08 PM, tendollarsuckysucky wrote:
At 6/7/06 10:57 PM, tendollarsuckysucky wrote: 11. you look cooler dual wielding desert eagles than any dual sword combo.
I would pay money to see someone trying to dual-weild Desert Eagles, you're going to dislocate your shoulders, have no accuracy and generally be utterly useless. =/
well i have payed money to see it and it is possible. they did it with almost no recoil from the wrist up their to shoulder. if there was they hid it very well.

bullshit, unless they had stocks equipped to them er something, but I dont believe they sell stabelizers (sp?) for DEs.

Resident furfag, and (one of) Newground's bastard child(s).

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:11:31

Then again, if you're "The One" then either one will do. :/

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:14:32

no stocks they just stood there and shot a tree. they didn't cross their arms though. until then i never knew that when you did that you aim goes way off. they held them like this l l not like this /\ bad explanation but that's how they did it.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:15:19

At 6/7/06 11:12 PM, Fyndir wrote: You could custom-make some, but it would still be really fucking stupid because of the 7 round clips, with dual-weilding you want lighter guns and larger clips, it just works better.

Unless you get some idiot to pay you money to do it. Oh wait.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:17:26

A gun has a longer range then a sword. If you are a skilled shooter you will be able to kill any swordsman before he even gets close no matter how skiled he is. If he is going to throw the sword, first of he needs to get relatively close, otherwise you can just dodge it. He won't hit you from 300 feet away. Throwing a sword requires alot of accuracy, if you miss you're fucked, also you have a higher chance of dodging a sword then dodging a bullet because a bullet goes way faster then you can throw a sword. If you miss with a gun, you can shoot again quickly, while with a sword it will take you time to pick up another after you miss. With a machine gun you could mow down hundreds of swordsmen before they even get close, can't do that with a sword.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:18:33

At 6/7/06 11:07 PM, Dark_lord_Haku wrote: Never played it, kiddo. Also, its just a fuckin game. ^_^

Seems like I need to include a sarcasm HTML tag these days so people understand that it's a joke.

On a more serious note, although a blade doesn't run out of ammo, what if it get's dull. Dulling the edge, or even breaking the blade itself is the equivalent to a gun running out of ammo. Although I admit a blade wouldn't likely dull as quickly as a gun would run out of ammunition. A good shot only needs 1 or 2 bullets anyway.

Also, I realized this conversation is almost completely irrelevant to any event in real life, and isn't really worth talking about.

At 6/7/06 11:08 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote:
The covenant didn't feel like making their swords out of metal like everyone else does. Apparently the battery didn't wear down by simply maintaining the damn thing, but hitting something did.

Something I never understood really, but actually I always preferred fist fighting after the ammo ran out, it stunned the enimes and as long as you didn't have a throng of enimes unloading on you you could nearly beat a brute with your fists.

Anyway, guns and swords are both more pathetic than simple hand to hand fighting. Swords are at accepable as far as actual fighting goes, but hiding behind a barrier and shooting something takes no effort at all.

As I mentioned before this conversation is rather irrelevant to real life. IF a fight ever occured, I doubt any of the fighters would have a gun on them (Unless one was one of African-American descent. I'm banned now.) much less a sword.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:19:24

then why we dont carry both a gun & a sword? or a shotgun & a knife! make your combo :)

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:25:12

10 reasons swords are better.

- they have been around longer
- more stealthy
- cooler looking
- anybody can fuck with a person with a gun but no one will fuck with a guy with a sword
- death by gun shot seems lamer than death by decapatation with a simatar
- ninjas don't use guns the use fucking katanas
- A flash of steel and blood flyng every where is soo much cooler than a loud bang and blood oozing
- whats a better story to tell your scar from the a gunshot wound or how some crazy mofo cut your arm off with a katana
- clouds buster sword
- see numbers 1-9

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:26:00

guns are better man, the Medal of honor series will look stupid if you use a sword to kill nazis XD.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:31:02

At 6/7/06 11:25 PM, Demon-Squriell wrote: 10 reasons swords are better.

- more stealthy
- cooler looking
- anybody can fuck with a person with a gun but no one will fuck with a guy with a sword
- A flash of steel and blood flyng every where is soo much cooler than a loud bang and blood oozing
- whats a better story to tell your scar from the a gunshot wound or how some crazy mofo cut your arm off with a katana
- clouds buster sword
- see numbers 1-9

i would much rather have a gunshot wound then a missing arm, also i would F with a dude holding a sword over a dude with a gun(considering i had to) also have you ever seen a ninja? have you?! i didn't think so. you don't know what they did. and clouds sword is pretty cool looking.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:32:20

Guns are awesome. But I think seeing 2 people fight it out with blades is mor interesting than 2 people shooting at eachother and running around.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:33:09

Your point is? Rocks have been around longer than swords. Does that make rocks cool?

- more stealthy

Consealed Weapons

- cooler looking

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And the person who fucks with the guy with the gun gets shot.

Hollow Point FTW

Ninjas are also really lame.

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder.

Whats better, having two arms or one?

- clouds buster sword

Ratchet and Clank for one example, the list goes on.

- see numbers 1-9

Liar.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:56:59

Makes no practical sense

- more stealthy

As is a silenced firearm

- cooler looking

Makes no practical sense

I wouldnt fuck with either

Makes no practical sense

Makes no practical sense

Makes no practical sense

Makes no practical sense

- clouds buster sword

Thats in a video game and makes no practical sense

- see numbers 1-9

You're a moron

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-07 23:59:22

Its good to have guns so you can actually have a chance against a enemy who is probably also using a gun, but when your ammo runs out that’s when you pull out your swords and chop chop chop!!!

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 00:02:11

Do you know how hard it is to wield one Desert Eagle one handed, hell, even two handed? Wielding two is much harder. In the old Iraqi Republic army, some officers were trained to fire it with one arm, I believe. It hurts like hell, and definitely needs training. Swords need training as well, especially with two. It'd be easy to knock one sword with the other and impale/injure yourself. They're about equally dangerous to yourself.

I think two swords would look cooler, anyways. Opinions though.

Anywho, I like swords, and I like guns. I'd really like to learn to use swords well, and I'd really like to learn to shoot a gun well.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 00:11:42

i've never shot one but i've held one and it was a good feeling.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 00:14:29

There's a reason I hate both. It's called an Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG).

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 00:56:23

Yes, guns are more effective at punching holes in people. That's why they're in use now. Still, I'd recommend a sword for most people on this board, because it's a lot harder for them to hurt someone valuable with it.

I'm resisting the temptation to turn this into a rant about either firearms laws or the general level of thought on the BBS. (I love making arrogant, superior comments).

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 00:58:47

Yeah, Lets go to the scales

Sword-------------Automatic Rifle
hmmmmm. i wonder

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 01:41:53

- more stealthy
- cooler looking
- clouds buster sword
- see numbers 1-9

You also don`t have to reload a sword, and you don`t need any ammo too use it.
Swords are easier to make.
Any idiot could use a sword, but not any idiot could use a gun. (Allthough I am not sure of the result of the idiot using the sword.)

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 01:45:51

At 6/7/06 11:31 PM, tendollarsuckysucky wrote:

- more stealthy
- cooler looking
- clouds buster sword
- see numbers 1-9
i would much rather have a gunshot wound then a missing arm, also i would F with a dude holding a sword over a dude with a gun(considering i had to) also have you ever seen a ninja? have you?! i didn't think so. you don't know what they did. and clouds sword is pretty cool looking.

Hahahaha ow simple minded you are. you can be called a ninja if yo uhave studied the art of ninjitsu. I have only scartched the surface though but still it is aswom to say you are a ninja. I could kill a man if I wanted to but I dont want to I am a peacefull Ninja.

But anyway D-S I agree with you Swords > Guns.

Plus when the Zombies attack they will be drawn to the noise of gun fire wy the men with swords go in cleaving headsoff like silent assasins

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 01:47:42

At 6/7/06 11:03 PM, Dark_lord_Haku wrote: (+ you ever run out of ammo with a blade ). >:(

It's sad that the hilt is better than almost every gun in single player. The only time I give up the hilt is when a fresh sword is available.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 01:50:40

Shut up stupid. You have no common sense. God dammit people one this website are fucking stupid. I sure as fuck can't wait till all this electronic shit goes tits up and you fruity nerds are rendered completely useless.

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 01:53:31

At 6/8/06 01:45 AM, UK_WILDCAT wrote: stuff

Too bad zombies don't exist, and just wait till you get your sword stuck to a zombies skull, you = swarmed, where as a shotgun blast will kill 2 or 3 of them ( if they existed that is)

Lets see who would win in a fight, a guy with a 2 mile advantage, or the guy with "cool looking sword"

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 01:53:53

At 6/7/06 10:55 PM, Slinging-Blood wrote: 1. Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark.
2. NRA.
3. What killed Tony Montana, a gun, not a pussy katana.
4. The pull of a finger instead of a whole mess of arm maneuvers.
5. Try hunting with a sword.
6. A range of 2 miles.
7. The Japanese Army in WW2
8. 2000 feet per second.
9. Less mess.
10. Easy to conceal.

Thunderjoe is awesome

yea
but think
the gun duels are like 3 secs long
the sword are more exciting and stuff
but still
ill prefer a cutted shotgun :D

Response to 10 Reasons Why Guns > Swords 2006-06-08 01:56:36

At 6/7/06 11:06 PM, Ghost_Ryder wrote:
Yeah seriously that gun has way to much recoil. Maybe a M1911 . 45 ACP or a M9 but not a deagle.

I tried it with a .45 and with a 9mm just yesterday. Dual weilding is hard as hell. My shots went from a 6 inch group to about 3 feet. I am sure with practice it would be possible but I think I will stick with one gun at a time. No need to be greedy, :P.

I think a 9 mm would be your best bet though, put like 22 rounds down range, if nothing else luck will hit something haha.

At 6/8/06 12:11 AM, tendollarsuckysucky wrote: i've never shot one but i've held one and it was a good feeling.

I have never felt anything better then my .357. It's weird it almost feels like it was ment to be there.